Page 644 of 680 FirstFirst ... 144544594634642643644645646654 ... LastLast
Results 6,431 to 6,440 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    Entire trigger group is bone stock. We were shooting a hodgepodge of buckshot loads ranging from 3" to 2 3/4" Magnum and 2 3/4" standard/low recoil. Very few 3" shells have ever been through this gun, we were clearing out the stash a bit.
    I'd recommend sending it in to Beretta to take a look.
    3/15/2016

Spent some time with my 1301 yesterday. I love this gun. Shot some shotgun standards a buddy of mine uses in his classes. Took advantage of GGG Black Friday sale and ordered a Zhukov forearm.

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    There are quite a few optic mounts on the market today that cowitness with the LPA rear sight. I may switch back to the plastic rear sight now that I can buy a different aperture. I don't like how much the OE rear aperture blocks my sight.

I'm curious why you would switch back to the plastic sight over the steel LPA?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Spent some time with my 1301 yesterday. I love this gun. Shot some shotgun standards a buddy of mine uses in his classes. Took advantage of GGG Black Friday sale and ordered a Zhukov forearm.

Is that the rustynuts mount for the aimpoint micro? How do you like it? Does the gap between the mount and barrel caused by the overhang cause any tangling issues or get hung up on the sling?

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Is that the rustynuts mount for the aimpoint micro? How do you like it? Does the gap between the mount and barrel caused by the overhang cause any tangling issues or get hung up on the sling?
    It is the RND mount. I like it. Replaced the CROM that came with the 1301 with it. Haven’t had any issues with it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I'm curious why you would switch back to the plastic sight over the steel LPA?
    The plastic sight weighs less. When I swap them back I'll post the weights. LPA should make aluminum sight bodies or skeletonized the steel.

Reference my hammer strut failure report: A you tuber named "Target Focused Life" had a very similar (but not identical) failure with an A300. His was a lack of trigger reset but did not mention the jammed hammer struts as an issue.

The trigger group appears identical to the 1301/A400 series to me. His video is long winded but basically blames an out of spec hammer. Replacement solved his problem.
    My apologies to weasels.

Here is the difference in thread length between OEM Beretta and LPA aftermarket.

There is two threads engagement with the OEM screws. Aftermarket sit flush. This picture makes the screws seem less short than they are. This is why factory sights come loose.

TacOrd half ring in a steel LPA M4 sight.

Plastic vs steel

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    Here is the difference in thread length between OEM Beretta and LPA aftermarket.

There is two threads engagement with the OEM screws. Aftermarket sit flush. This picture makes the screws seem less short than they are. This is why factory sights come loose.

TacOrd half ring in a steel LPA M4 sight.

Plastic vs steel

I'm confused, the sight only takes 2 screws right? Why is there 8 screws?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I'm confused, the sight only takes 2 screws right? Why is there 8 screws?
    The four short screws are for the OEM sight and rail, all four are the same. The four longer screws are screws that came from LPA; two are for a different application and are unused. If you look closely, you can tell which short screws were used on the rail, they show engagement on all of the loctite.

User Tag List