Page 417 of 675 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 6745

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I've been on the notification list for the Crom and the SGA stock adapter for about a year so by this point I'm not holding my breath.

I bought my 1301 in March about the time I wrecked my right shoulder. It's still not healed enough from the surgery to shoot a 12 ga off it but I finally managed to at least have a buddy shoot it to make sure it actually functions!😂 It runs like a top! Hopefully by the time I'm able to shoot again I'll have the gun set up to my liking.
    Aridus alerts got caught by my spam filter at Gmail. If you add them to your contacts they should get to your inbox.

I goofed my shoulder late last year (no surgery) but other than occassional discomfort I'm okay. Shooting 12G leaves me sore the next day when it never used too... I guess I mean to say hope you heal up solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggs75 View Post
    I just paid double the amount on eBay.

I am waiting for their handguard, hopefully that will be soon as well.

I did just get his universal q-dc but not going to use it probably so will prob sell it just what I paid for plus shipping
    Chad
    F
    "Follow me!"

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I just checked my 1301 which has the two shot Nordic tube extension. With 7 rounds loaded in the tube, I can push the last shell in about 1/2 inch. From what I am reading here, it seems to make more sense to keep it loaded with 6 rounds in the magazine for long term use. Am I correct? Thanks.
    That's what I do. I load the full seven, then drop one on the lifter. So far the spring that came with my Nordic extension is working well with that plan, and I've not had any problems from the shells stored in the gun that way.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    What spring do you recommend for a 1301 with the Nordic extension?
    The Nordic spring appropriately trimmed works great.

The factory spring works well in the +2 extension also.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    That's what I do. I load the full seven, then drop one on the lifter. So far the spring that came with my Nordic extension is working well with that plan, and I've not had any problems from the shells stored in the gun that way.
    Thanks, T.

So if I understand correctly you keep it loaded for long term use it with 7 in the mag and one on the loader?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    same and if I had time my plan is to just +1 into the tube from the side saddle as soon as I run the bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Thanks, T.

So if I understand correctly you keep it loaded for long term use it with 7 in the mag and one on the loader?
    No, he loads 7 then uses the lifter shell release to load one from the tube onto the lifter.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    No, he loads 7 then uses the lifter shell release to load one from the tube onto the lifter.
    GF has it right, been doing this to my gen. 1 for 1.5yrs since it got relegated to bump in the night LG.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    This.

It seems to be keeping the mag spring happy and it prevents any possible issue charging the gun due to user-induced fuckup as a result of attempting to shove that extra shell on the lifter. A bonus to this approach is that it also simplifies loading a slug in the magazine should I feel the need to do that. Slugs don't have much application inside the structure of a home, but if there's a chance you could go outside the structure because you aren't in the suburbs, having a couple of slugs on the gun isn't a bad idea.

In a home defense role, I am unlikely to find that I won't be able to get the job done with the 7 in the gun. (Six in the mag tube, one on the lifter) If I do hit that rare occasion where I've put several bad guys down with the buckshot in the gun and there's still a dude or two left who intend to fight to the finish, I can accomplish an emergency reload in less than 1.5 seconds from my side saddle.

If I have time before the start of the fireworks, I may charge the gun and load an extra shell in the magazine immediately...but I like to keep my manipulations at the onset of possible hostilities as simple and quick as possible. The last thing I want to do is induce a problem with the weapon when I think I am going to need it, especially when I'm fairly certain that the chances I need that extra shell are dwarfed by the chances that I'll find a way to fuck up the manipulation under stress.

...and keep in mind: I practice this stuff far more than most. I probably spend more time manipulating a shotgun set up for defense than all but maybe a dozen people on the planet just as a result of teaching it. I'm definitely over-learned on loading the magazine from my side saddle. Even so, if I need the boomstick the last thing I want to be doing just before things get loud is trying to load that one extra shell. I'm probably better off occupying my brain with any number of other things that are more important at that moment.

I would advise clients against it as well for the same reasons. And one more besides - most people don't practice the manipulations like they should and their chances of dropping that shell is high. I watch people in every class inappropriately fixate on a particular shell that they dropped to the point of doing dangerously stupid things to try and get it. On timed, scored courses of fire I've watched people fuck up their manipulation (usually because they aren't using the manipulations taught and are just trying to "go fast") and drop a shell, then try to go to the ground to get that shell even though their side saddle has 5 more perfectly good shells in it ready to go. Their awareness shrinks to zero and they will step right in front of a muzzle to try and get that stupid shell they really didn't need.

Capacity really isn't a big problem with shotguns, especially shotguns like a 1301 with a mag tube extension. I'm better with one of these things than most, but I still try to limit pre-game manipulations to be as simple as possible because I'm still human enough to fuck it up if I allow space to do so. And if I do fuck it up or start dropping shit because adrenaline is doing its thing, the last thing I want is to have the wall of confidence I've built with this problem solver dented or damaged by fucking up a simple manipulation with it. That would go double for folks I'm training who will never spend as much time with this thing as I do.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 07-04-2021 at 12:50 PM.
    3/15/2016

Thanks, everyone and @TCinVA,

What you say makes a lot of sense.

Basically load 7 rounds into the magazine, hit the shell release so that one round is released from the magazine to the lifter, making 6 rounds in the magazine, one on the lifter, and none in the chamber. Leave the gun stored that way so if you need to use the gun, grab it and work the bolt to chamber a round and you are ready to go. That seems to be the most fumble free way to keep the 1301 so that it is safe to store and quick to get into action while extending the magazine spring life.

User Tag List