Page 489 of 679 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 6790

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I've tried to follow this thread, but I cannot keep up with everything so have a question. The Aridus stock...really like, but there is something about a metal thingy that is in the factory stock and not in the Aridus that interacts with the recoils system and may cause excess wear to frame or other components from the bolt or something like this? Is this really a thing or OCD? Thanks.
    Yes I agree. If it was not supposed to be there Beretta would have never put it there. Use the GG&G stock adapter. It is built with the recoil buffer like the OEM.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcraigster26 View Post
    Yes I agree. If it was not supposed to be there Beretta would have never put it there. Use the GG&G stock adapter. It is built with the recoil buffer like the OEM.

Can you elaborate on the difference between these two? I have the Aridus adaptor but I don’t recall removing anything during the install. It was a long time ago tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    Can you elaborate on the difference between these two? I have the Aridus adaptor but I don’t recall removing anything during the install. It was a long time ago tho.
    When you removed the oem rod from the back of the receiver you can see a small plunger in the tip of the rod that protrudes up into the back of the receiver. The plunger is actually a buffer for the bolt when it cycles to the rear of the receiver. The Aridus adapter eliminates this and allows the bolt to slam into the rear of the receiver when the action cycles. The GG&G has the buffer built into theirs just like the oem part. To me it seems like a much better design. Beretta put it there for a reason. Top pic is Aridus and bottom is GG&G. You can see on the GG&G adapter bolt it has a small plunger/buffer in the tip. With enough force the tip actually moves in and helps stop the bolt from slamming into the rear of the receiver.

I noticed this when installing my Aridus adapter. Just cycling the bolt fast by hand i could tell a big difference. I searched online and found no mention of this anywhere. I started a thread on here about it but it didn't go anywhere. I emailed Aridus about it and of course got no reply. If I was buying an adapter I would buy the GG&G 100%. I will probably get alot of hate for saying that but I'm going to go with whoever makes the better product. Just my thoughts...

General consensus was that the "buffer" was a non issue I thought. Lots of rounds through some trainers guns without issue has me satisfied with the Aridus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    General consensus was that the "buffer" was a non issue I thought. Lots of rounds through some trainers guns without issue has me satisfied with the Aridus.
    And your probably right but I just feel like beretta put it there for a reason and I believe they have more experience building shotguns than aridus. But again it might not ever cause an issue. I just dont see why someone would buy the aridus over the GG&G if they are looking to buy one. Its cheaper, built just like the oem with the buffer and they are readily available

Quote Originally Posted by Coolcraigster26 View Post
    And your probably right but I just feel like beretta put it there for a reason and I believe they have more experience building shotguns than aridus. But again it might not ever cause an issue. I just dont see why someone would buy the aridus over the GG&G if they are looking to buy one. Its cheaper, built just like the oem with the buffer and they are readily available

Fair enough. I have an Aridus because they were the only stock adapter when I wanted one. I'd probably pick them still today to support the small business that jump started the 1301 aftermarket, and their product looks better to me. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Fair enough. I have an Aridus because they were the only stock adapter when I wanted one. I'd probably pick them still today to support the small business that jump started the 1301 aftermarket, and their product looks better to me. To each their own.
    I have the Aridus, and bought the GGG in a panic buy after reading about the lack of a bolt buffer. However, I didn't see significant wear in my Gen2 1301 with the Aridus adaptor. And, the distance from grip to trigger was significantly greater with the GGG, which doesn't work well for me. If it had the same ergos, I might go with GGG because of the buffer, but I'm sticking with Aridus.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

So I’ve got a second 1301T on the way. My current one is an LE Gen 2 (no chokes), the new one will have the Optima Choke system.

Can someone verify which choke tube the Gen 2s come with? Will I need to buy a Cyl bore choke? I have a deep stash of LE133, LE127, TBDP, Brenneke, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have the Aridus, and bought the GGG in a panic buy after reading about the lack of a bolt buffer. However, I didn't see significant wear in my Gen2 1301 with the Aridus adaptor. And, the distance from grip to trigger was significantly greater with the GGG, which doesn't work well for me. If it had the same ergos, I might go with GGG because of the buffer, but I'm sticking with Aridus.
    I'd also like to think that if there was truly a really long-term problem with the Aridus adapter, Ernest probably would've been one of the first to notice it through customer complaints/reviews.

That being said, I bought and own both the Aridus and GG&G adapter because I like having every base covered so long as said bases are somewhat affordable to cover simultaneously. >.>

With the growing popularity of the 1301T it's only a matter of time before someone improves on both the Aridus *and* the GG&G and then we'll all be reaching for our wallets again. My money's on a full stock replacement like the Mesa Tactical only with more recoil dampening built into it...like the current even more expensive Mesa Tactical options which have hydraulic cushioning.

User Tag List