Page 185 of 678 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Have we reached a point yet where the 1301 is "better" or at least "as good as" the Benelli? Or what do we need to do to make it so?

Along the same lines, what do I need to do in order to get the standard stock but barrel-mounted rifle sights on a 1301? and preferably a drilled & tapped receiver? That doesn't seem easily doable on the M2 and might be enough to sway me 1301 if it's easier to get there.
    I don't think there will ever be a consensus because "better" or "as good as" is still relatively subjective. There's no field model of the 1301, so for that the M2 would win by default. For tactical purposes, I'm inclined to say I'd prefer the 1301, especially if price is taken into account. I think the biggest area where the Benelli wins is if 922r is a concern - there's a lot of parts for the M2 and M4 to make them compliant.

In terms of the traditional view of "better" or "as good as" regarding performance, from what I've seen, overall? I personally would say it's as good as objectively, and possibly better subjectively. I don't think it gives up anything, and I've seen and heard of more than a few M2s that are sluggish, can have problems with push/ pull, can be more ammo sensitive, can have issues with weight being added to the gun (shell carriers, lights, optics, etc). Obviously not all of them, but enough that its not a secret that inertia guns might not perform as well.

I think the M4 is a LITTLE softer shooting, but it's probably because it weighs way more. Even still, I'd be shocked if my splits with the M4 were any better, especially if using reduced recoil loads in the 1301 (flight control 8 pellet, le133-00 is my preferred load). Some people complain the forend on the 1301 is too long because it makes mounting a light harder (which it does), but i definitely prefer it to the comparatively super short m4 forend.

Overall I'd say the 1301, M2, and M4 are in a different class than mostly anything else - to the point I'm pretty sure I'll never bother owning a 930, 1100, 1187, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Have we reached a point yet where the 1301 is "better" or at least "as good as" the Benelli? Or what do we need to do to make it so?

Along the same lines, what do I need to do in order to get the standard stock but barrel-mounted rifle sights on a 1301? and preferably a drilled & tapped receiver? That doesn't seem easily doable on the M2 and might be enough to sway me 1301 if it's easier to get there.
    It's just not as durable a system. More prone to breakage. The magazine tube scores and forms a divot where the carrier guides ride down it during initial cycling, the stamped metal components are prone to breaking at higher round counts, and I have seen the failure of at least 1 bolt pictured. It's a good gun, but they went cheap in the guts.

That, and mounting a light is still awkward compared to the Benelli M4.

Yes the Benelli M4 costs more. Yes, you get what you paid for, in my opinion, after owning several M4's, and looking at the issues detailed with the giblets of the 1301 as catalogued online. The only internal failures I have EVER heard of with the M4 Benelli platform are all on outdated components that have not been used in production guns in over a decade (barrels without the collar near the chamber end, and 4-port guns).

Some heavy users of the 1301 change mag tubes every season due to the scoring, and the breaking of internal components that are thing, stamped, and have 90* angles to them will allow the weapon to cycle and load as normal, but it will NOT go "bang" when you pull the trigger. At least the broken part is visible during PM, but that's not comforting as a whole to me. For lower volume users, the 1301 is likely a good idea, as a low volume user is a) less likely to break one, and b) more likely to complain about the cost of the weapon when the cost of the ammo to be put through it yearly is much lower.

My .02
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 08-23-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I believe the 18.5" open rifle sighted barrels (part number 80028) have been discontinued too, but are currently available for $375 if you are amenable to piecing together a solution.

Attachment 19302
    I was looking at piecing together that combination, and it looked like it was cheaper to buy the pistol gripped shotgun with the 18.5" rifle sighted barrel, and replace the stock with a standard one.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Now that's an improvement! A lot less bulky than the Mesa Tactical rail replacement, plus aimpoint mount. As advertised gets the aim point right on top of the receiver. Subtle shift of cheek weld gets you from red dot down to ghost sight. To get the right cheek weld before I had to use the riser on the Mesa stock to get things lined up. Changed stock back to factory at the same time and no problems centering the dot. Doubt you will the risers on the Magpul stock either when it gets installed (when did you say preorder was opening?). Overall, love it. Great job.

BTW: if you try to install at the end of the day on less than 3 hours sleep read the directions closer than I did. Front screw from mount to receiver needs to be dropped in the mount before you attach the aimpoint. It sits slightly under the front lip of the aimpoint and will not slide by after attaching the aimpoint. It's was very clear in the instructions, being I just blew right past it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Sounds like you were looking for the 11055 version of the M2. There was a new one on GB a few weeks ago for $895. I didn't realize that configuration had been discontinued.
    Looks like the 11027 is another one, albeit also discontued.

http://www.eurooptic.com/benelli-m2-...sight-185.aspx

Site Supporter
    I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I

... Claudius?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    ... Claudius?
    ... Robot?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    ... Robot?
    .... being of sound mind ?

Site Supporter
    Hit the wrong thing while viewing the thread on my phone. Had no intention of posting anything.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List