Page 57 of 680 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    FWIW, if you're standing on a solid surface, you can quickly clear the malfunction simply by pointing the gun down, and striking the muzzle into the floor. The resulting inertia will carry the offending shell back into the magazine tube. It doesn't take a very hard strike to do this -- basically letting the gun drop from about 4" above ground would reliably put my gun back into working condition, and without so much as a scratch as long as I was on a carpeted surface.

Obviously, this won't work if you're standing in a swamp or something, and I am certainly not suggesting it takes the place of a genuine fix. However, it was something useful I noted while tinkering with the gun trying to figure out how to correct Beretta's mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Just talked to a guy at Beretta... The tactical models have polymer rails, the competition models have alloy rails.
    Much appreciated.

Tom, you mentioned someone who might be willing to take on producing the lifter mod. Do you know if they were looking to sell modded lifters or if the plan was to send your own in for the modification?

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    I don't know man, I'm going to have to disagree with this statement. I've been bird hunting with Beretta shotguns for a long time, and I have always enjoyed this feature ya'll are discussing... (In a hunting scenario at least.) When the hunt is over, you push the slide release with your thumb, push up the lifter with your pointer finger, and out comes the shells from the magazine tube. It's way faster than cycling the bolt to unload your magazine.

I am just not qualified enough to make a judgement on how much sense it makes on a self defense weapon, but I can tell you it's not a feature I would not want to lose on a hunting gun.
    If Beretta basically disabled the function and made the shell stops independent of the bolt release, you'd still be able to manually push the shell stop to unload without having to run each round through the action.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You ask him about the "issue" we have been discussing?
    He knows about it. We've talked about it. We will likely talk more about it
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Please tell him I'm one of many who is growing tired of waiting on them. I'll end up with a Benelli or FNH if they don't get off their duff soon.

Site Supporter
    Could you also ask if there are any plans for an SBS version?

For whatever you think of Sig, if this were their product, by now they would have fixed this issue and had seven variations of it, including a SBS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

For whatever you think of Sig, if this were their product, by now they would have fixed this issue and had seven variations of it, including a SBS.
    And the MIM piece they used for the "fix" would have snapped in half.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

1301 Legion....

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List