Page 1 of 675 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Looks like Beretta is reintroducing the TX-4 Storm, under the name "1301 Tactical:"

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...tical-shotgun/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Now that is interesting. I may need to re-visit the idea of one of those. Looks like a great shotgun. It sort of reminds me of my old SKB from the 80's that was a great tactical shotgun that nobody ever heard of.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

The predecessor, the Beretta TX-4 Storm (which looks almost identical) started to take off just as Beretta decided to discontinue it. I saw used ones fetch $2,000 +/- on Gunbroker.

The TX-4 is simply the best semi-auto practical shotgun I have shot. Soft recoil, reliable, fast cycle rate, accurate, with far and away the best stock I have felt on a practical shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The predecessor, the Beretta TX-4 Storm (which looks almost identical) started to take off just as Beretta decided to discontinue it. I saw used ones fetch $2,000 +/- on Gunbroker.

The TX-4 is simply the best semi-auto practical shotgun I have shot. Soft recoil, reliable, fast cycle rate, accurate, with far and away the best stock I have felt on a practical shotgun.
    GJM - have you been able to compare the new with the old TX-4 Storm to confirm its similarities?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

From perusing either Beretta forum or Enos, my understanding is that it is a rebadged TX-4 sold for a lot less money than the TX-4. The 1301 is the 3 gun model, and the Tactical is the personal defense model. There is a 20 page thread on Enos extolling the 1301. The TX-4/1301 Tactical is my single favorite defensive shotgun ever!

One of the current tactical trainers was very impressed with this shotgun and did some posting on it, I can't recall where though. Comes standard with a nice short stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    One of the current tactical trainers was very impressed with this shotgun and did some posting on it, I can't recall where though. Comes standard with a nice short stock.
    It has a piece you can remove, to shorten LOP some, although I wish you could make it even shorter. The shape of the stock is fantastic. I still remember the first time I saw and picked up a TX-4, it was like "wow!" The 18 inch Beretta is lighter and feels much handier than my 14 inch 870's. This is the best shotgun going, that almost nobody knows about.

I really want, nay, need a new shotgun. I'd like to try an auto...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I wonder if this is based on the A300 or A400 platform? I have an A400 Extreme that I bird hunt with, it's a very, very nice shotgun.

Just acquired one.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List