Page 591 of 678 FirstFirst ... 91491541581589590591592593601641 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 6771

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Probably a combination of dry gun/shit shells... I bet it would have powered through stronger loads.
    Well, after taking the gun apart, it seems I have a gouged cam pin, and the edges of the cam pin track in the carrier are razor sharp. Before I disassembled the gun it was fairly easy to slowly lower the bolt and it would stay just out of battery. When I reassembled I reversed the cam pin and now you have to very very delicately let the bolt slide home to keep it from rotating into battery and with a slight jostle of the gun the bolt goes fully into battery. Time to order some new cam pins and break out a couple of stones. I bet Beretta would ignore any bills I send them for QC inspection and final assembly.

I’ll try to get a better photo up tomorrow, but for now the shiny spot is fairly obvious. Also, a quick web search shows this is a problem the limeys identified years ago.

Name:  C9A68CED-01CE-48F2-8E18-F35EEB6CC1F1.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  15.2 KB
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 08-12-2022 at 08:41 PM.

If anyone want to get rid or their no-spin titanium charging handle, PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Thanks for the comparison! It is heavier indeed. We did a bit of weight comparison during R&D (Current production is about 25g, the factory one is around 9.5). Our first trip we tested ones with a thicker wall that I think was around 27g, and a thinner wall that was around 22g. We ran 3 guns (2 with the heavier charging handles, 1 with the lighter charging handle) at 150-160 rounds each with no issues.

The next trip I tried a completely solid one that came in at about 47g. The gun was pretty dirty and completely dry, and it ran 125 rounds of the lightest birdshot I had with no problems.

The final wall thickness ended up right between the initial 2 that we tested as it looked and felt the best (I didn't love the really thin wall but wanted to try it in case it was necessary... thankfully it was not!)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Captain Aridus… 👍 I had read or heard you in a podcast recently, where you mentioned the testing you had done since you knew it would be heavier and wanted to make sure that wasn’t going to be an issue with reliability. That’s why I put it into my review, and why I had no hesitation to buy your bolt handle. And “knurling”, not “engraving” was the word I should have used. It’s really a great design, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    In fairness I hadn’t lubed the gun in a while and it’s been sitting for probably 4 months. It’s probably had 400ish rounds through it with minor cleaning since I bought it in January.
    That is still pretty new, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    The next batch went to finishing at the beginning of this week. I hope not long... the initial batch they said 2 weeks and it was closer to 4, so we'll see how this one goes (granted they had to make adjustments because they didn't realize on the prints I sent them that there's a bore that needs to be completely coated which they didn't account for at first. Fingers crossed this time is smoother).

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    I need this in case my titanium breaks.

When are you shipping orders for Canada.
    And which seller?

I just found another 1301 accessories supplier…. TACORD.COM. I received an email from them advertising their low mount RMR plate for the 1301. I checked out their page and they also sell Aridus, GGG, Nordic, etc.

They also make a one piece no spin charging handle. I’ve never purchased from them and have no affiliation but thought I’d let you guys know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I just found another 1301 accessories supplier…. TACORD.COM. I received an email from them advertising their low mount RMR plate for the 1301. I checked out their page and they also sell Aridus, GGG, Nordic, etc.

They also make a one piece no spin charging handle. I’ve never purchased from them and have no affiliation but thought I’d let you guys know.
    They only take Maple Syrup and bagged milk for payment.

Ha! Didn’t notice they were in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Ha! Didn’t notice they were in Canada.
    I sent them an email. They do ship to the US but they have to set the transaction up manually. ie, you have to email them.

I was looking at their charging handle and it looks like it might be a spinner…

User Tag List