Page 293 of 675 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I don't disagree with your assessment... I have not run cards through a class but suspect that the constant heavy abuse would severely tax them. For normal use (mostly stored and doing nothing) I believe they will be fine but eventually I may ignore the weight penalty and buy the Aridus QD. If my 1301 was being stored in a very hot environment (trunk of car for instance) I might totally skip over the velcro cards for fear of the heat killing the velcro adhesive and the elastic bands.
    Re. my use (class & 3G) vs. yours/others we're in agreement & def. if the SG's are stored in high heat conditions.

Re. the weight, I was very surprised by how lite Adam's mount & shell holder was, as I went to cards to cut a few ozs. after spending years w/ the both TacStar & Mesa SS's.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 10-01-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    But doesn't the Aridus rig stick to the receiver with adhesive?
    It does, but apparently it's one of those NASA level adhesives that requires the jaws of life to remove it.

Options For Co-Witnessed Red Dot?

Hi. First post.

Waiting on my 1301 Tactical to arrive at the LGS. Found this thread.
    Already bought the Nordic 2+ extension and a LimbSaver.

I'd like to try a red dot on it and would ideally like to co-witness.
    From my admittedly incomplete reading, it seems I'd need a CROM and a red dot that fits in the Aimpoint footprint.
    What are these other choices? I think I remember Sig Romeo5 (which I like on my .22 target pistol), but nothing else.

What are my options, and does one really have to go the CROM route? Maybe a low profile picatinny rail exists out there somewhere?

Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvetfoot View Post
    Hi. First post.

Waiting on my 1301 Tactical to arrive at the LGS. Found this thread.
    Already bought the Nordic 2+ extension and a LimbSaver.

I'd like to try a red dot on it and would ideally like to co-witness.
    From my admittedly incomplete reading, it seems I'd need a CROM and a red dot that fits in the Aimpoint footprint.
    What are these other choices? I think I remember Sig Romeo5 (which I like on my .22 target pistol), but nothing else.

What are my options, and does one really have to go the CROM route? Maybe a low profile picatinny rail exists out there somewhere?

Thanks very much.
    I think I saw an article online claiming you can get a lower 1/3 co-witness with an Aimpoint micro on the factory rail. I have not tried it. As far as optic selection, this is not the time to economize. 12 gauge recoil is going to batter whatever optic you mount. I took a shotgun class last last weekend, and the guy I was standing next to had a Sig optic on his 590A1. It lost zero with the first 50 rounds.

Personally, I'd buy an Aimpoint, an RMR, or just stick with the irons.
    Last edited by Gray Ghost; 10-02-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Too late to edit my prior post. Here is a photo of the odd extended choke tube that came with my 1301.

Name:  1301 extended choke.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  56.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Not to intrude/muddy the water but I tried HARD to use the Raven cards on my 1301T during a HIT's SG class a few years back.

By mid day the loops I'd slap on my receiver would shake/vibrate loose, not the receiver velcro as it was industrial grade from Raven. After coon fingering Jack Dogs Aridus SS I on breaks I bought that set up, have it now on both of my 1301s & wonder why I waited so long.
    Fwiw, not all of the Velcro cards are made equally.

Esstac are the best and I've even noticed a difference in my black and Coyote ones. The coyote ones were bought more recent and have a strip of a rougher material sewn along the cards to increase friction. I'm not sure if that was a generation thing.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I don't disagree with your assessment... I have not run cards through a class but suspect that the constant heavy abuse would severely tax them. For normal use (mostly stored and doing nothing) I believe they will be fine but eventually I may ignore the weight penalty and buy the Aridus QD. If my 1301 was being stored in a very hot environment (trunk of car for instance) I might totally skip over the velcro cards for fear of the heat killing the velcro adhesive and the elastic bands.
    I beat my guns pretty hard.

The key to the velcro is to get the industrial strength stuff and properly de-grease the receiver. Then carefully apply it to the receiver. Use a rolling pin or a can of soup or something to make sure you get full contact on the adhesive. I've had it on my guns for years without issue, and it is almost always holding a shell card full of shells on the guns I have velcro'd. At worst, I think you might have to replace it every few years...but that's not bad for something as cheap and effective as it is.

As to the shell cards themselves, I can tell you that the Vang Comp shell cards maintain their ability to hold shells even though some crazy dude with big fingers spends a lot of time stretching on them as part of his reload technique. I've had the same Vang shell card on my primary 1301 and my 870 teaching gun for a couple of years through my own classes and classes with others in those times. Thousands of shells, hundreds of hours of dryfire...and they still hold the shells rim-down securely enough for me to mag dump whatever shotgun they are attached to without the shells budging.
    3/15/2016

3 gunners are hard on equipment, but the failure is interesting:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...ndle-breaking/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    3 gunners are hard on equipment, but the failure is interesting:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/2...ndle-breaking/
    Way back in this thread someone here broke one as well.
    Also I haven't seen a lot of positive comments on the Briley version.
    I'd love to see Aridus (or Beretta) make a replacement version that wasn't a plastic knob.
    Last edited by GearFondler; 10-03-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Where is the best place to buy one of these?

User Tag List