Page 196 of 678 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 6774

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

is there a way to have the 130 tactical threaded to accept chokes?

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Co-witness is good, but the main benefit is that it drops the dot low enough so that the dot is right in the center of your focus when you mount the gun. Red dots are a tad slower on shotguns simply because most of them sit too high. The CROM fixes that.
    Does anyone know if the factory aluminum version does the same thing?

I am new here, but looked through the thread as best I could for any 922(r) compliant parts but came up dry.

I have my letter from ATF listing my parts I can replace, and I can get a follower, but according to the list they gave me I need one other US made part. I am considering the Magpul adapter and stock, as the buttstock was listed as a part.

But I was wondering if there were any other cheaper US made aftermarket parts that anyone knows of now that the gun has been out for awhile. Foregrips? Internal bits?

Does Beretta making any parts domestically that are used on their other shotguns that fit the 1301?

Thanks!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    IANAL

CFR-2002-title27-vol1-sec178-39

§ 178.39 Assembly of semiautomatic rifles
    or shotguns.
    (a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes.
    (b) [snip]
    (c) For purposes of this section, the term imported parts are:

(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
    (2) Barrels
    (3) Barrel extensions
    (4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
    (5) Muzzle attachments
    (6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (8) Operating rods
    (9) Gas pistons
    (10) Trigger housings
    (11) Triggers
    (12) Hammers
    (13) Sears
    (14) Disconnectors
    (15) Buttstocks
    (16) Pistol grips
    (17) Forearms, handguards
    (18) Magazine bodies
    (19) Followers
    (20) Floorplates

[T.D. ATF–346, 58 FR 40589, July 29, 1993]
    I would suggest taking that list, identifying which of those items are present in your shotgun, counting them, and then figuring out how to replace as many as you need to get down to a count of ten.

So far, with a Nordic Comp follower and Magpul buttstock, I still come up with 12 parts. A US-made magazine tube (not just an extension) and forearm would get there, but the odds of both of those happening are slim. The best bet would be for someone to come up with a completely domestically made drop-in trigger group, which would include
    (10) Trigger housings
    (11) Triggers
    (12) Hammers
    (13) Sears
    and by itself get you down to ten parts, by my count. But when I bugged all the trigger companies about something like that a few years ago, they all said it's not going to happen. Now that the Magpul stock is an option to go with the NC follower, just a hammer and sear would get you there. By my count. But I don't work for BATFE, and I'm not a firearms engineer or a lawyer.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have the letter from ATF.

Receiver
    Barrel
    Bolt
    Bolt carrier
    Trigger housing
    Trigger
    Hammer
    Disconnector
    Buttstock
    Forearm
    Magazine Body
    Follower

Those are the parts the letter says are on my 1301 the follower is easy from Nordic. Its different from other letters apparently, but it is the official one they sent to me, so I am going with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    just a hammer and sear would get you there. By my count. But I don't work for BATFE, and I'm not a firearms engineer or a lawyer.
    Is there somewhere to get a US made hammer?
    Last edited by Resilient; 12-06-2017 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Does anyone know if the factory aluminum version does the same thing?
    Just a note about the BUSA polymer rails...they suck. A very large agency here is replacing all the rails on the receiver. Over time, the screws would back out. Often the screws would then be screwed back down and, given that the person would likely over tighten, the screw would pull through the polymer rail enough to block/stop the bolt.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post

Receiver
    Barrel
    Bolt
    Bolt carrier
    Trigger housing
    Trigger
    Hammer
    Disconnector
    Buttstock
    Forearm
    Magazine Body
    Follower

Those are the parts the letter says are on my 1301 the follower is easy from Nordic. Its different from other letters apparently, but it is the official one they sent to me, so I am going with it.

My understanding is that the letters may back up your intent to follow the law, but they are not legal judgements. A "finder of fact" in a court of law will determine facts based on the law, not a letter. There are statements at the supreme court level that the courts consider an administrative agency's opinion about the meaning of the law to be worth the paper it's written on.

With that prelude, I have not found any US-made trigger parts for the 1301.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Just a note about the BUSA polymer rails...they suck. A very large agency here is replacing all the rails on the receiver. Over time, the screws would back out. Often the screws would then be screwed back down and, given that the person would likely over tighten, the screw would pull through the polymer rail enough to block/stop the bolt.
    If my plan was to keep a Pic rail on the gun, I'd buy the BUSA aluminum rail for sure. The OE screws that come with the polymer rail suck even more than the rail. I posted about why, and where to find vastly better replacements, earlier in this thread. I don't know if they'll work with the aluminum rail, but if it's machined for the same screws as the polymer rail, I'd use them instead of the BUSA screws.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post

Receiver
    Barrel
    Bolt
    Bolt carrier
    Trigger housing
    Trigger
    Hammer
    Disconnector
    Buttstock
    Forearm
    Magazine Body
    Follower

Thanks for the part list.

If that is the official list, then changing to the Aridus Magpul stock plus follower would make 10 or stock plus, if it comes out, - Airdus Magpul forearm.

For those that want to extend capacity yet be 922r, looks easy and good to go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Thanks for the part list.

If that is the official list, then changing to the Aridus Magpul stock plus follower would make 10 or stock plus, if it comes out, - Airdus Magpul forearm.

For those that want to extend capacity yet be 922r, looks easy and good to go...

It's officially the opinion of the agent on that day at that time, only for the recipient of the letter. I wish people would stop contacting the batfe. It's like talking to a police officer. It won't help you in court, but it can hurt you. Resist the urge to do so. If you want legal advice, contact a lawyer, and document the meeting as constitution of legal advice on the subject.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 12-08-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    It's officially the opinion of the agent on that day at that time, only for the recipient of the letter. I wish people would stop contacting the batfe. It's like talking to a police officer. It won't help you in court, but it can hurt you. Resist the urge to do so. If you want legal advice, contact a lawyer, and document the meeting as constitution of legal advice on the subject.
    The last time the annual NRA meeting was in Pittsburgh, I attended the firearms CLE. The head of the BATFE was one of the presenters. The number of questions he answered with “I don’t know” was disturbing, particularly since they were all questions that, in my opinion, someone in his position should have been able to answer.

If that is the head of the agency, why should we expect better from anyone else employed there?

I would be very careful about relying on an opinion from them, and would confirm it with a lawyer admitted in your state and familiar with firearms law.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List