Page 178 of 675 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    As long as you can get 'em shipped B4 Nyeti's shotgun class, we're OK!
    Hope he can Buck as I'd like to coon finger yours if it happens.

My want is the MP/Mossberg stock adapter but the pre-order per Adam won't happen until late Aug or early Sept.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 07-27-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    As long as you can get 'em shipped B4 Nyeti's shotgun class, we're OK!
    Oh, most definitely very yes.

Dropped off the CROMs at anodizing yesterday, should be done early next week. Then just laser engrave and they'll be ready to ship! Likely within the next week or two.

I made the fixtures for the stock adapter last night. Tomorrow I'll start really dialing it in - hopefully have the design finalized within a week, tweak g code, do some final testing, and get the final quotes on the custom hardware needed to mount it (which will be more than half of the total cost, but there's not any way around it). Definitely on pace for a late August pre-order (unless something unforseen happens). I'm pretty excited about it all... i definitely have some fun ideas planned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Dropped off the CROMs at anodizing yesterday, should be done early next week. Then just laser engrave and they'll be ready to ship! Likely within the next week or two.

I made the fixtures for the stock adapter last night. Tomorrow I'll start really dialing it in - hopefully have the design finalized within a week, tweak g code, do some final testing, and get the final quotes on the custom hardware needed to mount it (which will be more than half of the total cost, but there's not any way around it). Definitely on pace for a late August pre-order (unless something unforseen happens). I'm pretty excited about it all... i definitely have some fun ideas planned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Think I may need to pick up a CROM just to keep up w/ Buck & Serious @ our upcoming fun fest w/ DB, hmmm......

Adam I got a guy local to me that has an unused & NIB MP/Mossberg SGA stock that he just couldn't cotton to. Is there any reason this wouldn't work w/ your adapter plus the custom hardware that you mention above?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The 1301 keeps getting better and better. What's the current method of mounting a light to it?
    I tried to sum up the light mounting methods back in December, but it looks like there have been more experimenting since then so I'll update what I've seen.

The two main issues are the forend is very long and there is no clearance behind it for screws. So you're left either with a barrel mount way up front or a surface forend mount.

I am of course partial to my solution: using some acrylate-based VHB tape to add a picatinny rail on the forend. I appear to be the odd one out here, but it's been working great. No loosening even after boxes of high power slugs and a case of birdshot. I've shot a few shotgun classes and a couple of matches with the light taken off and the pic rail has been fine. The 1301 is my HD gun and I have full confidence in the light mount, but to each their own.

Doc has posted his guns with the Briley extension with pic rails, though unfortunately the picture links are now dead.

Vandal has the Nordic mag tube clamp with a pic rail section, but as he says, that requires quite a reach. This with a tape switch, as dfeder530 posted here, might be the best of all solutions. This offset light mount might help move the light closer as well.

Vladtepes used the same sort of mag clamp rail but made his own offset mount to reduce the reach. It looks really nice, and if you're handy with angle iron you might be able to make your own.

To sum up, most people go with the Nordic clamp mount, especially if you get an offset mount or tape switch, but there are other options.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Think I may need to pick up a CROM just to keep up w/ Buck & Serious @ our upcoming fun fest w/ DB, hmmm......

Adam I got a guy local to me that has an unused & NIB MP/Mossberg SGA stock that he just couldn't cotton to. Is there any reason this wouldn't work w/ your adapter plus the custom hardware that you mention above?
    I need to get my TX4 finished before class. Need to figure out a side saddle and get a Micro on it. We should have a good time. It will make a good Test bed to see how all these 1301's run.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I need to get my TX4 finished before class. Need to figure out a side saddle and get a Micro on it. We should have a good time. It will make a good Test bed to see how all these 1301's run.
    The Airidus Q-DC universal mount would be an excellent option.

I'll also be there with my Airidus 1301T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RevM View Post
    Yes, I've been running that optic on my 1301C. Took it through a two day shotgun class of about 500 rounds. Ran like a champ.
    Awesome, thanks.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    The Airidus Q-DC universal mount would be an excellent option.

I'll also be there with my Airidus 1301T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was the original plan, but need to figure something else out. Will likely go with the Ares Gear one.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 07-28-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I am a big fan of having a test bed shotgun. I picked up a decent 870 Police Magnum today for a reasonable price. It was going to go to one of the nephews, but I am considering something else for it now.

I'll bring it to class after I fix the guts and get it slicked up next weekend.

User Tag List