Page 212 of 680 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

The next gen will have things that are certainly value added, but compared to a $650 current version I'd jump on the current deal. I'm likely biased because I make and sell stuff that may or may not make potential improvements less important.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

That is undeniably good advice but I think many of us overlook the fact that "the best answer" is often a barrier for someone who isn't already deeply enmeshed in the necessary mindset.

I'm confident that my help whatever its worth, is better than him going to Wally World, walking out with an 870, running a few shells through it and leaving it unloaded in the back of the closet. (anyone care to guess what % of gun owners that scenario represents?) Frankly there is so much that goes into being an informed and effective owner and user of firearms that many people simply can't or won't process it all.

Professional instruction is a great thing but sometimes it takes a good bit of learning how much one doesn't know, before they're ready for it. Being armed is a lot like marriage. Yes, some people are gung-ho right from the start but if everyone knew beforehand how much commitment it takes to do right, lot fewer people would do it.

My understanding is there are two ways to get to condition 3:

1) lock bolt open, load tube, close bolt, use carrier stop to release a cartridge onto the lifter, rack one in when ready
    2 (for an additional round) lock bolt open, load tube, put cartridge onto the carrier through the ejection port, press cartridge down, use bolt release and let the bolt slide over the cartridge on the carrier, rack one in when ready

Is those the right sequences? Is there another way to put it in condition 3? In normal operation, when or what is activating the carrier stop and allowing cartridges out of the magazine onto the carrier?

Several people posted about using a Streamlight mount for an 870

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-remington-870

Can anyone report on how it worked out?

@Tony3 I prefer something similar to your method 1 to get the gun into condition 3. The only thing I do different is I don’t mess with the bolt at all until it’s time to get a round chambered. I just load the tube with the bolt closed and use the carrier stop button to release one onto the lifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony3 View Post
    Several people posted about using a Streamlight mount for an 870

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-remington-870

Can anyone report on how it worked out?
    Great on my gun when paired with a VTAC light mount and a Surefire E2E wth LED conversion.

Name:  1301light.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  18.7 KB
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-10-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Thanks TC. I edited my post while you were posting. What do you think the upgrades will be?
    This might make me sound like a dickhead, but I can't say what my guesses are because my guesses might be extremely accurate and I wouldn't want people to get accused of anything if the wrong person finds out that I'm better at guessing what new shotgun features will appear than I am at guessing lotto numbers.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tony3 View Post
    That is undeniably good advice but I think many of us overlook the fact that "the best answer" is often a barrier for someone who isn't already deeply enmeshed in the necessary mindset.

I'm confident that my help whatever its worth, is better than him going to Wally World, walking out with an 870, running a few shells through it and leaving it unloaded in the back of the closet. (anyone care to guess what % of gun owners that scenario represents?) Frankly there is so much that goes into being an informed and effective owner and user of firearms that many people simply can't or won't process it all.

Professional instruction is a great thing but sometimes it takes a good bit of learning how much one doesn't know, before they're ready for it. Being armed is a lot like marriage. Yes, some people are gung-ho right from the start but if everyone knew beforehand how much commitment it takes to do right, lot fewer people would do it.

My understanding is there are two ways to get to condition 3:

1) lock bolt open, load tube, close bolt, use carrier stop to release a cartridge onto the lifter, rack one in when ready
    2 (for an additional round) lock bolt open, load tube, put cartridge onto the carrier through the ejection port, press cartridge down, use bolt release and let the bolt slide over the cartridge on the carrier, rack one in when ready

Is those the right sequences? Is there another way to put it in condition 3? In normal operation, when or what is activating the carrier stop and allowing cartridges out of the magazine onto the carrier?
    Not on the 1301, fyi. You can't load the tube with the bolt locked back. Best option is bolt down, load the tube to capacity, and hit the carrier stop button to put a shell on the lifter so all you have to do is run the bolt.

Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Great on my gun when paired with a VTAC light mount and a Surefire E2E wth LED conversion.

Name:  1301light.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  18.7 KB
    I just happen to have such a light and a VTAC mount (if I can find it). Whenever it gets here, I'll have the other piece.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Not on the 1301, fyi. You can't load the tube with the bolt locked back. Best option is bolt down, load the tube to capacity, and hit the carrier stop button to put a shell on the lifter so all you have to do is run the bolt.

Yup. That's how I have mine set up at home.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I just happen to have such a light and a VTAC mount (if I can find it). Whenever it gets here, I'll have the other piece.
    That makes 3 of us then as I use the same mount/light on my 1301T using the 2rd. Nordic tube extension w/ it’s supplied piece of pic rail.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 01-10-2018 at 11:23 PM.

User Tag List