Page 511 of 680 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    I have a Romeo 5 installed on my factory pic rail. I just ordered the CROM RH for Aimpoint models, because they are in stock. There's been discussions that the Romeo 5 wont work. I'll clear this up when my CROM arrives.

In the meantime, here's some evidence showing it will work.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    You’ll notice he doesn’t show the sight picture. To me, that shows a CROM with the full aperture can probably work with the Romeo5. I had a Romeo5 on a RH version, and then replaced it with a 503 - the rear aperture ears are not visible in the glass of either unless you crank up the rear so far that the grub screws won’t retain the aperture stud. A full aperture would look like a half circle segment in the glass.

I’m planning on finding a full aperture to test this before I give up and either use a different mount or replace the RDS with a T1.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You’ll notice he doesn’t show the sight picture. To me, that shows a CROM with the full aperture can probably work with the Romeo5. I had a Romeo5 on a RH version, and then replaced it with a 503 - the rear aperture ears are not visible in the glass of either unless you crank up the rear so far that the grub screws won’t retain the aperture stud. A full aperture would look like a half circle segment in the glass.

I’m planning on finding a full aperture to test this before I give up and either use a different mount or replace the RDS with a T1.

Did you post what your sight pictures looked like with the Romeo 5 on the CROM RH? Also, What's the exact model 503 you went for? I've found, like you, that this is kind of a shit show trying to figure which aimpoint clones will "work".

The 503s (HS503R among others) seem to require modification to the sight to fit, or mcguivering a wrench, but reports show the will cowitness (RH or standard is unclear).

The early gen PA red dot (MD-RB-AD ) and the Vortex red dot (CF-RD2) appear to mount without issue from what I've read (RH or standard is unclear). The downside is the "only" 50K battery life, lack of advanced reticles, and no shake awake. These seem to be almost identical to the T1 micro.

The Romeo 5 absolutely sits higher than an aimpoint. I know this from previous testing with DD fixed sights and DD Aimpoint mount; The R5 is 1/3 cowitness on the DD mount which is a full cowitness mount w/o the spacer plate.

I guess we'll see. This may need to be its own thread. I have the Romeo 5 so I'm going to see if I can manage to not spend more $ on another aimpoint clone.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Did you post what your sight pictures looked like with the Romeo 5 on the CROM RH? Also, What's the exact model 503 you went for? I've found, like you, that this is kind of a shit show trying to figure which aimpoint clones will "work".

The 503s (HS503R among others) seem to require modification to the sight to fit, or mcguivering a wrench, but reports show the will cowitness (RH or standard is unclear).

The early gen PA red dot (MD-RB-AD ) and the Vortex red dot (CF-RD2) appear to mount without issue from what I've read (RH or standard is unclear). The downside is the "only" 50K battery life, lack of advanced reticles, and no shake awake. These seem to be almost identical to the T1 micro.

The Romeo 5 absolutely sits higher than an aimpoint. I know this from previous testing with DD fixed sights and DD Aimpoint mount; The R5 is 1/3 cowitness on the DD mount which is a full cowitness mount w/o the spacer plate.

I guess we'll see. This may need to be its own thread. I have the Romeo 5 so I'm going to see if I can manage to not spend more $ on another aimpoint clone.
    I think a separate thread is a good idea, we can link back to it from here. Let me see if I can rig up a way of photographing the sight picture with the current HS503CU, I’ll use that to kick off the new thread.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Ken

Aridus QDC Side Saddle - Cerakote

I’m sure many of you saw the IG post which Aridus threw up with someone with an FDE 1301 tactical with the cerakote partially ripped off after the side saddle down came off after range use. I just picked up a Side saddle for my od green 1301. Anyone else have issues with installing (or it falling off) the qdc on their cerakoted gun?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kennylifit View Post
    I’m sure many of you saw the IG post which Aridus threw up with someone with an FDE 1301 tactical with the cerakote partially ripped off after the side saddle down came off after range use. I just picked up a Side saddle for my od green 1301. Anyone else have issues with installing (or it falling off) the qdc on their cerakoted gun?

Thanks
    I saw that on Facebook but it was a sticky back Velcro layer. I have an Aridus unit but hesitant to install it because of damage in the future.
    I am not a 3 gun guy or a 4 day shotgun course person so I think I’ll just attach 4 or 5 round Esstac cards to my Magpul plastic SGA stock.
    Bob

Aimpoint CROMs in stock : https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...nt-micro-crom/

Also at Brownells as of this minute.

Do you think Aridus will manufacture a longer male to male fastener to compensate the missing stock buffer as an optional/additional product?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    So for context:

I bought my first 1301 in 2016 about April. I added the Aridus adapter about 1.5 years later. In that time the gun has been through all of my classes (usually used as a loaner) and some other classes I've taken from others. That is in addition to my own personal practice which, until the ammo crunch, was fairly constant. Just in my own practice time I've fired just over 4,000 shells through this gun...not counting what it's seen as a loaner.

I talked with knowledgeable folks about the lack of the factory buffer when the Aridus adapter was gaining in popularity and I was assured it wouldn't be a cause for concern.

My use has born that out:

Attachment 78466Attachment 78467Attachment 78468

The receiver itself has finish wear, as you can see, but no real damage. Keep in mind that the buffer back there is not the primary device for decelerating the bolt....the recoil spring and the action of cocking the hammer are what accomplish that. The gun isn't beating itself to death without the buffer present.

The bolt shows a little finish wear on the rear face, but as you can see it's no more than is visible from the rails that run inside the recesses cut into the receiver.

I have no worries anything is going to break.

While I'm at it, somewhere earlier front sights got mentioned so here's a close up of the Blitzkrieg front sight for the Benelli M4 installed on my 1301:

Attachment 78469

While it's possible Blitzkrieg has changed the dimensions of their sight since I bought mine some years ago, as you can see it's not sitting way above the protective ears on my gun. I can tell you with absolute certainty that the front sight tower used on the Benelli M4 is the exact same LPA front sight used on the 1301 Tactical...and that comes from having compared specimens in person and having actually asked that at the factory when I was getting my armorer certification.

Quote Originally Posted by i am No One View Post
    Do you think Aridus will manufacture a longer male to male fastener to compensate the missing stock buffer as an optional/additional product?
    Doubtful... He can't keep his current inventory in stock right now and nothing yet has shown that its absence is anything to worry about.

Has anyone tried the aridus/Magpul parts and returned back to a stock setup? I have the full aridus complement to my 1301 tactical, and while it's nice, I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost to me. Unfortunately I cross threaded my long stock bolt, so I'm probably stuck for a while. 😐

User Tag List