Page 217 of 679 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithH View Post
    Thanks. That is very useful information. I intensely dislike the recoil of a 7 & 3/8 pound Remington 700 in 30-06 Springfield. Its easy to handle but orthopedic injuries make it annoying. The .308 has slightly less recoil than the 30-06 so that puts it into perspective for me.

To clarify, this is with typical 2.75” loads. 3” is more like that .30-06 in feeling imho.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you want to shoot 200 Brenneke Classic Magum slugs and 500 rounds of buck over a two day class, you will find the recoil stout. For all normal use, you will hardly notice the recoil.

As I say about every ten pages in this thread, I don’t see the appeal of tarting up the 1301 like an Agency Arms Glock. Add a sling, light and perhaps a red dot and you have an incredibly effective shotgun for home defense or use around large bears.
    Thank you. I would like to keep it as simple as possible.

Picked mine up today. It feels very compact and easy handling.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you want to shoot 200 Brenneke Classic Magum slugs and 500 rounds of buck over a two day class, you will find the recoil stout. For all normal use, you will hardly notice the recoil.

As I say about every ten pages in this thread, I don’t see the appeal of tarting up the 1301 like an Agency Arms Glock. Add a sling, light and perhaps a red dot and you have an incredibly effective shotgun for home defense or use around large bears.
    I truly understand your point.

But even with all the money I have spent on my 1301, it's still less than the price of some Agency Glock's I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I truly understand your point.

But even with all the money I have spent on my 1301, it's still less than the price of some Agency Glock's I've seen.
    Educate me — what do the various add on’s cost?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Three grand for a Glock: https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/aga-g17-g3-hs-ss-rmr

Even with the Aimpoint Micro, Surefire X300U and all the other doodads on this:

I'm still way under three grand.

I guess good taste is expensive. So I spend my money on whiskey, cigars and guns - I don't waste a nickel of it.

Ok forget what I initially posted here. I got the limiter out, now do I need to put the plug back in or can I just put the end cap screw on to hold it in?
    Last edited by cmbarny2; 01-18-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Great on my gun when paired with a VTAC light mount and a Surefire E2E wth LED conversion.

Attachment 22935

Does the mag cap stay secure? I ordered one, but upon installing it, I realize that there is no way for the mag cap detent ball to engage. On a sling mount on a different shotgun that attaches via the same method, the detent ball could be moved to the mounting plate to secure the cap.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Does the mag cap stay secure? I ordered one, but upon installing it, I realize that there is no way for the mag cap detent ball to engage. On a sling mount on a different shotgun that attaches via the same method, the detent ball could be moved to the mounting plate to secure the cap.
    I haven't used it in conjunction with a sling, but in shooting I didn't see a concerning amount of cap-loosening behavior with that light mount setup.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I haven't used it in conjunction with a sling, but in shooting I didn't see a concerning amount of cap-loosening behavior with that light mount setup.
    I wasn't going to use it with a sling; I was referencing a sling mount that attaches in a similar manner. That mount had a place to put the detent ball. This mount doesn't.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List