Page 344 of 678 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 6778

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I have a couple of questions about my new 1301 Tactical.
    I noticed that my front sight is not centered. How do I straighten that?
    Also.... My 1301 has the plastic mount on top of the receiver. Is that suitable to mount a red dot or do I need something stronger?
    Front sight: I used needle-nose pliers to remove the nut on the underside of the sight. Added a dab threadlocker, held the sight straight, and tightened. I think it gets cockeyed when the sight rotates as the nut gets snug. This task is much easier if you disassemble the gun and remove the barrel (I’ve done it both ways - working with the barrel itself is much easier),

Several here have used the stock, plastic rail without issue. There is also an aluminum one available on BerettaUSA.com.
    Just be careful when tightening those screws that attach it to the receiver - they are fragile, and it’s too easy to break the head off the shaft. Ask me how I know...

Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    You might see if GG&G has anything more suitable for you. I have settled on a frankencombo of mount and a specific surefire light model. BUT I am using a extension and clamp as my light mount. Keep in mind you can use a cheaper extension like the KZ from Botach in conjunction with your magazine spring retainer to maintain legal capacity and still use the clamp and tube as additional real estate if thats your issue.
    Thanks, I'll look around. I really just want to keep the gun as light and sleek as possible. No extension, a 4 round shotgun card, a scout light, and a sling.

My primary use will be in case I need to let a large bear know how unhappy I am with him in my campsite. And I'll probably try to bag a turkey with it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotechnic View Post
    Thanks, I'll look around. I really just want to keep the gun as light and sleek as possible. No extension, a 4 round shotgun card, a scout light, and a sling.

My primary use will be in case I need to let a large bear know how unhappy I am with him in my campsite. And I'll probably try to bag a turkey with it at some point.
    If that’s your intent you should try and find the Steiner light for the 1301.

On sale at Brownells today

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/s..._content=Event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also.... My 1301 has the plastic mount on top of the receiver. Is that suitable to mount a red dot or do I need something stronger?
    I wedged in feeler gauges to center the sight where it was moving and left them in place while tightening. You will find that the wings as well as the sight post may move. A fingernail helps to hold the wings centered as you tighten

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Has anyone experienced this issue?
    No. In class I will drop my (empty) gun from nearly waist height repeatedly and I've never experienced that.

While it's possible, it's not a likely event and it certainly isn't a "fatal flaw" with the 1301. Then again, Yeager is going to be Yeager.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Get a 5.5mm wrench, loosen the nut holding the sight on, get it straight, support the sight as you tighten the nut back down.

I would advise against using the factory rail to mount a dot as I've seen RDS sights pulling the rails loose from the top of the gun multiple times now. (Note that this isn't limited to the 1301...I've seen it on other guns, too)

If you want to mount an optic, buy the Aridus CROM.

You don't need to mount an optic, though. The factory ghost ring sights are excellent.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    No. In class I will drop my (empty) gun from nearly waist height repeatedly and I've never experienced that.

While it's possible, it's not a likely event and it certainly isn't a "fatal flaw" with the 1301. Then again, Yeager is going to be Yeager.
    I kinda chuckle that he used the infamous "fatal flaw" language in his title. Its a clear attempt at stealing views. In any case it seems this guy already had a busted bolt shroud and he may have cracked it early on when he lock tighted it down. There are aftermarket bolt handles though if anyone is worried. I don't really care for the look of the factory one but I am not replacing it anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't had any issues with mine either but I haven't dropped it on the charging handle either.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I straightened my front sight with a small length of hardwood and light taps with a hammer.
    Pulled the barrel, clamped it in a well padded vice, and tap, tap, tap, it was fixed. Way easier that fighting with that tiny ass nut. A hard plastic dowel and hammer should work just as well... It only needs minimal movement.

User Tag List