Page 313 of 675 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 6745

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

I would also reiterate that I would take a T1 on a shotgun, and give up cowitnessing irons, over any open emitter on the market.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would also reiterate that I would take a T1 on a shotgun, and give up cowitnessing irons, over any open emitter on the market.
    What’s the main reasons, GJM???

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    What’s the main reasons, GJM???
    With an open emitter optic on a handgun, you may be able to shield it from the elements by covering it with an outer garment or special holster. Assuming the shotgun is not a range toy and will go outside of your house, the shotgun and optic will be exposed to the elements. Rain, snow or dirt can get on the emitter making your display unusable and even precluding use of your back up sights. A T1 is likely to function in conditions an open emitter won’t work in. I have dragged Micro equipped shotguns through all sorts of abuse in Alaska and they have always worked. For my use, I would take iron sights on a shotgun over an open emitter.

Ah! OK, thanks. 👍 I think we have different requirements. I’ll take my chances with my current setup.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    @Flyboytim, do a little patterning with the 32 MOA circle and FFC at various distances.

I'd be interested to hear what you find on that.
    Well TC, I’m having difficulty finding ANY FliteControl buckshot here in good ole Commiefornia. Thus, I can now make no promises regarding a FC ammo test. 😡😡😡 I will persevere as best I can, however.

Rant:

We in Commiefornia have been thrust back, way back, back into time, back to the Neanderthal Days pre-internet. As far as ammo goes, we are as if we had no Amazon from which to purchase goods of every description like we can today. Imagine that all you had to choose from was whatever goods were on the shelves at your local store. Imagine if that was your situation by force of the regulatory might of the glorious state government, those paragons of morality and restraint. Imagine that you were able to choose to buy only from those local stores and no place else. Imagine how they would be free to charge whatever they could, in light of the lack of free competition. Imagine your frustration. Imagine mine. 🤔

End of rant...

That's terrible flyboy. By any chance can your LGS order ammo for you? That sorta service was a thing before interwebz shopping.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    We in Commiefornia have been thrust back, way back, back into time, back to the Neanderthal Days pre-internet. As far as ammo goes, we are as if we had no Amazon from which to purchase goods of every description like we can today. Imagine that all you had to choose from was whatever goods were on the shelves at your local store. Imagine if that was your situation by force of the regulatory might of the glorious state government, those paragons of morality and restraint. Imagine that you were able to choose to buy only from those local stores and no place else. Imagine how they would be free to charge whatever they could, in light of the lack of free competition. Imagine your frustration. Imagine mine. 🤔
    Reloading is a thing. Even shot shells. To the best of my knowledge, it's not affected by Newsom's oppression, at least not yet.

I would have a Dillon or two if I lived there.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Well TC, I’m having difficulty finding ANY FliteControl buckshot here in good ole Commiefornia. Thus, I can now make no promises regarding a FC ammo test. 😡😡😡 I will persevere as best I can, however.

Rant:

End of rant...
    Given a choice of a T1 on my shotgun and living in California, or an RMR on my shotgun and living outside of CA, I would pick ..... iron sights.

OK, I feel a little better now... 😜 I still have the higher velocity FFC ammo that I can use to at least get a feel for how it works with the 32 MOA circle/dot. And meanwhile:

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That's terrible flyboy. By any chance can your LGS order ammo for you? That sorta service was a thing before interwebz shopping.
    I still have some stores nearby I can check on for the lower velocity, FFC ammo (PD132 00). As far as ordering it, it seems as if Federal has decided that their own 00 buckshot with FliteControl wads just don’t merit much attention. I’m not privy to their marketing department’s research, of course, but I’m a little shocked and annoyed that they have enough business from law enforcement they can afford to restrict sales to us mere, tax paying, keep the whole thing going, minions, of the LE133 00 ammo. And even the PD132 00 ammo is in short supply. Perhaps there is just too much demand for 223 and 9 mm to bother with us shotgun idiots, I don’t know. But it really makes me 😡😡😡.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Reloading is a thing. Even shot shells. To the best of my knowledge, it's not affected by Newsom's oppression, at least not yet.

I would have a Dillon or two if I lived there.
    Thanks Olong. Yes, I am considering loading my own from scratch. I would try to replicate the low recoil/velocity FFC, 8 pellet load’s ballistics, and use it for practice. And you are correct, at least so far and subject to change, there are no restrictions on buying reloading supplies via the internet and having them shipped direct to your house.

That said, how would someone like yourself go about replicating the Federal LE133 00 loading??? 🤔 AFAIK, it ain’t easy...

User Tag List