Page 402 of 675 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Any suggestions about if/how to weatherproof the 1301 while trekking around the Tongass rainforest? The weather next week looks... wet. Should I be worried about shells in the tube getting wet?

@GJM

This guy seems to have done it without issue. Makes sense considering duck hunters and all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dq7K5F3PZU

I humped guns in HI jungles plenty of times without any issue from moisture. If you're that worried about it, sling it under your poncho. This way it's still ready for self-defense use where you don't need to remove it from a sock/cover.

If it gets soaked, hit it the gun with WD40 (Water displacement), wipe it dry, and use CLP. Then wipe down the brass on the shells from the magazine and/or replace those shells with fresh ones. Let the wet ones dry out.

I don't think much of that is necessary but that's what I would do in the field if concerned. I would use a sandwich bag or condom on the barrel muzzle if you think you might get mud in there.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 05-27-2021 at 02:18 PM.
    "Follow me!"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've seen in other forums where people just tape over the muzzle with blue or green painter's tape to keep water and debris out. Rifles or shotguns. If you need to shoot with it on there, the tape doesn't hurt anything and doesn't affect POI.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Any suggestions about if/how to weatherproof the 1301 while trekking around the Tongass rainforest? The weather next week looks... wet. Should I be worried about shells in the tube getting wet?

@GJM
    I have never worried about slugs getting wet. I tape the muzzle of my hunting rifles with 3M electrical tape but not my shotguns as I want the water to run out and my slightly extended mag tube is an offset from the muzzle going into mud.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I grew up in Alaska, Anchorage area, and we did most of our hunting around Iliamna, Kenai peninsula and places I can't remember (too young). We didn't do shotgun hunting, so I can't speak for that, but when I was carrying the rifle slung, it was muzzle down on the left shoulder. I don't know that would work for you, but it would help that the shell mouths would face down so less likely that water would run into the shell.

FYI, Littlecreektrading.com has the Nordic magazine extension kits in stock for $115.71 plus shipping.

https://littlecreektrading.com/nordi...-tactical-kit/

Reviewing 400+ pages for those little nuggets of information is hypnotizing. Anyway, I did a search (the whole damn internet) for the answer to my question, but didn't find it. The though occurred to me it could be very useful to have an M-Lok slot template you could use to create a mounting slot in a plastic handguard or buttstock where none existed.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    Reviewing 400+ pages for those little nuggets of information is hypnotizing. Anyway, I did a search (the whole damn internet) for the answer to my question, but didn't find it. The though occurred to me it could be very useful to have an M-Lok slot template you could use to create a mounting slot in a plastic handguard or buttstock where none existed.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-LOK#...dimensions.jpg
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    FYI, Littlecreektrading.com has the Nordic magazine extension kits in stock for $115.71 plus shipping.

https://littlecreektrading.com/nordi...-tactical-kit/
    And now they're out of stock. Hopefully some of you guys got them!

The aridus industry ads-1301 stock adapter is in stock. Better hurry if you want one

Chad

Dang it, does Aridus make their product in batches of a dozen? I got the email notification that the Magpul SGA adapter was in stock but by the time I clicked on the link they were sold out again! I guess it's wait another year for the next dozen?
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Cāmara

User Tag List