Page 418 of 678 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 6780

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Now I really want that magazine tube extension. If I’m going to be downloading the tube by one round, I’d rather have a 7 round tube than a 5 round tube.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Now I really want that magazine tube extension. If I’m going to be downloading the tube by one round, I’d rather have a 7 round tube than a 5 round tube.
    On the factory magazine tube, with the magazine loaded to max capacity there's still a bit less than 1/2 a shell worth of play. So you can easily keep 5 in the gun as there's more room for forgiveness in the factory mag tube than in the extended mag tube.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    On the factory magazine tube, with the magazine loaded to max capacity there's still a bit less than 1/2 a shell worth of play. So you can easily keep 5 in the gun as there's more room for forgiveness in the factory mag tube than in the extended mag tube.
    So the concerns about fatiguing the magazine spring and damaging the shells in the tube due to there not being room for them to move are mostly focused on the guns with the +2 extension? I shouldn’t have to worry about some of the things we’ve just talked about when using the magazine tube without extension?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I don't know much about the evolution of the 1301; can somebody briefly denote the changes by generation? I have what I think is a first generation Tactical. My question is so I can positively i.d. it and then address any mechanical shortcomings that it might have as an earlier gun. I whacked a groundhog with it last Fall, so it's drawn blood.

I'm not one to need to have the latest and greatest, so if there's nothing that has to be upgraded, I'll happily leave it alone. My primary use for it is HD, and it came with hundreds of shells, a case, a mag tube extension, Mesa Tactical stock, and a bunch of other good stuff.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    So the concerns about fatiguing the magazine spring and damaging the shells in the tube due to there not being room for them to move are mostly focused on the guns with the +2 extension? I shouldn’t have to worry about some of the things we’ve just talked about when using the magazine tube without extension?
    Right.

The Nordic tube's physical dimensions leave 7 shells smashed into each other with the spring fully compressed, leaving nowhere for impact and vibration to go except into the shells. So for that I put seven in the tube and drop one on the lifter for HD use, leaving 7 total in the gun.

With the factory mag tube 5 rounds still leaves some room to further compress the spring and that gives extra margin to prevent damage to the shells in the tube. On my gun without the Nordic extension I load five in the mag tube and drop one from the mag tube on the lifter using the shell release leaving five total in the gun. You don't need to run four total in the gun as you would if you were to download the mag tube on a pump gun like the Remington 870. (I use a Wilson extension on my 870's because they still have room even with the magazine fully loaded)

Whatever the capacity on the 1301, I stick to loading the tube to the max and dropping one on the lifter. That gives me the advertised capacity ready to use should I need the gun.
    3/15/2016

That makes sense, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Right.

The Nordic tube's physical dimensions leave 7 shells smashed into each other with the spring fully compressed, leaving nowhere for impact and vibration to go except into the shells. So for that I put seven in the tube and drop one on the lifter for HD use, leaving 7 total in the gun.

With the factory mag tube 5 rounds still leaves some room to further compress the spring and that gives extra margin to prevent damage to the shells in the tube. On my gun without the Nordic extension I load five in the mag tube and drop one from the mag tube on the lifter using the shell release leaving five total in the gun. You don't need to run four total in the gun as you would if you were to download the mag tube on a pump gun like the Remington 870. (I use a Wilson extension on my 870's because they still have room even with the magazine fully loaded)

Whatever the capacity on the 1301, I stick to loading the tube to the max and dropping one on the lifter. That gives me the advertised capacity ready to use should I need the gun.
    Question then. I orderd the wrong tube and it extends past the muzzle. Do I go with what I got, or order the right tube?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Question then. I orderd the wrong tube and it extends past the muzzle. Do I go with what I got, or order the right tube?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Clearly not TC but how far past? My Nord+2 extends what an inch? past & zero issues after an ass load of 3Gs (hello dump barrel) and sev. hard use DB classses so ……

Seems like the extensions need to be made a bit longer

Having a tube that extends past the muzzle is not an issue unless you’re concerned with overall length. I have a Nordic +3 on my 1301C that is just past the muzzle and their tube coupler with another +4 extension that gives me 12 in the tube for certain gun games. I’ve shot slugs, 00 & birdshot with no issue. I can have it with 8, 9 or 12 depending on what I’m doing.

Name:  78A7595B-0002-4671-B46B-5135546C97B6.jpg
Views: 1199
Size:  57.3 KB
    Name:  6A1B0076-2861-42BD-8432-BF0916BBAD97.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  53.7 KB
    Name:  F7903479-A1B6-4998-97B8-B711E95F5D15.jpg
Views: 1125
Size:  56.2 KB

User Tag List