Page 574 of 679 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584624674 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Is there something special about the 1301 O ring or could it be found at the local hardware store?
    Given that it is sitting directly inside the gas cylinder where it is subjected to extreme heat and pressure, I'd wager it's a more specialized item than your typical rubber O-ring found at the hardware store.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Given that it is sitting directly inside the gas cylinder where it is subjected to extreme heat and pressure, I'd wager it's a more specialized item than your typical rubber O-ring found at the hardware store.
    Given the reports from posts above of how easily they're damaged, maybe it's not.

I can't imagine it's anything more sophisticated than a Viton rubber o-ring, though.

What is Viton® Rubber?
    Viton® rubber is a high-performance fluoroelastomer polymer (FKM) that was originally introduced to the aerospace industry in 1957. Utilization of Viton® quickly eventually spread to other industries including automotive, chemical, fluid power and appliance.

Viton® is a highly fluorinated polymer, so it offers exceptional performance in extremely hot and corrosive environments. It also offers superior resistance to aging, oxidizers, ozone, oils and various chemicals. However, Viton® has limited use in low temperature environments.

There are also multiple grades available for Viton® rubber, including copolymers and terpolymers. Common grades of Viton® include hexafluoropropylene, tetrafluoroethylene and vinylidene fluoride. Additonally, Viton® was also the first elastomer of its kind to earn ISO 9000 registration worldwide.

Viton® is a registered trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers.

Advantages of Viton Rubber:
    FDA Compliant
    Compliant with Strict Environmental Regulations
    Wide Temperature Range
    Exceptional Temperature Stability at Extreme Highs

Chemical Compability: Fuel oils, hydraulic oil, vegetable oils, high octane gasoline, alcohols, diluted acids and more.
    Last edited by kwb377; 07-13-2022 at 09:48 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Given the reports from posts above of how easily they're damaged, maybe it's not.

I can't imagine it's anything more sophisticated than a Viton rubber o-ring.
    Just like what is used on motorcycles and other Motorsport applications where resistance to high heat and chemicals is important.

However, proper viton o rings can be hard if not impossible to source at local big box hardware and even some automotive stores.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Just like what is used on motorcycles and other Motorsport applications where resistance to high heat and chemicals is important.

However, proper viton o rings can be hard if not impossible to source at local big box hardware and even some automotive stores.
    If we knew the specs, we could probably find them on McMaster-Carr for @$6 or so for a bag of 100. If I can get time later today, I'll tear mine down and pull out the micrometer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Is there something special about the 1301 O ring or could it be found at the local hardware store?
    I would be certain it is a mm size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    If I can get time later today, I'll tear mine down and pull out the micrometer.
    Pulled mine apart and my o-ring is still nicely snuggled into its recess...no way to remove it to measure without destroying it.

Joined the 1301 club today. Found this at a buddies shop. Came with the CROM and the 507c. I’ve got a Aridus stock adapter and stock that’ll go on it. Just needs the +2 tube.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Are these problematic guns ones built since they started selling them with US-sourced parts for 922(r) compliance? As someone else noted, I wonder if they sourced a lower-cost o-ring along with other changes.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Huh, thought this got attached.

Name:  89BEEBD8-2D2C-4150-901E-ECE995EC4DD3.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  81.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Are these problematic guns ones built since they started selling them with US-sourced parts for 922(r) compliance? As someone else noted, I wonder if they sourced a lower-cost o-ring along with other changes.
    Mine with the o-ring failure was a gen 2 from a few years back.
    "Follow me!"

User Tag List