Page 318 of 675 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 6747

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

SBS

I've found only one brief mention of Form 1 in this thread, so I'm throwing this out there for elaboration: Has anyone successfully done an SBS mod on a 1301? Elsewhere I've seen speculation that it might be possible with just shortening the barrel and without any gas system work, but nobody seems to know for sure. I may be having a spare 1301 barrel come into my possession, and if an SBS conversion is an easy process, I'm going to try it. Thoughts?

1301 with the Freedom follower (and gun cleaned/lubed for the first time) ran great today. 30 of the reduced recoil slugger followed by three Federal TruBall (yikes). No hint of a problem.

Going forward I may elect to not treat the 1301 like my lawnmower or Glocks, and actually clean and lube it after range trips.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Freedom follower slightly more protrusion (pic not great, due to the Nordic follower being tilted up in the pic). Maybe that will help. But when I press the shell release the new round shoots all the way back and seems retained at the rear of the lifter, so the follower shouldn't matter?

I did clean and lube the gun for the first time...

Attachment 48663
    Great to hear your gun is running in top shape, Vandal.

Now someone correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the whole “follower sticking out versus flat” thing is in regards to port loading of an empty gun. The flat face of the Nordic follower allows for a shell dropped through the open port of an empty gun whose bolt is held open from the last shot and whose magazine and chamber are both empty, can be stuck with the forward part of the shell wedged against the flat face of the follower and some portion of the lifter (or something else in the back of the receiver). This situation will not allow the bolt to be released. It requires a manual manipulation of the lifter or bolt handle to free the stuck shell. Thus, the follower with a “nose” on it, that somewhat sticks into the receiver a bit, keeps the port loaded shell from becoming wedged as described.

I have a flat faced Nordic follower in my 1301’s magazine too. My last range trip involved a timed 5X5 drill, where I loaded 5 rounds, started the timer, fired the 5 loaded rounds, and then port loaded singly each of an available 5 more rounds, shot each at the targets in sequence, loaded a 6th round and stopped the timer. My five, 5” targets were set at 10 yards. I did three or four of these drills and had one of my port loaded singles jam as previously described.

I am waiting for the arrival of a Carrier Comp, Benelli M4 follower as a replacement, this weekend. Am I understanding this correctly, or am I all wet??? 😳

Barrels for sale?

Does anyone know of a source for 1301 barrels besides Beretta and MGW? Those prices....

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Great to hear your gun is running in top shape, Vandal.

Now someone correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding of the whole “follower sticking out versus flat” thing is in regards to port loading of an empty gun. The flat face of the Nordic follower allows for a shell dropped through the open port of an empty gun whose bolt is held open from the last shot and whose magazine and chamber are both empty, can be stuck with the forward part of the shell wedged against the flat face of the follower and some portion of the lifter (or something else in the back of the receiver). This situation will not allow the bolt to be released. It requires a manual manipulation of the lifter or bolt handle to free the stuck shell. Thus, the follower with a “nose” on it, that somewhat sticks into the receiver a bit, keeps the port loaded shell from becoming wedged as described.

I have a flat faced Nordic follower in my 1301’s magazine too. My last range trip involved a timed 5X5 drill, where I loaded 5 rounds, started the timer, fired the 5 loaded rounds, and then port loaded singly each of an available 5 more rounds, shot each at the targets in sequence, loaded a 6th round and stopped the timer. My five, 5” targets were set at 10 yards. I did three or four of these drills and had one of my port loaded singles jam as previously described.

I am waiting for the arrival of a Carrier Comp, Benelli M4 follower as a replacement, this weekend. Am I understanding this correctly, or am I all wet??? [emoji15]
    You got it one... For clarification, it's the lip/shelf/ledge part of the receiver between the barrel and the magazine tube that the shell can jam against if using the flat follower. The domed/raised followers prevent this from occurring by shielding that lip.
    And as Vandal discovered, the jam can also occur on the final round in the tube under the proper circumstances, in his case it being low recoil slugs... Again, fixed with a raised follower.

I think this has been discussed in this thread, possibly even by me, but with 250+ pages, I can't find it now.

Best way to mount a white light without the Magpul forend? 870 Tube mount plus a pistol light?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Best way to mount a white light without the Magpul forend? 870 Tube mount plus a pistol light?
    That’s my preference. I find it a lot more comfortable than using a push button tail cap.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You got it one... For clarification, it's the lip/shelf/ledge part of the receiver between the barrel and the magazine tube that the shell can jam against if using the flat follower. The domed/raised followers prevent this from occurring by shielding that lip.
    And as Vandal discovered, the jam can also occur on the final round in the tube under the proper circumstances, in his case it being low recoil slugs... Again, fixed with a raised follower.
    Thanks GF, that clears it up. 👍👍👍

1301 comp

Was really torn between the tactical and the 21" comp. I wanted a general purpose shotgun HD, clays, SHTF, range toy, fighting shotgun. I ended up going with the 21" comp because I'm not a huge fan of ghost rings, and when aridus makes a crom mount for them, I'll have a lot less cluttered sight picture. Do you guys think the 21" comp will be short enough for defensive situations? Also, I was planning on putting a +2 extension on it just to keep the length down as much as possible. Do you think a +3 would be worth almost an extra inch sticking past the muzzle?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I don't remember discussion about Aridus making a CROM for the Comp, but there's a direct-adapt mount for Aimpoint Micros for it. Not sure how it co-witnesses with the existing front sight.

http://www.kearms.com/1301-comp-h1t1-mount
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List