Page 409 of 678 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Had the ATF ever put out a list of what they consider the parts list of a1301 for 922(r) compliance purposes?
    There has been a clarification letter posted somewhere in the past. Also discussed in the prior post with charts, etc.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

A set of the Nordic barrel clamp pads came in today. I use the clamp for a light mount and sling point and would rather not scratch things up unnecessarily. They only needed to be trimmed slightly.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    There has been a clarification letter posted somewhere in the past. Also discussed in the prior post with charts, etc.
    I’ll see if I can find it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Here is my pimped out 1301 in case anyone wanted to see!

After waiting for several months (fuck you Covid), all my parts finally came in! I have around 750 rounds through this thing so far, and wow has it been a dream to shoot. No malfunctions and very easy on the shoulder, even without the hydraulic buffer tube. With said tube, the felt recoil is significantly reduced, allowing for much faster follow up shots. Don't let the shorter barrel fool you, this thing is great for hunting and skeet. Have already claimed some squirrel with it and have been busting the hell out of clays. Can't wait to take it deer hunting this year. 10/10 would recommend this shotgun.

Parts List:

-Beretta 1301 gen 2 Tactical Marine

-Holosun HS503GU

-Mesa Tactical buffer tube adapter

-Kynshot hydraulic buffer tube

-B5 SOPMOD Bravo stock

-Hogue OverMolded grip

-Briley 14" 1301 handgaurd

-Arisaka Side Scout light mount

-CD Rein full size weapon light w/ pad

-BCM KAG

-Guntec rubber M-Lok rail inserts

-Nordic +2 extension, clamp and follower

-Blue Force Gear padded sling

-Magpul QD mount/swivels

-Beretta Optimachoke HP (IC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sro9uUOL0vM

New video from TFB on setting up a shotgun (1301)

Ghost loading

Picked up a FDE 1301 recently. I like the idea of storing it with the tube full, one shell on the carrier, safety off. Watched a couple videos of ghost loading. But I can’t seem to get it done on mine. I push the shell down, and whether I press the release button under the carrier or not, I can’t get the bolt to go forward while I’m holding the shell down as far as it will go. It’s getting caught. I’ve tried with the hammer in both positions. Is it not possible to ghost load a gen 2? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    My wife is quite comfortable with her A300 as we shoot sporting clays from time to time, but since you never really use the bolt handle in SC it's not a familiar approach for her. I'm also not entirely sure she could *quickly* lift a fully loaded 1301 (plus side-saddle?) with weak hand on forend and run the bolt while transitioning. My guess is she would have to pause with the stock on hip or similar, run it, and then shoulder the gun. which makes the pump conceivably a little faster and less confusing for her (obviously right up until the point at which she short-strokes...). Keeping two hands on the gun at all times when dealing with a heavy shotgun seems easier for her.
    You might be right about the pump shotgun in your wife's situation.

If I were setting up a Beretta 1301 for someone like your wife I would not have a sidesaddle to keep the gun lighter and less bulky, and I would probably pass on the extended magazine or a light. I don't really think the 2-round extended round mag adds much weight, but if it is a matter of selling it to your wife . . . You might look into the Magpul stock with the Aridus adaptor to make the gun a bit shorter with a better recoil pad than the one that comes on the gun. The shorter gun would bring the center of weight closer making it easier to hold.

Still, I am careful with the Magpul stock making it too short because it it is too short and I am shooting the gun in a less than perfect hold or body position--as I might do if I were defending myself--and the shotgun could whack me in the face during recoil and knock my glasses off. I run the 1301 with the magpul stock with only one spacer in it. I bought the gun with the 7 round extended magazine because I prefer it with more rounds on board. I don't have a sidesaddle on the gun because it is not my main home defense gun and because the gun is kept in a narrow place that is not wide enough to accommodate a gun with a sidesaddle.
    Last edited by Ed L; 06-23-2021 at 03:12 AM.

On another subject, is there any optic that would work on the factory 1301 mount? The Aridus CROM mounts seem to be hopelssly backordered.

For the hell of it I took an Aimpoint H-1 with a Larue low mount from another gun and put it on my 1301. Bringing it up to look through my first impulse was wow, this is the ultimate shotgun setup. 2 seconds later I realized that in order to see the dot I had no cheekweld. The factory mount and Larue low mount combo was too high.

Besides, as TCVA pointed out, "the higher the mount, the more leverage it has on the screws holding the rail. Which is why we’ve seen so many leave the gun under recoil after a day of shooting. The CROM seems to avoid this problem as I’ve yet to see one come loose on a 1301."

Just for the hell of it, here is a picture of the 1301 with an Aimpoint H-1 that I took from another gun and mounted on the 1301 with a Larue low mount. You can tell that it is way too highto get a cheekweld and be able to see the dot. As soon as I realized it was a no-go, I put the Aimpoint back on the other gun that it was mounted on.

Name:  Beretta 1301 with Aimpoint.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  47.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    On another subject, is there any optic that would work on the factory 1301 mount? The Aridus CROM mounts seem to be hopelssly backordered.

For the hell of it I took an Aimpoint H-1 with a Larue low mount from another gun and put it on my 1301. Bringing it up to look through my first impulse was wow, this is the ultimate shotgun setup. 2 seconds later I realized that in order to see the dot I had no cheekweld. The factory mount and Larue low mount combo was too high.

Besides, as TCVA pointed out, "the higher the mount, the more leverage it has on the screws holding the rail. Which is why we’ve seen so many leave the gun under recoil after a day of shooting. The CROM seems to avoid this problem as I’ve yet to see one come loose on a 1301."

Just for the hell of it, here is a picture of the 1301 with an Aimpoint H-1 that I took from another gun and mounted on the 1301 with a Larue low mount. You can tell that it is way too highto get a cheekweld and be able to see the dot. As soon as I realized it was a no-go, I put the Aimpoint back on the other gun that it was mounted on.

Name:  Beretta 1301 with Aimpoint.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  47.5 KB
    You could add the Cheek Riser kit to the SGA until you can find a CROM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    You might be right about the pump shotgun in your wife's situation.

If I were setting up a Beretta 1301 for someone like your wife I would not have a sidesaddle to keep the gun lighter and less bulky, and I would probably pass on the extended magazine or a light. I don't really think the 2-round extended round mag adds much weight, but if it is a matter of selling it to your wife . . . You might look into the Magpul stock with the Aridus adaptor to make the gun a bit shorter with a better recoil pad than the one that comes on the gun. The shorter gun would bring the center of weight closer making it easier to hold.

Still, I am careful with the Magpul stock making it too short because it it is too short and I am shooting the gun in a less than perfect hold or body position--as I might do if I were defending myself--and the shotgun could whack me in the face during recoil and knock my glasses off. I run the 1301 with the magpul stock with only one spacer in it. I bought the gun with the 7 round extended magazine because I prefer it with more rounds on board. I don't have a sidesaddle on the gun because it is not my main home defense gun and because the gun is kept in a narrow place that is not wide enough to accommodate a gun with a sidesaddle.
    All good ideas.

After the “can’t take my Glock 48 to NY” discussion last night I think she might be open to the 1301 (probably have to sell my AK I’ve had for ever a year and never shot) and the mods, or lack thereof, you suggest are good ones.

On my 870s I’ve stuck to the one-round extension, and use the sidesaddle with the Velcro, so that might work here too for differing situations.

I’m already on the notification list for the Aridus, even though I don’t own the gun, because that’s the main lesson I’ve learned from this thread so far.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List