Page 342 of 678 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 6772

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

That was fast. Hit my inbox at 9:45 am.

That’s exactly what happened to me until one time I saw the e-mail notification almost immediately after it was sent. You have to move fast!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Taking a defensive shotgun class tomorrow. I am using my M4 and my 1301. I’ll have a chance to test the light mount as it sits. I did however come up with a cleaner and more solid solution. If you could screw the Magpul mount to a flat bar that would extend its length a bit and also act as a short spacer to lift the mount off of the clamp slightly. You could use several of the Nordic screws to attach it to the clamp. This would then allow you to control where (how far back) the rail section sits on the forearm. Using a Surefire pro model light you could then adjust its placement hugging as close or as far from the barrel as you wanted mounting it to the rail section. I am going to see if I can fab something up later.

Vlad’s angle iron mount inspired me but I am just no good at working with metal.

Hi everyone, new to the forum. Really glad i found this thread. Great info and feedback 🍻

I'm in the market for a semi auto and the 1301 tac is at the top of the list right now. Want to ask a quick question, might be stupid, but I rather be sure.

I don't like the bulk of the factory rear sight and would like to replace it with an Aridus CROM. Likely won't mount a RDS, but rather use the ghost ring (Rob Haught Mod). From pictures it looks like the CROM is lower than the factory rear sight. Is there enough adjustment in the rear ghost ring sight on the CROM to still use with factory front sight? Such that you can still zero the ghost ring sights?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    Taking a defensive shotgun class tomorrow. I am using my M4 and my 1301. I’ll have a chance to test the light mount as it sits. I did however come up with a cleaner and more solid solution. If you could screw the Magpul mount to a flat bar that would extend its length a bit and also act as a short spacer to lift the mount off of the clamp slightly. You could use several of the Nordic screws to attach it to the clamp. This would then allow you to control where (how far back) the rail section sits on the forearm. Using a Surefire pro model light you could then adjust its placement hugging as close or as far from the barrel as you wanted mounting it to the rail section. I am going to see if I can fab something up later.

Vlad’s angle iron mount inspired me but I am just no good at working with metal.
    Have fun at the class, let us know how the light/mount works. In fact if you want, we have an After Action Report sub forum here where you could post your experiences and thoughts of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Have fun at the class, let us know how the light/mount works. In fact if you want, we have an After Action Report sub forum here where you could post your experiences and thoughts of the class.
    Will do. A friend of a friend is giving it as a free dry run for his paid class later. I took advantage of the free invite in return for my input. I kinda wish more instructors did this and tried working out the kinks ahead of time as well as being willing to listen to input. Should be fun.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AOITC589 View Post
    Hi everyone, new to the forum. Really glad i found this thread. Great info and feedback 🍻

I'm in the market for a semi auto and the 1301 tac is at the top of the list right now. Want to ask a quick question, might be stupid, but I rather be sure.

I don't like the bulk of the factory rear sight and would like to replace it with an Aridus CROM. Likely won't mount a RDS, but rather use the ghost ring (Rob Haught Mod). From pictures it looks like the CROM is lower than the factory rear sight. Is there enough adjustment in the rear ghost ring sight on the CROM to still use with factory front sight? Such that you can still zero the ghost ring sights?

Thanks!
    It's designed to co-witness with the optic, so yes. I have the CROM on my guns zeroed with the front sight and it works fine.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It's designed to co-witness with the optic, so yes. I have the CROM on my guns zeroed with the front sight and it works fine.
    This... If the rear iron didn't work with the front sight it would be useless.
    The only negative to running the CROM without an RDS is that the rear iron is kind of exposed and unprotected as compared to the factory ghost ring sight.

Thank you both for confirming. Sighting is very new to me and I'm still learning.

I did consider that the sight won't be protected, but I'm trying to minimize bulk. Planning to use the 18.5" tactical for hd. Maybe I'll just keep the factory rear depending on how much i like it at the range.

Always wanted a Benelli for hd, but the price is out of my range right now. So figured why not a pump since you can't go wrong, but can't find a 590A1 at the moment. Ignorant to other options, i stumbled upon the 1301 and can't find much bad about it.

Would love an American made semi. FN SLP has very mixed reviews, mostly negative. There's the Remington V3. I'll be looking into that more before pulling the trigger on the 1301.

User Tag List