Page 590 of 678 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don't know what it is about the OEM CH, but I hated it on sight. It was even worse in the hand. Reminds me of a plastic tampon applicator.
    No way Blues will let this one go!😁

The Aridus CH is easily the best CH on the market for the 1301. I have a Titanium CH from GB and while I like it it needs more traction and larger OD. Well done, Aridus!

When will the next batch be available?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I installed mine this morning. It seems incredibly solid as an item and like it installed in the bolt carrier more solidly than the OEM one.

While looking through the optic, I saw that my red dot was way off in relation to my irons. It turns out my CROM had come loose. All three screws were loose and I could move the CROM by hand. I’ll have to reinstall the screws with better thread locker. I think I used vibratite before. Having to zero again is going to suck because I’m almost out of those Federal Deep Penetrator slugs I like. Might be time to order some more Flite Control buck too.

Site Supporter
    My 1301 comp had several failure to return to battery malfunctions that led to a click and a missed clay or clays this morning. The bolt would close on a fresh shell, but not lock.

In fairness I hadn’t lubed the gun in a while and it’s been sitting for probably 4 months. It’s probably had 400ish rounds through it with minor cleaning since I bought it in January.

While at the range I put some synthetic motor oil (it’s all I had) on the bolt stem/ bolt and cycled the action several times and didn’t have any problems for the 30ish rounds I fired after that. My guess is the gun was just dry, though we were shooting cheapo Winchester 1 1/8oz field loads so it’s possibly an ammo problem, but my friends gun didn’t have any problems with it, so I’m not 100% sure it was an ammo problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    My 1301 comp had several failure to return to battery malfunctions that led to a click and a missed clay or clays this morning. The bolt would close on a fresh shell, but not lock.

In fairness I hadn’t lubed the gun in a while and it’s been sitting for probably 4 months. It’s probably had 400ish rounds through it with minor cleaning since I bought it in January.

While at the range I put some synthetic motor oil (it’s all I had) on the bolt stem/ bolt and cycled the action several times and didn’t have any problems for the 30ish rounds I fired after that. My guess is the gun was just dry, though we were shooting cheapo Winchester 1 1/8oz field loads so it’s possibly an ammo problem, but my friends gun didn’t have any problems with it, so I’m not 100% sure it was an ammo problem.
    Probably a combination of dry gun/shit shells... I bet it would have powered through stronger loads.

On The Aridus Charging Handle Bandwagon

Jumping on the bandwagon, I’ve installed the Aridus charging handle and so far like it a lot. It’s larger size, and cupped and engraved surfaces allow for any finger or edge of a palm to easily cycle the action. Looks great too.

It is heavier than the OEM and the English Special, but Adam has thoroughly tested that and found no issues. My testing is next.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    anyone know what the forend o-ring does? Part #139 here. It frequently pops out when I remove the forend or put it back on, forcing me to finagle it back into its proper position.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/beretta-1301/parts.html
    I took apart my 1301 today. Remembering your question, I took a look at the mystery-ring. Mine is in there pretty good and has never come off. I didn’t want to mess up a good thing so I didn’t even try removing it. Is it possible that your o-ring is damaged or possibly the channel it sits in is damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Jumping on the bandwagon, I’ve installed the Aridus charging handle and so far like it a lot. It’s larger size, and cupped and engraved surfaces allow for any finger or edge of a palm to easily cycle the action. Looks great too.

It is heavier than the OEM and the English Special, but Adam has thoroughly tested that and found no issues. My testing is next.
    Thanks for the comparison! It is heavier indeed. We did a bit of weight comparison during R&D (Current production is about 25g, the factory one is around 9.5). Our first trip we tested ones with a thicker wall that I think was around 27g, and a thinner wall that was around 22g. We ran 3 guns (2 with the heavier charging handles, 1 with the lighter charging handle) at 150-160 rounds each with no issues.

The next trip I tried a completely solid one that came in at about 47g. The gun was pretty dirty and completely dry, and it ran 125 rounds of the lightest birdshot I had with no problems.

The final wall thickness ended up right between the initial 2 that we tested as it looked and felt the best (I didn't love the really thin wall but wanted to try it in case it was necessary... thankfully it was not!)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    When will the next batch be available?
    The next batch went to finishing at the beginning of this week. I hope not long... the initial batch they said 2 weeks and it was closer to 4, so we'll see how this one goes (granted they had to make adjustments because they didn't realize on the prints I sent them that there's a bore that needs to be completely coated which they didn't account for at first. Fingers crossed this time is smoother).

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

User Tag List