Page 176 of 679 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 6790

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This ^^^.

The Scalarworks SYNC mount is not available for the 1301 but the reason I brought it up was the SYNC was the inspiration for another company, Aridus Industries, to produce a similar mount for putting the Aimpoint Micro on the 1301 and the Remington 870. The Aridus direct mount for the Micro / 1301 is called the CROM and is just coming to market.

If the Aimpoint versions of the CROM are successful, an RMR version is certainly a possibility.

The CROM is available for pre-order here: http://www.aridusindustries.com/prod...nt-micro-crom/
    If I'm not mistaken Aridus had theirs in progress first.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Neither Aridus nor Scalarworks "invented" or started the red dot direct mounts first -- it's old "technology". I have a bunch of Aimpoint Micro direct mounts for 10/22s and 22/45s that Aimpoint released shortly after the Micros were released -- and I don't think they were the first to do it either.
    That's not what I said or implied.

The specific point that one was inspired by the other...

Correct. I didn't even know of other direct mounts until I really started moving forward and people would send me links. No big deal in my book since I'm really only concerned about integrated, co-witnessing sights.

It was conversation in this thread that prompted me to put off the pic rail and move straight to what is now the CROM.

In related news, the machining is just about wrapped up on both the 1301 and 870 CROMs (op 1 and 2 are finished, just need to drill and tap 1 hole on each mount). From there, there's sandblasting, anodizing, engraving, assembly, then ready to ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Aridus had theirs in progress first.

I have no idea what Aridus was or was not aware of but the Scalar-Works Mount for the Benelli / RMR combo has been commercially available for at least a year, maybe two or three. It definitely predates the Aridus.

The first Scalar-Works direct mount for shotgun I saw was on PF - GJM posted a photo of an RMR mounted to one of his Benelli bear guns with the scalar-works direct mount. As I recall it was only available for RMR at the time.

I can't remember if it was a shotgun gun thread, a bear defense thread on an Alaska thread but it was definitely quite some time ago.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-19-2017 at 11:16 PM.

I have no idea what Aridus was or was not aware of but the Scalar-Works Mount for the Benelli / RMR combo has been commercially available for at least a year, maybe two or three. It definitely predates the Aridus.

The first Scalar-Works direct mount for shotgun I saw was on PF - GJM posted a photo of an RMR mounted to one of his Benelli bear guns with the scalar-works direct mount. As I recall it was only available for RMR at the time.

I can't remember if it was a shotgun gun thread, a bear defense thread on an Alaska thread but it was definitely quite some time ago.
    I haven't kept close enough tabs. My point of contention was where the thought came from. Having been ancillary to at least some of the process I know Scalarworks wasn't in the picture at all. Not really a beef or anything, I'm just currently a little sensitive to folks getting credit for shit they didn't do first and/or getting credit for being the original source.

/snowflake moment

Carry on.

Not sure when Scalarworks developed the RMR/Benelli mount, but according to my account there, I bought my RMR/Benelli mount on June 24, 2015.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Correct. I didn't even know of other direct mounts until I really started moving forward and people would send me links. No big deal in my book since I'm really only concerned about integrated, co-witnessing sights.

It was conversation in this thread that prompted me to put off the pic rail and move straight to what is now the CROM.

In related news, the machining is just about wrapped up on both the 1301 and 870 CROMs (op 1 and 2 are finished, just need to drill and tap 1 hole on each mount). From there, there's sandblasting, anodizing, engraving, assembly, then ready to ship.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Any plans for Aridus to manufacture a 1301 mount for the Trijicon RMR?

Quote Originally Posted by rossini View Post
    Any plans for Aridus to manufacture a 1301 mount for the Trijicon RMR?
    Hold it brother, let's get Adam to finish tweaking & then release the MP/Mossberg stock adapter first, Plz&Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    So.....I have had some issues with the 1301. Bad info from the Beretta guys at SHOT Show, a very bad interaction with one of their LE guys who basically said I was full of crap on the shell drop problem, until I did it for him. Then I was basically given the cold shoulder. I like everything on paper, and was really mad about cancelling the TX4 because it was exactly what I wanted. So, thanks to a member here, I will be getting a TX4 to set up with a dedicated Aimpoint Micro. It will add to a growing collection of shotguns that is getting to be a bit like the revolver stuff. I intend to dedicate my personal future in the training world to the Art of the Gauge, so it is fun to start picking up many of the guns I have wanted. The TX-4 will fill a niche I should have filled years ago when I really sort of fell in love with it.
    The 1301 is like the econo-version of their previous model. Same everything, just China-fied, so to speak (no, not made in China, just everything is cheaper made, polymer vs. aluminum, etc)

I have no dealings with this company, but ran across this today while browsing...

Nordic 1301 Tactical "kit" for $100.

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/nordic-b...1-tactical-kit

User Tag List