Page 28 of 675 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

It sounds like they are missing something design-wise that Benelli figured out.

I have a corporate contact at Beretta and will be in touch next week.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Interesting review courtesy of TFB-

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...auto-12-guage/

It seems there is no middle ground on the recoil on this Shotgun. Either its an abusive lover or an Italian goddess (or one & the same if you're kinky like that).

I do find the authors concerns over the safety puzzling. Not good necessarily, just puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Harm View Post
    Interesting review courtesy of TFB-

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...auto-12-guage/

It seems there is no middle ground on the recoil on this Shotgun. Either its an abusive lover or an Italian goddess (or one & the same if you're kinky like that).

I do find the authors concerns over the safety puzzling. Not good necessarily, just puzzling.
    Looking at the other shotguns in the pictures of course he thinks the 1301 Tac has a lot of recoil.
    Comparing it to a 24" JM Pro with a huge mag extension and a big cushy butt pad or the Magpul raped 870 with what appears to be a 2" thick rubber butt pad and a muzzle brake... isn't that stacking the deck when it comes to felt recoil comparisons?
    When shooting my 1301 Tactical side by side with a 1300 Defender and a Nova Tactical (both are lightweight 18.5", with maybe 1/2" hard rubber butt pads) the 1301's recoil is noticeably lighter.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a corporate contact at Beretta and will be in touch next week.
    Let 'em know they screwed up.
    I'll probably call Beretta next week and see if they'll send me a TX4 bolt release button to try out.
    Right now the 1301 is relegated to home use and won't be travelling because it's too easy to get a major lock down because of the crappy shell release design.
    If you're transporting it cruiser ready and that button gets bumped you don't even have a single shot...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Looking at the other shotguns in the pictures of course he thinks the 1301 Tac has a lot of recoil.
    Comparing it to a 24" JM Pro with a huge mag extension and a big cushy butt pad or the Magpul raped 870 with what appears to be a 2" thick rubber butt pad and a muzzle brake... isn't that stacking the deck when it comes to felt recoil comparisons?
    When shooting my 1301 Tactical side by side with a 1300 Defender and a Nova Tactical (both are lightweight 18.5", with maybe 1/2" hard rubber butt pads) the 1301's recoil is noticeably lighter.
    Agreed, but similar observations have been noted already in this thread. Some say its savage & others the opposite. I am hoping to find one in Arizona to shoot & make up my own mind.

Shoot an 18 inch Benelli M2 and 18 inch 1301 with Brenneke slugs, and it is clear that the Benelli runs not by inertia but by pain.

Well I've got a date w an M2 & an M4 this next Friday so we'll see. Still trying to find someone w a 1301 to try & compare side by side.

The 1301 is definitely softer shooting than the Benelli M1/M2 or any pump gun. About the only shotgun I've used that shot softer is the Versamax.

"If anything presses the bolt release lever (which is a large easy to press paddle) it releases multiple rounds from the tube onto the lifter which binds everything up and requires a plastic rod (I use the magazine plug) to clear and free the rounds."
    I have not seen this happen in actual use over several thousand rounds, but I was able to deliberately induce it in all three 1301 variants (18, 21, 24 inch). Clearing it takes about 30-60 sec, but I agree that this is NOT an ideal situation.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I have not seen this happen in actual use over several thousand rounds, but I was able to deliberately induce it in all three 1301 variants (18, 21, 24 inch). Clearing it takes about 30-60 sec, but I agree that this is NOT an ideal situation.
    I have an email into my Beretta contact. I consider this a big deal. That oversized pad, is oversized enough, I could see it causing this problem at a bad time. I have never had the problem with my TX4, that has the small button. I have carried the Tx4 enough in the field, I suspect it would have happened, but I need to experiment. I have carried the shotgun with a round floated and empty chamber, though, which may have masked the potential for the problem. My TX4 is back in town, so I can't mess with it, but the 1301 is out of ready status until I sort this out.

User Tag List