Page 120 of 680 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Your answer regarding the factory offering is likely in the "LE". I'd have to review, but I think they get an exception on 922(r).

For me, it's the fly in the 1301 ointment. If the question of whether I am a law-abiding gun owner was ever to arise in a formal way, I would much rather be found to be in possession of a Hi Power with the magazine disconnect feature removed, which if I had one would be in the safe alongside various other firearms that never had one to begin with and maybe a Heckler & Koch operator's manual explaining how a magazine disconnect will get you kilt in tha streets, than of anything that is a clear violation of federal law.
    Nothing on this site says its restricted to LE or agencies.

https://dsgarms.com/berj131p18s

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post

Right -- it's also available from vendors on Gunbroker, etc. with no stated restrictions. I thought about the LE designation but given the fact that it is for sale to the general public and that Beretta's website specifically says this model (the Tactical pistol grip LE) is intended for, in part, "home defense" it seems like it can't be a restricted model, not even with a wink and a nod.
    Last edited by Xrslug; 09-08-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    From what I've read I believe the 870 and the M2 are considered the "standard" when it comes to shotguns. Everything I've read about the Beretta sounds very enticing. How does the 1301's reliability compare to the M2, would an 870 be an appropriate comparison?

I'm looking for a HD shotgun and am debating between the 3.
    Just my opinion, and I'm no expert:

I feel a pump gun requires repetitions on working the pump under some level of stress (I found Bill Drills to work great when teaching my girlfriend) to ensure the shooter doesn't end up short stroking the gun. For someone unwilling to do the work, that might be an issue, I would think.

I've never had much experience with Benelli shotguns, but they seem to me to be a bit complicated. Charging handle only ejects the shell in the chamber, to get a shell to feed from the magazine you need to press a separate button, that sort of thing. Perhaps not a factor if the level of training is "here's how you pick up the gun and pull the trigger"? But it might become an issue if you want to teach clearing a malfunction, stuff like that.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

What I can tell you after shooting a fair amount of shotgun matches in squads shooting pumps and autos, is that in my experience the 1301 and the M2 exhibit far fewer malfunctions than any of the pumps I've seen, including the 870. My personal Super Nova has been a challenge to get running.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Running a pump gun requires a solid technique that works under stress and at speed. Lots of people don't consciously develop that technique.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Perhaps not a factor if the level of training is "here's how you pick up the gun and pull the trigger"? But it might become an issue if you want to teach clearing a malfunction, stuff like that.
    Thanks for your insight. She can shoot, clear malfs, etc. on any of our pistols. We have a 1 month old, 3 year old, and 5 year old. If she gets any spare time, it's not going to be learning the ins and outs of running a shotgun, it's gonna be taking a nap.

However, in the event that a lottery ticket type event were to happen in the area we live in, and I'm not at home, I'm comfortable in the fact that she's got 5 rounds to throw at the bad guy while our Malinois is trying to eat their face.

I will run her through the everything, several times, and she'll know the basics. But, for the most part it's a shoulder, sight & squeeze application. It's just a matter of having realistic expectations and knowing your audience.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post

This one does:

http://www.quanticotactical.com/asp/...SN=Shotguns%3E

I just spoke with BUSA customer service on the phone and was told that it is intended to only be available to LE and other excepted personnel. "Joe Consumer" can't just have his LGS order one, according to Beretta.

I've seen multiple 922r interpretations that say it only applies to the importer and not to the end purchaser.
    I haven't seen any case law either way when it comes to post-purchase modifications by the end user.
    Mehhh... my spaghetti shotguns have extensions and a few US parts as well. I'm not that worried about it.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've searched a couple different ways and not found an answer.

Has anybody come up with a clean, simple solution for replacing the plastic Pic rail? I've seen a head snap off one of the factory screws when a buddy was zeroing his 1301 Tac, so I want to come up with an improved solution. At the very least, better screws, but might as well look at the whole system.

There's the Mesa Tactical side saddle. Mixed reviews on the shell holder itself, and it seems kinda silly to buy the whole system just to cut the rail off and use only that.

I'm thinking the easiest substantial upgrade solution might be to buy the Beretta factory rail for the Comp, which is aluminum rather than plastic, and drill and shorten it to work on the Tac. Would probably adjust the countersinks to work with standard screw specs (flathead cone angle), rather than using the Beretta screws. The curvature on the top of the receiver should be the same, I'd think.

Has anybody done something clean that a search of the thread (rather than reading all 145 pages) didn't find?

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I've searched a couple different ways and not found an answer.

Has anybody come up with a clean, simple solution for replacing the plastic Pic rail? I've seen a head snap off one of the factory screws when a buddy was zeroing his 1301 Tac, so I want to come up with an improved solution. At the very least, better screws, but might as well look at the whole system.

There's the Mesa Tactical side saddle. Mixed reviews on the shell holder itself, and it seems kinda silly to buy the whole system just to cut the rail off and use only that.

I'm thinking the easiest substantial upgrade solution might be to buy the Beretta factory rail for the Comp, which is aluminum rather than plastic, and drill and shorten it to work on the Tac. Would probably adjust the countersinks to work with standard screw specs (flathead cone angle), rather than using the Beretta screws. The curvature on the top of the receiver should be the same, I'd think.

Has anybody done something clean that a search of the thread (rather than reading all 145 pages) didn't find?
    I'm curious about this myself. I was surprised to not hear much about the plastic rail and any relevant durability issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List