Page 474 of 678 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484524574 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Do youse guys quad or dual load for combat shotgun? Or is that strictly for USPSA?

Found a case that'll do what I want it to do: https://www.opticsplanet.com/bulldog...un-bdh495.html

Here's hoping that 2-5 day shipping figure isn't bullshit, but hey, ~OP~.

This will probably be long, but hopefully useful. It may save you some money or justify spending it.

First of all, I modified my OEM stock by adding a QD socket to the left side of the stock so I could easily remove the sling and use it in the side sling position. I also drilled out the socket on the bottom where the Uncle Mikes style QD stud formerly existed and replaced it with another QD socket. Sometimes I like to carry it in a muzzle down African carry from the left shoulder. It worked well, but the Magpul stock and Aridus adapter was intriguing in that it couldn't be simply hype, there had to be some advantage. So like many, I was on a long waiting list before I acquired the stock and adapter. Almost immediately afterwards, the GG&G adapter hit the market and simultaneously the comment on bolt battering (still don't know if that is a real problem). So I quickly grabbed the GG&G unit. I have now mounted and handled all of them. FOR ME, the OEM stock with my modifications is better by a small margin, and I do mean small. So let me go through the details.

First of all, I'm 5'7", so a short LOP is important to me. The OEM Beretta is great. The Magpul with no extra spacers is just fine, with either adapter. For those of you with longer arms and excess height (lol), the Magpul stock is likely to be superior because you can adjust it. The Magpul grip is more vertical and you may prefer it. For me, it was a wash. I spent some time and money adding the QD cups to the OEM stock and the Magpul already has a loop for the sling and you can easily add a QD cup (which I did). So that is a big advantage if you aren't confident in your ability to, or have no desire to modify the OEM stock.

With the side sling over the right collar bone and around the back, it doesn't fit flat or tight to the body the way a rifle usually does. I noticed it more with the Magpul and at first I thought it might be because I was using the loop. So I got the QD cup and really didn't notice any difference. The sling positions in the stock are below the center of gravity and consequently the gun wants to rotate away from the body. My modified stock still does that, but not quite as much. Honestly, it probably isn't enough to make a difference. The sidesaddle also contributes to that both in weight and bulk. My conclusion is that it is subjective and consequently, the individual's mileage may differ. You won't know until you've tried it.

I recently (finally!) got the Aridus CROM (Aimpoint version) and it lives up to the hype. I had tried mounting a Holosun on the factory pic-rail and rear sight and it just sat too high. No co-witness and I didn't like the cheek weld or lack thereof. The CROM on the other hand does allow a co-witness. My experience with the Magpul stock was that is just a little low. I got the Magpul small comb kit (1/4" and 1/2" risers). The 1/4" higher comb works well. Shouldering the gun put the dot (actually, a circle-dot like the Eotech) right in front of the eye. Scrunch down a little and I was looking through the ghost ring. The OEM stock is very slightly lower, so a smidge higher head position is in line with the dot, a smidge tighter on the stock works for the ghost ring. Keeping in mind that not everyone has the same cheekbones as I, YMMV.

I didn't feel any difference in feel between the Aridus and GG&G adapters. Installation is slightly different. To remove the OEM stock, you unscrew the buttpad with a thin Phillips head screwdriver. The nut that retains stock unscrews with a 13mm socket and extension. Remove the stock and use a wrench to unscrew the buffer from the receiver. The long stock retaining bolt is actually a rod threaded on both ends, so it can unscrew from the buffer.

The Aridus adapter has a bolt that screws into the same hole. Unlike the GG&G, it does not have a buffer and is a little harder to start without cross threading. For both, put the adapter on the receiver, position the stock on the adapter and attach it to same socket headed bolt/buffer you installed in the receiver. It installs through the top of the wrist with a hex wrench. Bottom line is that the Aridus adapter is thinner than the GG&G and doesn't have a buffer. I didn't notice any difference in how they felt when mounted. I think you'd need two shotguns handy, one with the GG&G unit, one with the Aridus so you could quickly swap them back and forth before you could tell a difference, if then. Considering the length of time it takes to disassemble and then re-assemble, my memory of the feel disappeared.

I forgot to add a full picture of the 26” vent rib goodness and +6 Nordic tube with beretta extended choke. I really want this to work well

US made 1301 Tacticals

Someone on that font of truth and accuracy, Facebook, claims that Beretta makes the 1301 Tactical in the US to avoid import restrictions and sell it with a magazine extension from the get go. Is this correct?
    I would assume they are referring to the factory in Gallatin, TN. Does anyone know for sure?
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    This will probably be long, but hopefully useful. It may save you some money or justify spending it.

First of all, I modified my OEM stock by adding a QD socket to the left side of the stock so I could easily remove the sling and use it in the side sling position. I also drilled out the socket on the bottom where the Uncle Mikes style QD stud formerly existed and replaced it with another QD socket. Sometimes I like to carry it in a muzzle down African carry from the left shoulder. It worked well, but the Magpul stock and Aridus adapter was intriguing in that it couldn't be simply hype, there had to be some advantage. So like many, I was on a long waiting list before I acquired the stock and adapter. Almost immediately afterwards, the GG&G adapter hit the market and simultaneously the comment on bolt battering (still don't know if that is a real problem). So I quickly grabbed the GG&G unit. I have now mounted and handled all of them. FOR ME, the OEM stock with my modifications is better by a small margin, and I do mean small. So let me go through the details.

First of all, I'm 5'7", so a short LOP is important to me. The OEM Beretta is great. The Magpul with no extra spacers is just fine, with either adapter. For those of you with longer arms and excess height (lol), the Magpul stock is likely to be superior because you can adjust it. The Magpul grip is more vertical and you may prefer it. For me, it was a wash. I spent some time and money adding the QD cups to the OEM stock and the Magpul already has a loop for the sling and you can easily add a QD cup (which I did). So that is a big advantage if you aren't confident in your ability to, or have no desire to modify the OEM stock.

With the side sling over the right collar bone and around the back, it doesn't fit flat or tight to the body the way a rifle usually does. I noticed it more with the Magpul and at first I thought it might be because I was using the loop. So I got the QD cup and really didn't notice any difference. The sling positions in the stock are below the center of gravity and consequently the gun wants to rotate away from the body. My modified stock still does that, but not quite as much. Honestly, it probably isn't enough to make a difference. The sidesaddle also contributes to that both in weight and bulk. My conclusion is that it is subjective and consequently, the individual's mileage may differ. You won't know until you've tried it.

I recently (finally!) got the Aridus CROM (Aimpoint version) and it lives up to the hype. I had tried mounting a Holosun on the factory pic-rail and rear sight and it just sat too high. No co-witness and I didn't like the cheek weld or lack thereof. The CROM on the other hand does allow a co-witness. My experience with the Magpul stock was that is just a little low. I got the Magpul small comb kit (1/4" and 1/2" risers). The 1/4" higher comb works well. Shouldering the gun put the dot (actually, a circle-dot like the Eotech) right in front of the eye. Scrunch down a little and I was looking through the ghost ring. The OEM stock is very slightly lower, so a smidge higher head position is in line with the dot, a smidge tighter on the stock works for the ghost ring. Keeping in mind that not everyone has the same cheekbones as I, YMMV.

I didn't feel any difference in feel between the Aridus and GG&G adapters. Installation is slightly different. To remove the OEM stock, you unscrew the buttpad with a thin Phillips head screwdriver. The nut that retains stock unscrews with a 13mm socket and extension. Remove the stock and use a wrench to unscrew the buffer from the receiver. The long stock retaining bolt is actually a rod threaded on both ends, so it can unscrew from the buffer.

The Aridus adapter has a bolt that screws into the same hole. Unlike the GG&G, it does not have a buffer and is a little harder to start without cross threading. For both, put the adapter on the receiver, position the stock on the adapter and attach it to same socket headed bolt/buffer you installed in the receiver. It installs through the top of the wrist with a hex wrench. Bottom line is that the Aridus adapter is thinner than the GG&G and doesn't have a buffer. I didn't notice any difference in how they felt when mounted. I think you'd need two shotguns handy, one with the GG&G unit, one with the Aridus so you could quickly swap them back and forth before you could tell a difference, if then. Considering the length of time it takes to disassemble and then re-assemble, my memory of the feel disappeared.

Thanks for the breakdown. I have decided to keep the factory plastics on my OD green 1301T and order a LTT in black so that I can have one with all of the Aridus/Magpul bits as well. I like the OEM stock grip angle but I spend the large part of the year behind a shotgun so I am accustom to those wrist positions/grip angles. Any pics of the QD sling attachment on the OEM stock, what parts you used and how you went about doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tex68w View Post
    Thanks for the breakdown. I have decided to keep the factory plastics on my OD green 1301T and order a LTT in black so that I can have one with all of the Aridus/Magpul bits as well. I like the OEM stock grip angle but I spend the large part of the year behind a shotgun so I am accustom to those wrist positions/grip angles. Any pics of the QD sling attachment on the OEM stock, what parts you used and how you went about doing it?
    I used Impact Weapons Components QD socket https://www.impactweaponscomponents....d-micro-mount/. Drilling the hole in the stock was the easy part. I liked the location from the outside, but it created difficulties on the inside. There isn't much of a space there so it was tough tightening the set screws since the hex wrench had a such a small arc of rotation. So I didn't follow the directions. I started the set screws and tightened them enough that a test fit left just enough clearance for the split ring on the outside. I installed the split ring and was then able to tighten the screws. Someone suggested the Noveske QD cup as easier to tighten. On the bottom, I unscrewed the QD stud and then drilled a hole in the same space large enough for a screw in QD cup I had. Turns out that it isn't solid in there so you only have the thickness of the stock to work with. I carefully used the cup to thread into the stock. Then I unscrewed it, put in some Gorilla Glue and screwed it back in. Might be better to fill the void with some Acraglass, but I didn't have any.

Finally, because the stock is hollow, the sling swivel knocking against it has a hollow kind of noise. So I stuffed some open cell packing foam in the void and it helps some.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Someone on that font of truth and accuracy, Facebook, claims that Beretta makes the 1301 Tactical in the US to avoid import restrictions and sell it with a magazine extension from the get go. Is this correct?
    I would assume they are referring to the factory in Gallatin, TN. Does anyone know for sure?
    TIA
    My 1301T's receiver has a mark on the receiver next to the S/N that says IT21. I'm assuming that means made in Italy in 2021, as I've seen older 1301Ts with 18, 19, and 20.

I'm also reasonably certain I have one of the last of the pre-Gen2+ "LE" models, since mine definitely has the Nordic +2 extension.
    Last edited by destruya; 10-24-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Banned
    Just joined this forum specifically for this thread and picking up a new 1301 Tactical in black this coming Friday after the lovely 10-day waiting period (California, boo!)

No plans to do much to the shotgun aside from add a sling (Blue Force Gear Vickers padded sling) and add a Holosun 507C X2 that's on it's way. Was going to give a Burris Fastfire 4 a try, but not available anywhere yet, and I've had great luck with Holosun so far with a 510C. The new reticles on the Fasfire 4 look awesome, but I'm sure I'll be fine with the Holosun reticle options.

It's a bummer that I cannot find the Aridus Industries Trijicon RMR CROM anywhere, and no idea if/when Aridus is going to have them back in stock, and having just as hard a time finding a Holosun 507C picatinny adapter to hold me over until I am able to get the Aridus CROM.

I plan on using the from QD mount that's stock on the 1301 and the swivel mount on the stock (mine is the 7+1 Gen II version), and wondering if anyone can tell me if that front QD mount is full or limited rotation (prefer limited rotation).

Then I'll be adding a GG&G picatinny flashlight mount and some velcro for shot shell cards (have a bunch from Browncoat Tactical and Esstac).

I'm only about 1/4 of the way through this thread but enjoying it so far and learning all about this awesome shotgun. This is my first semi-auto, and my other shotgun is a fantastic (albeit heavy) Mossberg 590A1 w/ a 20" barrel.

Banned
    Here's the light mount I'll be using: https://www.gggaz.com/beretta-1301-s...ght-mount.html

User Tag List