Page 508 of 679 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558608 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Please do. I had someone ask me on my YouTube video if removing the spring retaining cap on the new OEM 7 shell tube would impact reliability. It hasn't on my 5 shot tube.
    Sorry I haven't managed to do this yet, but I will report that I continue to consistently be able to get seven shells in the thing, but it is a tight fit.
    What is a link to the video you mention?

Sorry if this was covered in the previous 508 pages, but what are people recommending for a light mount for the new Gen 2 1301s that come with a mag extension from the factory? My usual go-tos, Mesa and Aridus, don't have one.

Also who do we like for side saddles? The Aridus one appears to attach with adhesive? I have always used Mesa for my Remingtons and Mossbergs but they don't seem to have one for the 1301 either. Or is adhesive the only way because there is only the one screw on the left side?
    Join FPC

Seems Mesa Tactical is keen on stealing some CROM business: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...shell-carrier/

A Sureshell RMR mount with a co-witnessed RMR mount for the 1301 will be “priority #1” once SHOT is over, according to the staff at the booth.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Sorry if this was covered in the previous 508 pages, but what are people recommending for a light mount for the new Gen 2 1301s that come with a mag extension from the factory? My usual go-tos, Mesa and Aridus, don't have one.

Also who do we like for side saddles? The Aridus one appears to attach with adhesive? I have always used Mesa for my Remingtons and Mossbergs but they don't seem to have one for the 1301 either. Or is adhesive the only way because there is only the one screw on the left side?
    It seems alot of folks like the velcro cards with an adhesive side on the gun. I went with the Aridus QDC, because I don't see trading out the card as super important for my use. The Aridus is adhesive also. I seriously think the receiver would bend before the adhesive let go. It's incredibly strong.

If there are other non-adhesive options I haven't seen them. If you're okay with permenant, the adhesive seems pretty solid.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    Seems Mesa Tactical is keen on stealing some CROM business: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...shell-carrier/

A Sureshell RMR mount with a co-witnessed RMR mount for the 1301 will be “priority #1” once SHOT is over, according to the staff at the booth.
    Ugh.

It's a sign of the 1301's popularity that such a move is being made.

But it's still a sub-optimal option.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Ugh.

But it's still a sub-optimal option.
    I agree. I have their similar product on an 1187. It was a quick and easy way to get a Micro on it to see if I liked the idea of a red dot on a shotgun (which I do). However, I eventually didn’t care for the added weight, and the optic is higher than I want.

Thanks for the replies. I think I've made my peace with the Aridus shell carrier. And it seems like the only way to get a light on there is with the Aridus handguard? That part is unfortunate because while I like it, its just pricy, and if I could find a cheap pic rail solution that would be one place I could save money.

But yeah, it seems like just buy the entire Aridus catalog and recreate the Langdon version is the answer to getting the 1301 up to speed.
    Join FPC

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I've added a thread stickied in the forum to help guide folks with the basic modification questions about lights and optics. You can find that here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-amp-Reference

There are other options for a light mount apart from the Aridus handguard. It all depends on how you want to achieve the goal and your budget.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've added a thread stickied in the forum to help guide folks with the basic modification questions about lights and optics. You can find that here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-amp-Reference

There are other options for a light mount apart from the Aridus handguard. It all depends on how you want to achieve the goal and your budget.
    Thanks - that thread was needed, this one is like trying to drink from a firehose.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Yessssssssssss, thank you!
    Join FPC

User Tag List