Page 375 of 675 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I'm used to 3" slugs from various guns (including an 1187) and heavier. My Mossberg 835 weighs in at 7.5lbs (which I always thought was really light) and is punishing with a 3 1/2" turkey load.
    I sold a Mossberg 500 after about 20 rounds because I hated the pain of shooting it. I have at least 6-700 through the 1301 and still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    Tracking number received today.
    My Blitzkrieg delivered today, 24 days after ordering. I'll try to get it installed by this weekend.

Picked mine up right after work today. If this thing works as good as it feels, I’m going to be in love.
    Name:  7067A0AC-A40F-4D74-8B58-256F8C349511.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  63.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    My Blitzkrieg delivered today, 24 days after ordering. I'll try to get it installed by this weekend.
    Tracking says I should have mine Saturday.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Problem: My 1301 would not feed dummy rounds from the tube onto the lifter. It would feed one if you shook the gun to "simulate" recoil, just enough to momentarily stop the brass from bearing against the front of the shell latch. This basically made it impossible to practice manipulations using dummy rounds, or trust the gun to operate as needed generally. A little bit of a problem.

I searched and found others had had the same problem and fixed it by smoothing the front of the shell latch. So I watched a couple videos on disassembling a 1301 and got after it.

Shell latch, as shipped by Beretta:
    The MIM mold parting flash was apparently biting into the brass enough to prevent the shell latch from moving off the side of the shell head to allow the shell to feed past it.

Name:  a 1301 shell latch defect.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  23.7 KB

Shell latch, after hitting it with the fine India stone. Ridge is gone, MIM surface roughness knocked down a little bit. Could probably have called it good at this point.

Name:  b 1301 shell latch fine stone.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  23.0 KB

Shell latch, after going back over it with the extra fine Arkansas stone. You can still see some of the deeper scratches from the India stone and some of the pits in the MIM surface. That's a few whiskers of lint from the paper towel I used to wipe the baby oil off it on the upper left. (I use baby oil when putting stone to metal, as it's probably OK to have on my skin.)

Name:  c 1301 shell latch extra fine outer.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  23.3 KB

Shell latch, from the other side. Made sure all the corners/edges were at least kinda broken and smooth. Although it looks rough, it feels very smooth. Even not considering the removal of the parting line, the rest of it is flatter than it was before touching it up.

Name:  d 1301 shell latch extra fine inner.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  24.8 KB

Hit it with the cold blue touch up pen before putting it all back together. Reassembled the gun, loaded up some dummy rounds and emptied the tube a few times by cycling the gun. It now feeds like a boss. No hassle of a return trip to Beretta.

Also, I'm pretty happy with the macro function on my three-generations-obsolete camera. I can do better with the DSLR and a tripod, but this came out halfway decent for hand holding a point and shoot.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

What’s everyone using on their Nordic clamp to keep it from sliding around and killing the finish on the barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotundra View Post
    What’s everyone using on their Nordic clamp to keep it from sliding around and killing the finish on the barrel?
    An Allen Wrench to take it off and then leave it off.

Nordic Components Barrel Clamp Gasket

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/1107726/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t been using the clamp.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    Nordic Components Barrel Clamp Gasket

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/1107726/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why the hell don’t they include that?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List