Page 506 of 678 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516556606 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 6774

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I have a Primary Arms Microdot mounted on my CROM. It was one of the first popular Aimpoint Micro clones I can remember. No issues with cowitness. My 1301 hasn’t killed it yet but I don’t shoot it much. It’s only had about 300 rounds through it since the dot was mounted. Mostly light birdshot with a smaller amount of Buck and random 3” magnum waterfowl loads someone gave me.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I have a Primary Arms Microdot mounted on my CROM. It was one of the first popular Aimpoint Micro clones I can remember. No issues with cowitness. My 1301 hasn’t killed it yet but I don’t shoot it much. It’s only had about 300 rounds through it since the dot was mounted. Mostly light birdshot with a smaller amount of Buck and random 3” magnum waterfowl loads someone gave me.
    I actually bought one of the PA dots this morning, but realized I could have a Holosun with circle dot for only $65 more after the deal. I was able to change my order. I have older PA dots on my .22s and have been very happy with them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ll have to put the S1 on my possibles list for future deals. I wasn’t even aware they did a shotgun specific version. Thanks!
    I think @GJM has one on a Benelli. I think that might be some cool kit...
    ETA: not needing a $150 mount might help offset paying $750 for the Aimpoint...

I’m really trying to avoid buying more than once.
    Today I pulled the Romeo5 out again and actually mounted it on my 1301T using the CROM.
    PA has the Holosun HS503CU on sale right now
    have mentioned the 503s work on the CROM in this thread, and I assume they allow use of the CROM irons through the RDS.
    I actually bought one of the PA dots this morning, but realized I could have a Holosun with circle dot for only $65 more after the deal.
    I have older PA dots on my .22s and have been very happy with them.
    My concern with trying some of these less expensive alternatives is if they don't work out they are like rifle seeds, and things I don't need grow underneath them.
    This reminds me, I have a couple of scopes I need to post for sale...

I have an S1 on a project shotgun I did.

Left-handed Remington 870 with a vent rib cut down to 18.5 inches, and a velcro side saddle. Very fast and accurate for a right-hander. It's surprisingly easy to adapt to, after years of shooting right-handed shotguns.

I did swap it out for a right-handed trigger assembly.

I'd like to buy a Red Dot for my Beretta 1301, and want the largest Window available.
    Currently using an Aimpoint, and purchased the RMR Crom.

Once I know which has the largest window, I'll focus on the largest Dot.

If the Aimpoint footprint offers something comparable, I'd like to know about it also.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

If you’ve got the RMR CROM, the SRO is the largest window.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If you’ve got the RMR CROM, the SRO is the largest window.
    Thanks Lon. Time to start saving up some $$$
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

I’ll have to put the S1 on my possibles list for future deals. I wasn’t even aware they did a shotgun specific version. Thanks!
    I was wrong. You want an H2 with the 6 MOA dot, which is what I have. The S1 has a base that will only screw onto shotgun ribs and will not mount on a CROM mount or the Beretta's regular mount.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have an S1 on a project shotgun I did.

Left-handed Remington 870 with a vent rib cut down to 18.5 inches, and a velcro side saddle. Very fast and accurate for a right-hander. It's surprisingly easy to adapt to, after years of shooting right-handed shotguns.

I did swap it out for a right-handed trigger assembly.
    So now you righties see why we lefties like right hand eject 870s...! I have a LH 11-87 if you want to deal. As a lefty I cannot warm up to LH eject/load shotguns. I end up buying RH eject/load shotguns and either drop LH safety trigger groups in or I modify the existing RH trigger group.

If you still have that LH 870 trigger group, I have an extra RH 870 trigger group. Is yours just LH safety or LH carrier too?

I give up. Disgusted isn’t a strong enough word for this.

I tried three different Micro format dots on my CROM - a Romeo5, Romeo4T and now a new Holosun 503CU I bought just for the purpose. None of them allow cowitness with the CROM rear and factory front iron sights, they are all too high. Going back through the thread and looking at zoomed in pictures, the only Micro format dots I am seeing that seem to even come close to cowitness are the Aimpoints.

I’ve wasted enough time and money on this. What is the use of a CROM unless you can cowitness? Back to the factory irons, maybe I’ll spend the money on an Aimpoint at some point - but only after I’ve seen with my own eyes that it will cowitness with the CROM.

Maybe this will help others from wasting their money chasing cowitness.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List