Page 461 of 678 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 6771

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The PO clawed back my misforwarded CROM. Now I’m looking for a good deal on a Holosun 503.
    I had a Holosun 503GU Elite on my 1301.
    During a range session where I fired about 15 slugs, the unit shut off twice and the reticle changed once.
    So I ordered an Aimpoint Micro H-2 and switched it out.
    After repeating the range session, no issues with the H-2.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in NH View Post
    I had a Holosun 503GU Elite on my 1301.
    During a range session where I fired about 15 slugs, the unit shut off twice and the reticle changed once.
    So I ordered an Aimpoint Micro H-2 and switched it out.
    After repeating the range session, no issues with the H-2.
    And I had finally decided to put my anti-Holosun bias to the side and give one a try…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    And I had finally decided to put my anti-Holosun bias to the side and give one a try…
    Based on performance on pistol slides, I would avoid models which use dial type rheostats. They don't due well under heavy recoil.

Site Supporter
    I came very close a few times to ordering the 65 MOA Holosun, but in the end decided I couldn’t justify spending money on a Chinese knockoff. These guns are expensive and expensive to feed - hard to say there is a legitimate need to save a couple hundred dollars and send the money to China.

That said, I struggled with it some because, while initially clearly a knockoff, Holosun is doing some interesting things that Aimpoint/etc aren’t bothering to keep up with. The ring seems like a good idea for the shotgun and almost convinced me, but in the end I think it doesn’t really do anything. This isn’t a pistol mounted optic where there can be some difficulty acquiring the dot. I don’t see how the ring will ever really help with a stocked firearm. I haven’t shot with one though so take that opinion for what it’s worth.

For what it's worth, I've never had a problem with anything Holosun (with the exception of zeroing my HE510C not being very pleasant), but the bulk of my experience with them has been on their upper-end offerings, not the low and mid-range.

The only other advice I can give is to buy from a store with a good return policy.

I did do a search and EuroOptic has the H-2 (SKU 200185) for $579, which is the cheapest I could find for brand new. The NVD-ready SKU (200170) is $649.
    Last edited by destruya; 10-05-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Based on performance on pistol slides, I would avoid models which use dial type rheostats. They don't due well under heavy recoil.
    This wasn’t a rheostat model, though - right?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I came very close a few times to ordering the 65 MOA Holosun, but in the end decided I couldn’t justify spending money on a Chinese knockoff. These guns are expensive and expensive to feed - hard to say there is a legitimate need to save a couple hundred dollars and send the money to China.

That said, I struggled with it some because, while initially clearly a knockoff, Holosun is doing some interesting things that Aimpoint/etc aren’t bothering to keep up with. The ring seems like a good idea for the shotgun and almost convinced me, but in the end I think it doesn’t really do anything. This isn’t a pistol mounted optic where there can be some difficulty acquiring the dot. I don’t see how the ring will ever really help with a stocked firearm. I haven’t shot with one though so take that opinion for what it’s worth.
    It’s the ring that is the draw for me. I may just wait for a deal on an Aimpoint, even used.
    Ken

Just picked one of these up from another member here.

Going to go with irons first, as it came with the RMR CROM, and I've decided after reading through the thread to go with an H2. If anyone wants to swap, let me know .

Also, can anyone point me to docs on how to adjust the irons?

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Just picked one of these up from another member here.

Going to go with irons first, as it came with the RMR CROM, and I've decided after reading through the thread to go with an H2. If anyone wants to swap, let me know .

PM Sent

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    It's dead simple, if not convenient... There are set screws on each side of the threaded iron. You loosen both set screws to allow the iron to be screwed up or down for elevation and to drift the iron left or right, then tighten.

User Tag List