Page 600 of 678 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601602610650 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Not entirely correct. It is a Cerakote style coating, but not exactly Cerakote. Beretta's factory Aquatech Shield is VERY similar to Cerakote and behaves about the same when applied correctly. The issues noted earlier in this thread mean that they were likely not properly degreased prior to coating, which can also happen with Cerakote. Everything is about prep.

As for the enhanced 7 round gun, it is a VASTLY superior option to a +2 extension, as it utilizes a full length magazine tube with an integrally retained mag spring. Not sure why you think that a +2 is a better option, because I can attest that the integral full length magazine tube beats all extensions, no matter who made them.

Beyond that, yes, you absolutely unequivocally 100% need the clamp if you are planning on using a gun with a +2 for serious use and not just hang it on the wall and look at it. Anyone who says that the clamp is not needed has not run their 1301 hard and launched their magazine extension and spring downrange as I have multiple times in testing trying to eliminate a clamp for the old 5rd tube guns. DO NOT RUN AN EXTENSION WITHOUT A CLAMP! PERIOD!
    Not being argumentative but what makes it superior

Some of the advantages include:
    A one piece design, no transition for spring/follower/shells to hang up, won’t come loose, captured spring.

Personally I prefer a plus 1 extension. This keeps the weight down and I like the light adapter location.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Some of the advantages include:
    A one piece design, no transition for spring/follower/shells to hang up, won’t come loose, captured spring.

Personally I prefer a plus 1 extension. This keeps the weight down and I like the light adapter location.
    Honestly I've never had an issue with nordic extensions and i like the ability to take the gun apart. Its my understanding that you cant do that with the new ones. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by awdxtc View Post
    Honestly I've never had an issue with nordic extensions and i like the ability to take the gun apart. Its my understanding that you cant do that with the new ones. Is that correct?
    I converted mine to 5 shot with a Nordic.

Name:  20220903_185605.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  61.4 KB

TacOrd RMR mount and LPA steel sight with plain black ghost ring. If LPA offered replacement apertures I'd have stuck with the plastic rear. LPA should offer the sight with an aluminum body. The LPA screws have quite a bit more thread engagement than the OEM Beretta screws, probably 50% more. They torque just below flush inside the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by i am No One View Post
    Luckily I'm left handed too. Thanks for the info.
    Here is a closeup of my light setup.

I do indeed see that photo, and in my experience thatÂ’s a monumentally bad idea if you are running the gun seriously for defensive purposes with a +2 extension. IÂ’m not just saying to use a clamp because IÂ’m being a pain in the ass on the internet, IÂ’ve seen what happens without them during intensive use. As for gamers running without clamps? IÂ’m glad it works for them. IÂ’d never do that on a gun I rely on for defensive purposes. (Snip)
    That absolutely settles it for me. The clamp stays on.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    You absolutely can with the factory 7 shot. I do not understand why people think you cannot.

I’ll ask Ben to post some photos of it, I don’t have one personally yet.

There is no major issue with the Nordic or any other +2, the factory tube is better because it’s one piece and retains the mag spring when you take the gun apart.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Site Supporter
    ...i like the ability to take the gun apart. Its my understanding that you cant do that with the new ones. Is that correct?
    It comes apart just like any other shotgun I have with a 5 rnd. tube and extension...unscrew the extension (in the case of the one-piece tube 1301, it's the tube's outer cover), remove the handguard, then slide the barrel off. On the one-piece 7 rnd. 1301, you just have to slide the barrel a little further to get it off than you would if it was a 5 rnd. tube.

You absolutely can with the factory 7 shot. I do not understand why people think you cannot.

IÂ’ll ask Ben to post some photos of it, I donÂ’t have one personally yet.

There is no major issue with the Nordic or any other +2, the factory tube is better because itÂ’s one piece and retains the mag spring when you take the gun apart.
    Why would the factory magazine tube cover be less susceptible to loosening than the Nordic extension? Both screw to the magazine tube and both engage the detent on the handguard. The factory magazine clamp on my gun started sliding under recoil immediately and no amount of tightening would stop it. All of the Nordic extension clamps slide around too.

User Tag List