Page 259 of 675 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Nordic MXT Installed....

OK so I finally got my Aridus/Zhukov (thanks Aridus!) installed, along with my Nordic MXT +2 extension - I called Nordic asking about the spring, I measured 16" from the end of the magazine cap and gave the spring a snip, I tried to bend it inward and down on the end with the cap as best I could, that spring is stout, especially when installing the magazine tube cap back on!

I haven't cycled it at the range yet but if anyone can snap a pic of their spring end I am going to try to mimic it with some pliers as best I can, just to make sure nothing hangs up - the one end seemed flat and flush so I used the "finished end" against the follower. Nice stainless follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Looking towards the 1301 as my HD gun after listening to TC's podcast the other night. Seems like a bit higher of an entry level price than say a 500 or 870 but removing the action required to cycle the SG seems to be worth the extra $.

I'm coming from a strictly pistol background and not insinuating that a semi SG would remove the training aspect but here in CT we're lucky to see ranges that allow drawing from a holster let alone running and gunning with a SG.

Am I wildly off base here with my reasoning?

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread!

What podcast?

Just got a couple of the Briley bolt handles in. I've got a Sentinel Concepts class in a couple of weeks so I'm anxious to put it through its paces.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m glad I have a Briley charging handle on order...
    Based on the photo, I ordered one, too.
    It arrived this week, and I’m looking forward to installing it and ops-testing it.

Well since I've fully decided to add the 1301 to my on-duty weapons I went ahead and ordered the stock adapter today and will get the stock ordered this week. Aridus shell holder will get ordered on my next check since my Shotgun basic user class at work isn't until mid-October. Only thing I need is for Aridus to release their RMR Crom since I really don't want to just use iron sights. I've gone full optics on my work guns at this point and don't want my shotgun to be without. At this point it looks like my only option though because I'm not dropping $130 on a Larue low QD RMR mount (we have to qual with both irons and optic if we run an optic on rifle/shotgun but not with pistol for some reason which is why I need QD or cowitness) as a short term solution. WINK WINK ADAM.

I'm betting this is answered somewhere in this long thread so forgive my laziness - can a live round be extracted from the chamber without the next round in the tube feeding? It sure would be nice to empty the chamber without having to cycle the entire magazine dry.

Thanks!

Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Yes. Pressing the trigger (among other things) causes the next round to be released from the mag tube, running the bolt does not.
    Thanks Tom.

So with a full mag and a round in the chamber, simply rack the bolt to eject the round in the chamber without feeding another from the mag, correct?

At that point does the bolt lock open?

With an empty chamber and the bolt closed, does simply racking the bolt feed another shell? I'm assuming there's another manipulation needed to feed another shell...
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Correct.

Yes.

If there is a shell floated (ghost loaded) on the lifter, running the bolt feeds that shell into the chamber.

If there is not a shell on the lifter, you need to press the carrier catch plunger (at the rear of the lifter and just forward of the trigger guard) to release a shell from the mag tube and place it on the lifter. Then you run the bolt to feed that shell into the chamber.
    Thanks, that sounds like a great system!

That is the weakness of my modified 1187 - once the mag is loaded and there's a round in the chamber, there's no way to empty just the chamber. Also, to totally unload the SG all rounds have to be manually cycled through the action, which is an archaic way to have to do so.

Very cool, thanks for the explanation!

(Don’t mind the cable box that’s being sent back or my general lack luster photo abilities)

Got the SGA stock mounted today. Adam suggested to me to use a blow dryer and vice grips to remove the rod. Well I don’t own a blow dryer so I tried using a soldering iron heated up to 450. Tapped it around a couple spots on the rod to melt the loctite, and used some vice grips and it comes out like I had oiled it.
    The SGA stock and forend make this gun handle like a dream! The stock makes a world of difference. Hopefully I’ll get out to shoot it tomorrow.
    Has anyone found a new solution for mounting a QD mount for the sling on that front section? I used an extra BFG loop to attach it and while it works a QD would probably be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post

(Don’t mind the cable box that’s being sent back or my general lack luster photo abilities)

Got the SGA stock mounted today. Adam suggested to me to use a blow dryer and vice grips to remove the rod. Well I don’t own a blow dryer so I tried using a soldering iron heated up to 450. Tapped it around a couple spots on the rod to melt the loctite, and used some vice grips and it comes out like I had oiled it.
    The SGA stock and forend make this gun handle like a dream! The stock makes a world of difference. Hopefully I’ll get out to shoot it tomorrow.
    Has anyone found a new solution for mounting a QD mount for the sling on that front section? I used an extra BFG loop to attach it and while it works a QD would probably be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please stop - you’re going to cost me money buying Magpul furniture for my 1301T!

User Tag List