Page 408 of 678 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 6777

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimojo45 View Post
    I haven't tried it but there is a gasket.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/1107726/
    I remember that now - thank you!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimojo45 View Post
    I haven't tried it but there is a gasket.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/1107726/
    I've tried the gasket, it's ok. It needs to be trimmed though, as sticks out about 1/4" past the top four clamp points. But it seems to work just how it was intended.

Just got in the Briley bolt handle to replace the plastic midget butt plug that Beretta chose to use on their $1K shotgun.
    It weighs .60oz. vs .30oz. for the Beretta sex toy.
    It fit in snuggly and feels good and solid when racking the bolt. And just like the factory version it's kind of a pain in the butt fiddley to get it in and out. No live fire yet but it worked great while aggressively cycling dummy shells through the 1301.
    But most importantly, it looks a whole lot better now, which is 99% of being properly tactical.
    Here's some quick and dirty pics...

I’ve started to reconsider not having the +2 extension. I know that they’re out of stock everywhere for now but I’m sure they’ll eventually become available again. I have a Gen1 1301T with a Magpul SGA stock and OEM Beretta forend. What do I need to do to maintain 922(r) compliance without messing with the trigger? I understand there are US made trigger parts but I’m not really interested in touching the fire control components. Would I need both the Aridus Magpul forend and a US made follower? Are there additional parts I would need?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Hashed over many times.

Langdon is doing it his way. Some are not convinced that's legal, but are also not interested in arguing about it publicly, as everything that could be said has been. If you study the issue and find yourself questioning Langdon's approach, you'll likely arrive at the conclusion that the Briley trigger parts are currently the only way to get there.

There is a post in this thread that spells it out with citations to law and a detailed chart of parts counts with various approaches.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Had the ATF ever put out a list of what they consider the parts list of a1301 for 922(r) compliance purposes?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Hashed over many times.

Langdon is doing it his way. Some are not convinced that's legal, but are also not interested in arguing about it publicly, as everything that could be said has been. If you study the issue and find yourself questioning Langdon's approach, you'll likely arrive at the conclusion that the Briley trigger parts are currently the only way to get there.

There is a post in this thread that spells it out with citations to law and a detailed chart of parts counts with various approaches.
    For what it's worth, Freedom Fighter Tactical has been promising 1301 parts in the future on their YT channel. They mainly sell 922r specific parts for the Benelli M4. Go ahead and send him an email/message/comment and let him know you're interested in parts for the 1301. I already have.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Just got in the Briley bolt handle to replace the plastic midget butt plug that Beretta chose to use on their $1K shotgun.
    It weighs .60oz. vs .30oz. for the Beretta sex toy.
    It fit in snuggly and feels good and solid when racking the bolt. And just like the factory version it's kind of a pain in the butt fiddley to get it in and out. No live fire yet but it worked great while aggressively cycling dummy shells through the 1301.
    But most importantly, it looks a whole lot better now, which is 99% of being properly tactical.
    Here's some quick and dirty pics...
    FWIW, I had (key word, "had") one of those on my A300. Thought it was securely installed, seemed to be securely installed, went AWOL somewhere along the line while shooting sporting clays. Fortunately, if all goes well, you never touch the bolt handle shooting SC or I'd have had to finish with the wife's gun.

Point is, make sure it's really, really installed if you don't want it to go missing. I'm still not entirely clear on what I did wrong. Reinstalled the factory handle when I got home, presumably the same way I'd installed the Briley, and it's stayed put since.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Had the ATF ever put out a list of what they consider the parts list of a1301 for 922(r) compliance purposes?
    They don't do useful things like that.

I don't understand how the IWI semi-auto bullpup 12GA shotgun falls into 922r compliance either. It holds 5+5+5 (+1) with its 3 mag tubes and is not made in the USA as far as I know.

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-ts12/
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    To be clear, this is not a comment on you or your wife...

Maybe I do it wrong, but I leave a shell on the lifter (I ghost load one so I still have a full tube but I could just load one with the release) and if I need the Shotty I'm lifting it up by the forend with my off hand and running the bolt with my strong hand, then transitioning it to the grip. This way it can only do one thing... Load a round. Technically it could also jam I suppose but we can "what if" shit to death.
    I'm learning more and more about the "ghost loading" and keep intending to try it with the A300s we have as I believe they should work the same way.

My wife is quite comfortable with her A300 as we shoot sporting clays from time to time, but since you never really use the bolt handle in SC it's not a familiar approach for her. I'm also not entirely sure she could *quickly* lift a fully loaded 1301 (plus side-saddle?) with weak hand on forend and run the bolt while transitioning. My guess is she would have to pause with the stock on hip or similar, run it, and then shoulder the gun. which makes the pump conceivably a little faster and less confusing for her (obviously right up until the point at which she short-strokes...). Keeping two hands on the gun at all times when dealing with a heavy shotgun seems easier for her.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List