Page 469 of 678 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    I have a 1st Gen 1301Tactical and haven’t kept up to date with all the add-ons. Do I need this, and why?
    Please use small words to ‘splain me.
    When the bolt is closed, this loader allows you to load the tube without having to worry about the stock loader pinching your fingers. It holds itself open to allow for dual and quad-loading like you'd find on a competition shotgun. If you don't think you need or want that functionality, you probably don't want this.

This is a video that *could* be used as a de-facto installation guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr5-9TeLRsY

And this showcases someone with the Pro Lifter installed ghost loading their 1301T: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FWaJbxGI1g
    Last edited by destruya; 10-15-2021 at 06:12 PM.

I ordered the GG&G adapter to give it a try and installed it today. It is slightly thicker than the Aridus and you can see it, but when it's installed, you can't feel it. Or at least I can't. In a small way, it is slightly easier to install than the Aridus because of the buffer, which I believe is also the reason the adapter is slightly thicker. I'll explain. With the Aridus, the bolt that replaces the buffer has a blunt end rather than the "pointed" end of the buffer. Consequently, it can be tricky to make sure you've got it aligned properly and not cross threaded when you install the Aridus socket. Both adapters have a threaded end into which you install the buttstock bolt. You don't have a lot of room for the allen wrench to tighten the bolt and I'm guessing that the GG&G buffer is slightly longer than the Aridus bolt/socket and so the adapter body needs to be a little thicker. Just a guess.

I did not have a chance yet to put any rounds through the gun with the Aridus adapter and consequently, I may have over-reacted to the battering issue. I'll get some rounds through it with the GG&G installed and if I'm happy, I'll sell the Aridus unit.

I've gone from lean to overfull in a way. After months and months of trying to get the Aridus parts, I had some back orders suddenly come into stock at the same time. So I've got a second CROM mount that I'll sell for my cost ($140) and if I'm happy with the GG&G, a buttstock adapter (but not the stock).

Thank you TCinVA I was hoping you’d post about this.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
    I ordered the GG&G adapter to give it a try and installed it today. It is slightly thicker than the Aridus and you can see it, but when it's installed, you can't feel it. Or at least I can't. In a small way, it is slightly easier to install than the Aridus because of the buffer, which I believe is also the reason the adapter is slightly thicker. I'll explain. With the Aridus, the bolt that replaces the buffer has a blunt end rather than the "pointed" end of the buffer. Consequently, it can be tricky to make sure you've got it aligned properly and not cross threaded when you install the Aridus socket. Both adapters have a threaded end into which you install the buttstock bolt. You don't have a lot of room for the allen wrench to tighten the bolt and I'm guessing that the GG&G buffer is slightly longer than the Aridus bolt/socket and so the adapter body needs to be a little thicker. Just a guess.

I did not have a chance yet to put any rounds through the gun with the Aridus adapter and consequently, I may have over-reacted to the battering issue. I'll get some rounds through it with the GG&G installed and if I'm happy, I'll sell the Aridus unit.

I've gone from lean to overfull in a way. After months and months of trying to get the Aridus parts, I had some back orders suddenly come into stock at the same time. So I've got a second CROM mount that I'll sell for my cost ($140) and if I'm happy with the GG&G, a buttstock adapter (but not the stock).

Sent you a PM about the Aridus Crom.

Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    One suggestion. Fire a few rounds with it. If there is an issue you need to know how that setup works. I just used my M4 yesterday and realized that my finger could easily get crushed against my IWC light mount. I also worked it loose under fire. YES I agree to remove the light but only after you get familiar with your setup and how it’s going to work
    Did you use loctite on the IWC? What torque?

How do you determine the correct length of the generic spring that comes with the Nordic Extension?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Nordic manuals are here:

https://nordiccomp.com/faq/instruction-manuals/

My kit included a paper copy.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Nordic manuals are here:

https://nordiccomp.com/faq/instruction-manuals/

My kit included a paper copy.
    Thanks!
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I cut mine to 16" above the mag tube, so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    How do you determine the correct length of the generic spring that comes with the Nordic Extension?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex68w View Post
    I cut mine to 16" above the mag tube, so far so good.
    I have heard ~12' extra for pump guns, 12"-14" for semi-autos.

User Tag List