Page 427 of 680 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I prefer the OEM handguard and butt stock. With a Nordic extension, I can mount a light and sling using the OEM handguard. The OEM configuration feels and handles better for me.
    I'm a big Magpul/Aridus stock fan. The shorter length of pull, and the grip work much better for me than OEM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Here are some pics of the mag extension that came on my 1301 Tactical LE. It's a one-piece molded polymer extension and has some flutes on it. The barrel clamp is also molded polymer, it has QD sockets on both sides (no more small pic rail section like the Nordic has).

I'm trying to reserve my judgement as I haven't even shot it yet. For all I know it will be plenty sturdy and reliable. But at the same time I'm surprised and a little bummed to get this on a shotgun that is supposed to be one of the top dogs of semi-autos. I haven't heard of a polymer mag extension before. I could see getting this on a $400 whatever-brand Turkish shotgun, but not so much the Beretta. This has "cost saving measure" written all over it. Well, maybe it saved Beretta money but it didn't save me any! Have to shell out another $150 now if I want the Nordic extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm a big Magpul/Aridus stock fan. The shorter length of pull, and the grip work much better for me than OEM.
    I think a discussion of the OEM vs Magpul butt stock would be interesting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Agreed CF, even if it means I'm going against my belt/holster enabler.

Here are my thoughts.

I really like the Magpul stock on an 870, and have multiple 14 inch 870 shotguns with them. With the 870, there is no gas system to reduce recoil and the stock becomes a major part of reducing recoil with slugs (excluding Haught). With every shot on the 870, you end up holding the shotgun mostly with one hand while your other hand works the action. That makes the mini pistol grip on the Magpul helpful. Length of pull is also important, with shorter making it easier to work the pump.

The 1301 is gas, you have two hands on the shotgun, extreme short LOP is less important and perhaps even undesirable. Most importantly a Beretta shotgun handles like a dream, and putting the Magpul on degrades that feel for me. Every time I go between my Magpul 1301 and OEM 1301, I am reminded how much better the OEM stock makes the shotgun handle for me.

Here are my thoughts.

I really like the Magpul stock on an 870, and have multiple 14 inch 870 shotguns with them. With the 870, there is no gas system to reduce recoil and the stock becomes a major part of reducing recoil with slugs (excluding Haught). With every shot on the 870, you end up holding the shotgun mostly with one hand while your other hand works the action. That makes the mini pistol grip on the Magpul helpful. Length of pull is also important, with shorter making it easier to work the pump.

The 1301 is gas, you have two hands on the shotgun, extreme short LOP is less important and perhaps even undesirable. Most importantly a Beretta shotgun handles like a dream, and putting the Magpul on degrades that feel for me. Every time I go between my Magpul 1301 and OEM 1301, I am reminded how much better the OEM stock makes the shotgun handle for me.
    Interesting. I have a 1301, and have the adapter but haven't made the swap to magpul yet. I'm using the OEM stock.

The shorter length of pull is something that normally comes with a slightly more squared up stance. Most of my time with a gauge is chasing turkeys, and I've always used a slightly more angled stance.

I wonder what I'll think of the magpul. I'll find out eventually.

@Farstriker, like @Dave J, I prefer the half-ghost ring. I'm back to using the OEM handguard after giving the Magpul/Aridus one a good try, and am very happy. For me, the OEM handguard has better ergos, and the M-Lok attachments to the plastic felt flimsy. It was easy to bend the plastic handguard by pulling on the WML or sling mount, and I couldn't get used to that.
    I like the magpul but yeah don’t really need to hang a bunch of stuff off the front so more isn’t always better. Aridus stuff looks great though. I’m leaning the same way on the ghost ring, if I don’t like it I guess I’ll get a full ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    I prefer the RH mod if using an optic, and the full ghost ring if using the CROM by itself without a red dot. IMO, the half ring creates less visual clutter when you're using the red dot as your primary sight. (FWIW, I have two 1301T's, one with a T-1 micro and the RH mod, the other has a CROM with the full ring & no optic.)

I'm torn on it as well. The Aridus forend makes sling/WML mounting easier and helps 922r compliance, but I honestly prefer the shape and texture of the OEM forend. No disrespect intended to Adam. His adapter setup is extremely clever and well made, but IMHO the Magpul Zhukov part isn't quite optimally shaped to begin with. I ended up stippling and grip taping my Zhukov forends, since I was unhappy with the lack of texture.
    How’s the sight look with the t-1 turned off… still pretty bright through the tube to pick up the front sight?
    I put talon wraps on mine and that helped, but im also thinking it’s a little oddly shaped for a fore end especially since im not working it like I would with a pump.

That’s a big draw for me as well to the magpul stock, I like that lop adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
    Here are some pics of the mag extension that came on my 1301 Tactical LE. It's a one-piece molded polymer extension and has some flutes on it. The barrel clamp is also molded polymer, it has QD sockets on both sides (no more small pic rail section like the Nordic has).

I'm trying to reserve my judgement as I haven't even shot it yet. For all I know it will be plenty sturdy and reliable. But at the same time I'm surprised and a little bummed to get this on a shotgun that is supposed to be one of the top dogs of semi-autos. I haven't heard of a polymer mag extension before. I could see getting this on a $400 whatever-brand Turkish shotgun, but not so much the Beretta. This has "cost saving measure" written all over it. Well, maybe it saved Beretta money but it didn't save me any! Have to shell out another $150 now if I want the Nordic extension.

That’s a cover, handled one today at my buddy’s shop. Comes right off, may even be better then a extension due to no transition inside the mag tube. You could possibly wrangle up just the clamp from Nordic and get the best of both worlds.

Well, I feel pretty dumb! Thanks for the info Farstriker, makes me feel better. Was going to pull it apart tonight but our 3 month old had other plans LOL.

Sorry all, promise I wasn't joining to troll against Beretta or anything. Was just really surprised to see that when all the pictures show the Nordic.

Site Supporter
    I think a discussion of the OEM vs Magpul butt stock would be interesting.
    I was quite happy with the OEM Beretta stock until I put an optic on the 1301. Then I wanted a tad bit more height on the comb, which prompted me to get the Magpul stock.

Besides the increase in comb height, I also find it slightly easier to hold the shotgun one-handed with the Magpul stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    I was quite happy with the OEM Beretta stock until I put an optic on the 1301. Then I wanted a tad bit more height on the comb, which prompted me to get the Magpul stock.

Besides the increase in comb height, I also find it slightly easier to hold the shotgun one-handed with the Magpul stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Did you put the optic on the rail or use the Aridus mount?

User Tag List