Page 423 of 678 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Back on topic.

I had a chance to shoot the 1301T at a friend's house for the first time since changing the charging handle and installing the Briley extended IC choke. Shooting the same Turkish Spartan brand ammo and Winchester "Mil-spec" 00 12GA ammo it cycled just fine. I expected it would but I like to confirm these things.

My friend has some various bird loads that I've never shot through the 1301 and HOLY COW those things recoiled way more than any of the 12GA 00 buck. I looked at the shells and they were 2 3/4, dark red, and there was a bird on the shell (maybe Federal). He no longer had the ammo box to confirm exactly what they were. I suspect they were steel shot. I was curious if any of you have had similar experience with shooting bird shot? My expectation was that bird shot would be light recoiling.
    Just because it had a bird on the shell doesn't mean it was birdshot. Federal used to have a bird on the case headstamp of their shotshells, including their full power slug and buckshot loads. Some of the hardest recoiling rounds we were ever issued was the brief period we were issued Federal 0 Buck, 12 (32 cal.) pellet shells and they had a bird on the headstamp. I don't remember why we had them, rather than the usual 9 pellet 00 Buck (which also had the bird), but we probably either got a deal on them or someone ordered the wrong item.

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Back on topic.

I had a chance to shoot the 1301T at a friend's house for the first time since changing the charging handle and installing the Briley extended IC choke. Shooting the same Turkish Spartan brand ammo and Winchester "Mil-spec" 00 12GA ammo it cycled just fine. I expected it would but I like to confirm these things.

My friend has some various bird loads that I've never shot through the 1301 and HOLY COW those things recoiled way more than any of the 12GA 00 buck. I looked at the shells and they were 2 3/4, dark red, and there was a bird on the shell (maybe Federal). He no longer had the ammo box to confirm exactly what they were. I suspect they were steel shot. I was curious if any of you have had similar experience with shooting bird shot? My expectation was that bird shot would be light recoiling.
    Ripping Winchester 3.5" Magnum shells loaded with #5 shot a few at a time through a mossy 835 is pretty eye opening experience in recoil. I've shot plenty of them, and they're just incredibly stout every time. I'd never heard of push-pull until a few years ago and I haven't had the occasion to try it with the stronger turkey loads... I'm sure they're still surprisingly strong. Ripping 3 as fast as you can do so is rough.

All that to say "bird loads" can be seriously powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Ripping Winchester 3.5" Magnum shells loaded with #5 shot a few at a time through a mossy 835 is pretty eye opening experience in recoil. I've shot plenty of them, and they're just incredibly stout every time. I'd never heard of push-pull until a few years ago and I haven't had the occasion to try it with the stronger turkey loads... I'm sure they're still surprisingly strong. Ripping 3 as fast as you can do so is rough.

All that to say "bird loads" can be seriously powerful.
    Back before I got the Big PermaZuck, I posted a video of me doing some off-shoulder work with 3" mag slugs. It's definitely a lot easier with push-pull

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Back before I got the Big PermaZuck, I posted a video of me doing some off-shoulder work with 3" mag slugs. It's definitely a lot easier with push-pull
    Good to know! I'd like to get back to chasing thunder chickens at some point. The 3.5" is probably overkill but they patterned well in that gun, so why not.

The Beretta 1301 Tactical/ Trijicon RMR CROM is in stock right now. Hurry

Chad

Well just want to say thank you guys… it’s been quite the read the last 400 odd pages!
    Lots of good info, attitude, random bs and opinions. Definitely a site worth giving back to.

After all these pages what are your guys thoughts on a few things.

Rob haught mod on the crom sight? The crom seem to be the way to go for irons and optics mounting. What about the half ring, Like it or not and why?

The new pro style lifter from beretta? Is this lifter 100% in classes and actually running and feeding these guns in training?….. (not just shooting trash piles on BLM land)
    Is the timing perfect on this for drop in install or does it need a little work?
    Any downsides to this part change?
    I love a open loading port on my way 590a1’s but I’ve made due with the carrier down on my old wingmaster and Jm pro. If it messes with the reliability or functionality what’s the point?

I like the aridus fore end, it looks good and gives a couple mlok slots…. But aside from the mlok is it better? The stock fore end is rather svelte and has good texture. Is the magpul fore end slick compared to stock and does it add more bulk? I have magpul furniture on both my 590a1’s, they are slick and definitely add bulk to the front compared to the corn cob. Some talon wraps fixed the issue, but can’t cut the bulk.
    Just want to get your guys thoughts on it, kinda torn as I like a very minimal setup.

What about chokes? Whatcha ya running and how do you like it? Any extended or ported? Plus, cons or otherwise.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Triggs75 View Post
    The Beretta 1301 Tactical/ Trijicon RMR CROM is in stock right now. Hurry

Chad
    In stock where?

double tap disregard.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggs75 View Post
    https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...icon-rmr-crom/

At Aridus. Standard out of stock already
    Just ordered with the Haught mod, still some of those in stock.

User Tag List