Page 576 of 680 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586626676 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Not trying to stir the pot, but isn’t Langdon starting to use GGG products now?

I don’t know all the details yet, but this reminds me of the Samson vs Troy issues back in the early 2000’s. If I remember correctly, Troy used Sampson to machine their quad rails. Samson began marketing their own line of quad rails which were VERY similar to the Troy design…

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    While I'm here, here's a charging handle that doesn't pull straight out of the bolt when it's not supposed to.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Just waiting for you to advise when we can order it, buying sev. for myself/friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post

I don’t know all the details yet, but this reminds me of the Samson vs Troy issues back in the early 2000’s. If I remember correctly, Troy used Sampson to machine their quad rails. Samson began marketing their own line of quad rails which were VERY similar to the Troy design…
    Who do you think put GG&G up to copying the rest of the Aridus line?

Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

While I'm here, here's a charging handle that doesn't pull straight out of the bolt when it's not supposed to.

Insert “Shut up and take my money!” meme here.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    If so, it doesn't change where I'm at on this.

It's true that in this business there's been a lot of people ripping off other people's work. It happens in the business world in general. But that doesn't make it right.

It says something about the originals that somebody thinks they can make a profit by selling copies.

I'd much rather reward the initiative and innovation to make the improvements in the first place.

I don't want to use any of GG&G's copies of Aridus' work any more than I would want to use a copy of LTT's RDS mods for the Beretta 92. They worked really hard to develop and design and manufacture that modification in house (several parts are bespoke for those guns) for a gun that a lot of the market wasn't paying attention to until they started showing what could be done with it. I bought mine full price (Unlike a lot of people "in" this general business, I don't go around asking friends for discounts) because I thought it was worthwhile. I wouldn't pay a dime for someone's copy of that, and I'm not going to pay a dime for someone's copy of Aridus' work and investment either.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 07-14-2022 at 09:11 PM.
    3/15/2016

Who do you think put GG&G up to copying the rest of the Aridus line?

I'll continue to buy from Aridus for anything you make that fills my needs. Not GGnG. I think I'll also refer to them as Aridus 1301s when every inprovment is based on your designs.

Please make an unstructured hat.

I'm going to buy from the company I can actually get the parts from. Aridus 1301 parts have been close to impossible to get at times. This is like RRS crying on the internet about Chinese knockoffs while they have a six month to a year BO. I bought some GGG parts because the Aridus parts simply weren't available. Hopefully that changes and Aridus has better availability, however, there's another option if not. I get the impression that's what happened with Langdon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I'll continue to buy from Aridus for anything you make that fills my needs. Not GGnG. I think I'll also refer to them as Aridus 1301s when every inprovment is based on your designs.

Please make an unstructured hat.
    Same, and I’ll point anybody I know to do the same.

The one experience I’ve had with GG&G left me pretty unimpressed. The message sent out in their confirmation email makes them seem like they are insane. When I didn’t really like the product they initially ignored my emails asking for a return and then once I finally got a response they were dismissive of my concerns. I ended up selling it and taking a loss instead of dealing with them any further.

Can’t say I’m too surprised they would rip off a design, but I’m pretty disappointed to hear Langdon had a part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    I'm going to buy from the company I can actually get the parts from. Aridus 1301 parts have been close to impossible to get at times. This is like RRS crying on the internet about Chinese knockoffs while they have a six month to a year BO. I bought some GGG parts because the Aridus parts simply weren't available. Hopefully that changes and Aridus has better availability, however, there's another option if not. I get the impression that's what happened with Langdon too.
    Yep, we've been expanding shop space and adding machines and employees to keep up with demand. We're rounding the corner!

Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    While I'm here...
    Now, how about some of those CROMs for the Marlin 1894?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List