Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad news: Federal possibly discontinuing 8 pellet Flite Control

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

Bad news: Federal possibly discontinuing 8 pellet Flite Control

Name:  nomore8pellet.JPG
Views: 2119
Size:  35.3 KB

Ellifritz is not one to just pass along poorly sourced rumor. It looks as if the 8 pellet loading of FFC might be discontinued.

One of the biggest problems shotguns have in the defensive role is the plug-fucking stupidity of the market surrounding shotguns. A lot of agencies buy the 9 pellet load because 9 pellets is the tradition, regardless of whether the 8 pellet load performs better. With more and more agencies ditching shotguns altogether because they don't know how to train people on them, I can imagine that the LE demand for the 8 pellet load is continually shrinking.

The civilian market for defensive shotguns is hardly any smarter when it comes to ammunition selection.

I'd say stock up, but 8 pellet has basically been unobtanium since the COVID panic started.
    3/15/2016

Well crap, that's horrible news.
    Do we start a petition?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'd say stock up, but 8 pellet has basically been unobtanium since the COVID panic started.
    I wonder if this announcement is part of the reason why we can't find it. It was unofficially discontinued a while ago, wasn't manufactured (in favor of the 9-pellet), and now comes the official announcement.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Well crap, that's horrible news.
    Do we start a petition?
    In a commercial context like this, the only signatures that are meaningful are at the bottom of a bunch of large purchase orders.

The market didn't like it, so it's gone. None of us on the forum are the market.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I am a shotgunner noob.

I had to Google it.

Interesting hypothesis about the 8 pellet in two rows of 4.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.luc...ot-part-2/amp/

Well, this sucks.

There are lots of boutique reloaders, some with rare offerings that probably don't have high sales. Is it reasonable to anticipate some guy will retire to his garage after dinner and and start making the 8-pellet loads?

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    There are lots of boutique reloaders, some with rare offerings that probably don't have high sales. Is it reasonable to anticipate some guy will retire to his garage after dinner and and start making the 8-pellet loads?
    The problem is sourcing the Flight Control wads. The other option is Hornady 00 buck… it is loaded with 8 pellets and their VersaTite wad, but it’s loaded to 1600 fps and doesn’t have a buffer compound like Federal

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    The problem is sourcing the Flight Control wads. The other option is Hornady 00 buck… it is loaded with 8 pellets and their VersaTite wad, but it’s loaded to 1600 fps and doesn’t have a buffer compound like Federal
    And the shot isn't plated.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    No offense to anyone, but I’d be reluctant to use something like that for serious use.
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List