Page 577 of 680 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Yep, we've been expanding shop space and adding machines and employees to keep up with demand. We're rounding the corner!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Did Langdon simply decide to screw you for a few bucks or did he run out of patience with endless back orders preventing the sale of his guns? Is it fair to assume your government contracts took priority over Langdon's orders? I applaud your investment in production capacity but it seems like slagging Langdon while ignoring you role is a bit one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    I'm going to buy from the company I can actually get the parts from. Aridus 1301 parts have been close to impossible to get at times. This is like RRS crying on the internet about Chinese knockoffs while they have a six month to a year BO. I bought some GGG parts because the Aridus parts simply weren't available. Hopefully that changes and Aridus has better availability, however, there's another option if not. I get the impression that's what happened with Langdon too.
    This is where I'm at. I have had great experiences with GG&G products as a GWOT veteran. When I saw they were making parts for the 1301 I was very excited. Every part I've purchased from GG&G for the 1301 (stock adapter, mag extension, rear sling mount, Pic rail adapter, follower) has been exceptional.

That being said, it's disappointing to see GG&G copy Aridus' designs without AT ALL improving/changing them to their own design like I believe they did with their stock adapters. Although I don't like it, the ability for me to purchase an Aridus forend kit has been essentially non-existent for the past 2 years. I only got a CROM b/c someone on this thread was nice enough to let us know it was in stock; the Aridus email alert doesn't seem to work well. So GG&G filling that void makes me happy. I'm personally looking to get the Briley rail.

Multiple people on this thread anxiously wait for Aridus to give updates on new products or provide feedback which never comes. Until now, when he wants to come to (righteously) complain about GG&G.

At the end of the day, it's a win for the consumer. I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by trajiiic; 07-15-2022 at 11:32 AM.
    "Follow me!"

Clear the Air

We were simply forced to make a business decision for both our customers and our employees. Three years of broken promises and missed delivery dates where taking a toll on many factors of the business. We offered/begged many times to invest, prepay for orders and anything else that could be done in order to increase production and where turned down. We took on the burden of marketing and customer service to help grow the business, and asked nothing in return except for accurate and on time delivery of product. The last delivery date was going to be missed by over 6 weeks, maybe more if history tells me anything, so something had to be done. An 18 to 20 week lead time on orders when we were sitting on 550 shotguns was just unacceptable. If any of you want to do the math go ahead.

GG&G hit their first delivery date two weeks ahead of schedule with a very high quality product that exceeded our expectations.

There have been changes and improvements made to the product, but there is only so many ways to skin that cat. The dimentions are what they are for the optics and for the Mag-Pul hand guard and design is constrained by other manufactures, including the rear ghost ring made by a third party for all of us. The the stock adapter is a significant improvement and long overdue. An improvement that had been asked for since the beginning of the relationship.

They key here is we now have product availability and have shipped to hundreds of customers that we would not have because of this change.

We made an improvement on the product and on availability to the customers.

All the best to everyone.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    We were simply forced to make a business decision for both our customers and our employees. Three years of broken promises and missed delivery dates where taking a toll on many factors of the business. We offered/begged many times to invest, prepay for orders and anything else that could be done in order to increase production and where turned down. We took on the burden of marketing and customer service to help grow the business, and asked nothing in return except for accurate and on time delivery of product. The last delivery date was going to be missed by over 6 weeks, maybe more if history tells me anything, so something had to be done. An 18 to 20 week lead time on orders when we were sitting on 550 shotguns was just unacceptable. If any of you want to do the math go ahead.

GG&G hit their first delivery date two weeks ahead of schedule with a very high quality product that exceeded our expectations.

There have been changes and improvements made to the product, but there is only so many ways to skin that cat. The dimentions are what they are for the optics and for the Mag-Pul hand guard and design is constrained by other manufactures, including the rear ghost ring made by a third party for all of us. The the stock adapter is a significant improvement and long overdue. An improvement that had been asked for since the beginning of the relationship.

They key here is we now have product availability and have shipped to hundreds of customers that we would not have because of this change.

We made an improvement on the product and on availability to the customers.

All the best to everyone.
    Please make a MRDS co witnessed mount that retains the LPA rear sight.

There are a lot of lessons learned here and that translates to a lot of positives for all.

In no particular order;

A greater demand than you can meet is a problem. Reputation's can be damaged over a quality product that people want but cannot get.

Its great to be the first one to invent something but unrealistic to think you will be the only one that can make it once its released.

Competition keeps the competitors on their toes. The key is focus on what you do best and not on the competition.

Do not fear another outfit doing the same thing. Look around, its the norm.

Patent your designs so they can't be copied.

When you have the ability to make quality products you will always have more than enough work.

Don't be resentful. Acceptance and gratitude will keep you driving ahead.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

It's unfortunate the relationship took a hit but I'm glad to see GG&G jumping in. I've used their stuff for at least a decade before I ever heard of Aridus, and everything I've got from 'em was top notch and made in the USA. I think the GG&G adapter for the SGA stock is slightly better than the Aridus version, and it was in stock. Just by dumb luck I found a CROM through a reseller and it's top notch, no complaints at all, but it took six months even to luck into this one. If I was setting up a second Beretta I'd just buy one from GG&G. Without bagging on Aridus, I can absolutely understand why Mr. Langdon was frustrated at having five hundred shotguns sitting there unsold because parts weren't there to finish them. If you have all the time in the world then Aridus stuff (that I've used) is top notch. But if you need to finish a gun for competition or to protect your family and don't have luxury of waiting a couple years then you have to do what you have to do. When I was a kid there was a saying, "poop or get off the pot." If you can't fill the demand for a product even within a one-year time frame it's kind of selfish to think everyone should just stand around with their hands in their pockets waiting for you to get your poop in a group.
    I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. - Richard Feynman
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist.- Archbishop Helder Câmara

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    While I'm here, here's a charging handle that doesn't pull straight out of the bolt when it's not supposed to.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I’ll also order one as soon as you advise that they are available.
    I’m a big fan of your products, and will default to your company whenever there’s an option.

Got the Aridus/Magpul stock installed tonight. Nordic +2 will be here next week. Ran a box of shells through it this afternoon. Worked flawlessly, of course. Fast cycling SOB. I’ll get out next week and check the zero and see what’s up w slugs and FC 00. Then next month I’ll be using it in Tom Givens’ shotgun class.

Name:  A1B9723D-5C10-4D59-990B-DF381B826AB3.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  101.5 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    I looked at the extended XS apertures. Can you tell me which one you bought?

I was thinking about just going back to the stock rear sight when the Scalerworks red dot mount comes out. I hate the CROM rear sight.
    If you want to retain the OEM sights and have a useable co-witness optic get a Primary Arms MD25
    Name:  thumbnail_Image-3.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  93.3 KBName:  thumbnail_Image-4.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  31.5 KBName:  thumbnail_Image-5.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  30.7 KB

Here are some benefits;

Primary Arms SLx Rotary Knob 25mm Microdot with ACSS-CQB Red Dot Reticle

"2021 Industry Choice Awards Red Dot Optic of the Year”

After rigorous field testing, this optic has been given a Silver-tier rating by the National Tactical Officers Association.

SLx optics built our reputation for innovation, reliability and value. All SLx optics undergo rigorous field-testing during development to best serve you in any environment.

The SLx MD-25 is a compact design that weighs barely 2 ounces more than a standard microdot, yet offers the same field of view as a 30mm red dot! Add in super bright, daytime illumination with up to 12,000-hour battery life, it's pushing the envelope for a fast, lightweight optic.

The reticle for this sight is a central chevron, centered in a 65 MOA circle that approximates the spread pattern of 00 buckshot at 25 yards.

Features:
    Wide field of view
    Compact, lightweight, and durable
    ACSS-CQB Circle/Chevron reticle
    Up to 12,000 hour battery life at medium setting
    Uses one CR2032 battery (included)
    Next generation ruggedized mounting system
    Compatible with standard micro mounts
    Fully multi-coated anti-reflective lenses
    12 Illumination settings for bright days and night vision compatible
    Just 3" long and 6.5 Oz.
    Fog resistant

Additional explanation here
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Then next month I’ll be using it in Tom Givens’ shotgun class.
    Will C-Ya there! [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List