Page 292 of 680 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Quick follow up:
    Regarding the front sight: I was able to tap it straight with a vice, wood block, and hammer, just like drifting a dovetail sight. Quick and easy.

Regarding the breacher choke: I called BUSA and they are mailing me the correct choke. Can't be upset with that response. The CS person said a batch of them were sent out incorrectly.
    Thanks for this. I bought a 1301 Tactical yesterday that came with the same extended, threaded choke tube. After getting transferred to the right department at Beretta USA (extension 2003 for future reference), the man I talked to explained that a batch of guns were mistakenly equipped with what he referred to as a law enforcement choke tube, designed to facilitate the addition of a muzzle break. He volunteered to send me a flush-fit cylinder bore choke tube at no cost. I supplied my name and address. I'll report back when it arrives.

With much thanks and gratitude to everyone who has contributed to this thread over the years, I present my finished 1301T...

Which side saddle are you running?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Seems like it may be time for Erik to drop back by.
    Looking at Beretta's website the black 1301 is listed with an improved cylinder choke, the FDE and OD green just say OCHP. At least they did yesterday. Today looks like it was changed. Talked to customer service and they said the cylinder choke is correct. It's not a huge deal for me, I was just wanting to make sure I was getting what I was supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Which side saddle are you running?
    That is a Shotgun Card from Brown Coat Tactical. I have since heard some smart folks from a recent P&S podcast say to only use either the Aridus mount or the Vang Comp mount but I had already made my purchase. Their reason was everything else is basically crap.
    After receiving the BCT cards I have to wonder if those gentlemen have just not tried out the Brown Coat cards because they seem extremely well made to me. The reason most cards suck and are to be avoided is that over time they can curl and also loose elasticity. The cards from Vang Comp are alleged to be curl resistant and I believe that the cards from BCT are as well based on my brief experience with them. The BCT cards are made from two layers of scuba webbing and are extremely stiff and the elastic loops are extremely tight... It's kind of a mf'er to get shells into the loops the first time you try. But I'm not worried about them falling out or curling.
    Time will tell.
    That one card has been on my 1301T for a month so far and shows no sign of curling or loosening... Hardly a conclusive test by any standard but I have high hopes.
    The only reason I did not go with the Aridus was the weight factor... I don't really see myself even needing the side saddle for most situations given the 1301 is holding 8 shells by itself and I didn't want to add 9.2ozs worth of side saddle to a shotgun that already weighs 9lb loaded and kitted as shown in my pics.

That is a Shotgun Card from Brown Coat Tactical. I have since heard some smart folks from a recent P&S podcast say to only use either the Aridus mount or the Vang Comp mount but I had already made my purchase. Their reason was everything else is basically crap.
    After receiving the BCT cards I have to wonder if those gentlemen have just not tried out the Brown Coat cards because they seem extremely well made to me. The reason most cards suck and are to be avoided is that over time they can curl and also loose elasticity. The cards from Vang Comp are alleged to be curl resistant and I believe that the cards from BCT are as well based on my brief experience with them. The BCT cards are made from two layers of scuba webbing and are extremely stiff and the elastic loops are extremely tight... It's kind of a mf'er to get shells into the loops the first time you try. But I'm not worried about them falling out or curling.
    Time will tell.
    That one card has been on my 1301T for a month so far and shows no sign of curling or loosening... Hardly a conclusive test by any standard but I have high hopes.
    The only reason I did not go with the Aridus was the weight factor... I don't really see myself even needing the side saddle for most situations given the 1301 is holding 8 shells by itself and I didn't want to add 9.2ozs worth of side saddle to a shotgun that already weighs 9lb loaded and kitted as shown in my pics.

Thanks. Will have to check them out
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Does Vang make a side saddle mount for the 1301, or is this just taking the cards for the 870 and using your own Velcro to attach them?

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Does Vang make a side saddle mount for the 1301, or is this just taking the cards for the 870 and using your own Velcro to attach them?
    The Vang mounts the velcro onto an aluminum plate that bolts onto mossberg's and 870's... they don't have anything specifically for the 1301 but I think there is a universal plate that mounts using adhesive. You would have to check their website to be sure. But yeah, you could skip the plate and just use their cards with velcro directly to the receiver.

Not to intrude/muddy the water but I tried HARD to use the Raven cards on my 1301T during a HIT's SG class a few years back.

By mid day the loops I'd slap on my receiver would shake/vibrate loose, not the receiver velcro as it was industrial grade from Raven. After coon fingering Jack Dogs Aridus SS I on breaks I bought that set up, have it now on both of my 1301s & wonder why I waited so long.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 10-01-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Not to intrude/muddy the water but I tried HARD to use the Raven cards on my 1301T during a HIT's SG class a few years back.

By mid day the loops I'd slap on my receiver would shake/vibrate loose, not the receiver velcro as it was industrial grade from Raven. After coon fingering Jack Dogs Aridus SS I on breaks I bought that set up, have it now on both of my 1301s & wonder why I waited so long.
    I don't disagree with your assessment... I have not run cards through a class but suspect that the constant heavy abuse would severely tax them. For normal use (mostly stored and doing nothing) I believe they will be fine but eventually I may ignore the weight penalty and buy the Aridus QD. If my 1301 was being stored in a very hot environment (trunk of car for instance) I might totally skip over the velcro cards for fear of the heat killing the velcro adhesive and the elastic bands.

If my 1301 was being stored in a very hot environment (trunk of car for instance) I might totally skip over the velcro cards for fear of the heat killing the velcro adhesive and the elastic bands.
    But doesn't the Aridus rig stick to the receiver with adhesive?

User Tag List