Page 518 of 680 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568618 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

That’s what I figured… Just came back from my tax lady and the gov isn’t giving me much back this year, so no CROM in the near future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    No, none. I knew about the capacity issue prior to even firing the gun and removed the retention cap day one. I have 1k+ rounds through it without the cap.
    I too removed the magazine retention cap to get the full magazine capacity with FFC and have had no malfunctions.

Site Supporter
    ***edit- thanks gents, I had no idea that this was a design trait***

I just saw this after inspecting my 1301 today and noticing that the front lens of the Holosun appeared to be tilted. Total rounds fired with the optic in place was 50; all but 5 rounds were reduced recoil.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by CarlK; 02-19-2022 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    So much for buying Holosun. I just saw this after inspecting my 1301 today and noticing that the front lens of the Holosun appeared to be tilted. Total rounds fired with the optic in place was 50; all but 5 rounds were reduced recoil. The sight still functions but I no longer trust it. What are your recommendations for a “donut of death”-type reticle optic that will be of more robust quality?
    Most RDS have a tilted front element, it’s part of the design.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

https://www.optics-trade.eu/blog/why...-sight-tilted/

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    So much for buying Holosun. I just saw this after inspecting my 1301 today and noticing that the front lens of the Holosun appeared to be tilted. Total rounds fired with the optic in place was 50; all but 5 rounds were reduced recoil. The sight still functions but I no longer trust it. What are your recommendations for a “donut of death”-type reticle optic that will be of more robust quality?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

GG&G +2 Extension & More

I've finished modding my Beretta 1301 for now. The only other desire I have is a Briley handguard.

The GG&G +2 extension does not come with an aftermarket magazine spring. The instructions state to use the OEM spring. I fired 77 Federal slugs today and had no issues to report. I would only note that the threads on both ends of the GG&G extension are very fine. I used AeroShell 33MS grease on the threads of the extension, the same for the Briley IC choke.

I fired 63 Truball rifled slugs before confirming zero with both Trueball and Hydra-shok at 50 yards. Shotguns are only allowed to shoot slugs at this range. I'll be going to a different range later to verify zero with my primary load, FFC 8 or 9 pellet 00 Buck.

50 yards/ 40F temp - Federal Hydra-shok (LE127 RS left), Federal Truball (PB127 DPRS) right **Extended IC choke used**

I was not getting any consistent groups with Truball at 100yds on a 20x18 target. I will probably try again next time I'm at this range since it could have been user error or mounting error. As reported in the "poors" thread, the CROM supplied thread locker was no match for slugs.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....41#post1323741

"Follow me!"

@trajiiic how many rounds have you fired with that light set up? Does the polytac hold up to use as a weapon mounted light? Seems like 12G is asking a lot from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    @trajiiic how many rounds have you fired with that light set up? Does the polytac hold up to use as a weapon mounted light? Seems like 12G is asking a lot from it.
    77 rounds. This is the first time it's been on the shotgun while firing. It's still working. I'll be going to a different range in the near future and probably putting 150 Buckshot and at least 30 more slugs through it. I'll update if it ever breaks.

James Reeves at TFB TV on Youtube has been using it on his budget shotgun videos. In all 3 cases the light mount failed, but the light still worked.

I've used the polytac on my 7.5" AR for 500+ rounds and it's been just fine. I had one laying around with the DD Mount so I decided to use it till it dies. I'll see if I can get some video next time I'm at the range to see if it flickers while firing, it doesn't with the AR.
    "Follow me!"

Free or cheap 1301 mods?!?!

Finally took possession of my 1301 LE! As soon as I got it home, I stripped it down to get familiar with it. The First free mod I did was to ditch the mag tube spring retainer. Some have reported that it might limit mag capacity, but I never took the time to find out.

My 1301 has the factory 7 round mag tube and clamp. The next mod I did was to modify the tube clamp. Is stock form, you need to back out the 2 retaining screws A LOT to get it wide enough to clear the front sight post. I ground down about 1/8” on each side of the top lips of the clamp. Now, I only need to loosen the screws 3-4 turns to be able to clear the sight post and slide it off the barrel!

Are there any other free or cheap mods you guys suggest? It’s going to be a few weeks before I get the gun on the range, but I’m always pulling out of the safe to admire it!

did beretta discontinue the 5 round version? My local shop got a few of the new "enhanced" 1301 models with the factory 7 round tube.

I still want the 5 round version due to lower weight

User Tag List