Page 349 of 398 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 3979

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    @Flyboytim, do a little patterning with the 32 MOA circle and FFC at various distances and you may find that the 32 MOA circle actually does a pretty killer job of holding the size of the pattern within it. In other words, you might find that the circle size on the holosun gives you an effective boundary for where your pellets are going to go, allowing a very quick reference on whether or not you can keep all your pellets on the particular target you're trying to shoot.

I'd be interested to hear what you find on that.
    Will do TC...
    That is something Iíve been planning to do with the PD 132 00 stuff Iím planning to get by this Monday (range day). Iíve been shooting some of the Federal PFC 157 00. It has the FliteControl wad, but is specified at 1325 FPS. Not what I want ideally because of the billiard ball effect of all those pellets hitting each other. The lower the velocity, the less they will spread out. The 132 stuff has 9 pellets 😡 but at least itís at 1145 FPS with the FC wad.

Just had a long, Messenger session with Ashton about the inability to get the Federal 133 00 stuff here in Commiefornia. You can ask him about it. Otherwise, I would be using that stuff. Iíll factor out any single flyers from my test.

I had heard about the 32 MOA circle matching up with the tighter patterning 00 buck. Thus, my preliminary tests seem to confirm that. Iíll do a more scientific test and mark what I see of the 32 MOA circle on the target with a red marks a lot pen. My range only allows shooting shotguns from 10 yards out to 25 yards, so Iím limited by that. Donít think it will matter much as closer in the FC stuff will often leave a hole the size of the wadding.

Standby... 😎👍

Very interesting about the 32 moa circle approximating buck spread. Think I would want to go with the 509T, with a closed emitter, given the application on a shotgun which canít be covered like a pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Very interesting about the 32 moa circle approximating buck spread. Think I would want to go with the 509T, with a closed emitter, given the application on a shotgun which canít be covered like a pistol.
    I donít think the 509T will fit the Aridus CROM. Unless Iím mistaken, it only mounts to a rail... I wanted the low mount the CROM provides and the co-witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    I donít think the 509T will fit the Aridus CROM. Unless Iím mistaken, it only mounts to a rail... I wanted the low mount the CROM provides and the co-witness.
    Not sure about the height, but I believe the 509T has an RMR footprint adapter option as well as the Acro inspired crossbolt attachment.

I would also reiterate that I would take a T1 on a shotgun, and give up cowitnessing irons, over any open emitter on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would also reiterate that I would take a T1 on a shotgun, and give up cowitnessing irons, over any open emitter on the market.
    Whatís the main reasons, GJM???

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    Whatís the main reasons, GJM???
    With an open emitter optic on a handgun, you may be able to shield it from the elements by covering it with an outer garment or special holster. Assuming the shotgun is not a range toy and will go outside of your house, the shotgun and optic will be exposed to the elements. Rain, snow or dirt can get on the emitter making your display unusable and even precluding use of your back up sights. A T1 is likely to function in conditions an open emitter wonít work in. I have dragged Micro equipped shotguns through all sorts of abuse in Alaska and they have always worked. For my use, I would take iron sights on a shotgun over an open emitter.

Ah! OK, thanks. 👍 I think we have different requirements. Iíll take my chances with my current setup.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    @Flyboytim, do a little patterning with the 32 MOA circle and FFC at various distances.

I'd be interested to hear what you find on that.
    Well TC, Iím having difficulty finding ANY FliteControl buckshot here in good ole Commiefornia. Thus, I can now make no promises regarding a FC ammo test. 😡😡😡 I will persevere as best I can, however.

Rant:

We in Commiefornia have been thrust back, way back, back into time, back to the Neanderthal Days pre-internet. As far as ammo goes, we are as if we had no Amazon from which to purchase goods of every description like we can today. Imagine that all you had to choose from was whatever goods were on the shelves at your local store. Imagine if that was your situation by force of the regulatory might of the glorious state government, those paragons of morality and restraint. Imagine that you were able to choose to buy only from those local stores and no place else. Imagine how they would be free to charge whatever they could, in light of the lack of free competition. Imagine your frustration. Imagine mine. 🤔

End of rant...

That's terrible flyboy. By any chance can your LGS order ammo for you? That sorta service was a thing before interwebz shopping.

User Tag List