Page 271 of 675 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 6745

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

My 1301 G2 tactical is home from Beretta USA. They fitted a new carrier and "cartridge latch" (bolt release). I have not live fired it, but the problem I had with the carrier getting stuck behind the latch is fixed. The new carrier looks shiny and polished as well. I'll report back after I have a chance to test it further.

This was free of charge, including the UPS call tag to pick the gun up at my house. Also I appreciate that there was no concern about the custom work I had done on the gun. They took the gun back and made it work. That is excellent customer service! I especially want to thank @e_stern for all his help.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-09-2018 at 04:45 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

That is comforting news. Better for it to work out of the box, but at least there is a path. Keep us posted on how it performs.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 11-09-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    That is comforting news. Better for it to work out of the box, but at least there is a path. Keep us posted on how it performs.
    This shotgun may become my main home defense long gun, if Oregon passes the gun control legislation I'm predicting. This is the reason I bought it in the first place. We now have a Dem supermajority in the state senate, and a very anti-gun governor. Not good...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This shotgun may become my main home defense long gun, if Oregon passes the gun control legislation I'm predicting. This is the reason I bought it in the first place. We now have a Dem supermajority in the state senate, and a very anti-gun governor. Not good...
    For me it just seems an interesting addition to my repertoire, and I always assumed a M2 until I started reading this thread. New A5 is interesting too tho, but I don't shoot much 3-gun, much to the dismay of some of my buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    For me it just seems an interesting addition to my repertoire, and I always assumed a M2 until I started reading this thread. New A5 is interesting too tho, but I don't shoot much 3-gun, much to the dismay of some of my buddies.
    Yeah, I was able to place at or near the top of a few local matches with a little practice. But the rifle and pistol parts weren't that fun or challenging, and I'm not into shotguns. My prior experience with precision rifle and carbine matches spoiled me for anything I've seen in 3 Gun. Time-plus scoring on hoser pistol targets where 2 Ds are good... a significant part of the game loading the shotgun really fast... meh. I've got better things to do.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I was able to place at or near the top of a few local matches with a little practice. But the rifle and pistol parts weren't that fun or challenging, and I'm not into shotguns. My prior experience with precision rifle and carbine matches spoiled me for anything I've seen in 3 Gun. Time-plus scoring on hoser pistol targets where 2 Ds are good... a significant part of the game loading the shotgun really fast... meh. I've got better things to do.

I appreciate this perspective. I’d been casually considering trying 3-gun, specifically to get some shotgun trigger time with the stress of competition. But your view of it makes it much less appealing. “Shoot-lots-and-fast” isn’t as interesting to me as “shoot well.”

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I appreciate this perspective. I’d been casually considering trying 3-gun, specifically to get some shotgun trigger time with the stress of competition. But your view of it makes it much less appealing. “Shoot-lots-and-fast” isn’t as interesting to me as “shoot well.”
    A few of my local buds travel all over the place for multi-day matches, and some are quite competitive.

IMHO: Ain't No One Got Time (or $) For That (except them, and they do it all the time).

PS> I can't say that it doesn't look like fun though.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 11-09-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Tested and sighted the 1301 today. There were no issues functionally, and the lifter now works perfectly. POI with slugs was nearly identical as previously. That's impressive because I removed the Aridus CROM & HoloSun green circle-dot optic when I sent the gun back to Beretta.

The gun is now in my safe ready to serve its role in home defense. I have 7 shells in the mag, plus one floated, and a 5 shell carrier on the side (3 buck/2 slug).

Project complete.

My 1301 G2 tactical is home from Beretta USA. They fitted a new carrier and "cartridge latch" (bolt release). I have not live fired it, but the problem I had with the carrier getting stuck behind the latch is fixed. The new carrier looks shiny and polished as well. I'll report back after I have a chance to test it further.

This was free of charge, including the UPS call tag to pick the gun up at my house. Also I appreciate that there was no concern about the custom work I had done on the gun. They took the gun back and made it work. That is excellent customer service! I especially want to thank @e_stern for all his help.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-16-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Tested and sighted the 1301 today. There were no issues functionally, and the lifter now works perfectly. POI with slugs was nearly identical as previously. That's impressive because I removed the Aridus CROM & HoloSun green circle-dot optic when I sent the gun back to Beretta.

The gun is now in my safe ready to serve its role in home defense. I have 7 shells in the mag, plus one floated, and a 5 shell carrier on the side (3 buck/2 slug).

Project complete.

I’m really tempted to try a RDS in my 1301 using the CROM, but I don’t want to invest in another tier 1 RDS right now. How is that HoloSun holding up for you? It wouldn’t be a patrol optic for me, but I’d still prefer it didn’t shit the bed after the first few times it is used.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Beretta 1301 Tactical

So far so good. It’s had good reviews, and my buddy at Sig EO says it’s a robust optic and will hold up to hard use. I’ve put around 100 full power shells through.

Just FYI, I had to make a small dremel mod to the front of the optic to make it fit the CROM.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-17-2018 at 06:27 PM.

User Tag List