Page 152 of 679 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I am a big fan of Ghost rings to this day, but it seems fewer and fewer are.
    A while back, we took 3 870's to the range - one with a bead, one with ghost rings, and one with the Trijicon replacement for the factory rifle sights (think big blocky pistol sights). We played around with all three including shooting skeet. Everyone loved the Trijicon replacement sights. For moving targets, you can ignore rear and still hit well. For slugs, there is more than enough accuracy on tap. The ghost rings may allow a bit more precision with slugs at 100+ yards but this feels like a poor compromise for their being (slightly) slower up close.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Please forgive me if this has already been addressed in the thread, but is there enough meat in the barrel muzzle to thread for choke tubes in the 18" 1301t ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    A while back, we took 3 870's to the range - one with a bead, one with ghost rings, and one with the Trijicon replacement for the factory rifle sights (think big blocky pistol sights). We played around with all three including shooting skeet. Everyone loved the Trijicon replacement sights. For moving targets, you can ignore rear and still hit well. For slugs, there is more than enough accuracy on tap. The ghost rings may allow a bit more precision with slugs at 100+ yards but this feels like a poor compromise for their being (slightly) slower up close.
    My work gun has those trijicon sights. They are my least favorite option, and long experience has proven them too fragile for my taste.

I'd take (and I have) a bead over them anyday.

Ghost rings are funny. They are only slow up close if you force the issue. If you shoot the gun like a shotgun was intended to be shot, then they are as fast as anything, and offer more precision at range when you want it.

I don't have much experience with them, but I think true express sights might be the best compromise if you can't have a red dot.

Also, I pretty much treat my 870 as a big bore rifle, and only load slugs. Not the best use for a shotgun, but this is 2017 and there are just better long guns to take for professional use.

My work gun has those trijicon sights. They are my least favorite option, and long experience has proven them too fragile for my taste.

I'd take (and I have) a bead over them anyday.

Ghost rings are funny. They are only slow up close if you force the issue. If you shoot the gun like a shotgun was intended to be shot, then they are as fast as anything, and offer more precision at range when you want it.

I don't have much experience with them, but I think true express sights might be the best compromise if you can't have a red dot.

Also, I pretty much treat my 870 as a big bore rifle, and only load slugs. Not the best use for a shotgun, but this is 2017 and there are just better long guns to take for professional use.
    I shot a bird with my M1014 once. Just snapped the gun up and shot it. It was at about 20 yards and flying at a 90* to me. I just threw the gun up and BOOM! Somehow, the ghost-rings did not save the bird.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Yes, the previously posted item is in fact a stock adapter (not Magpul specific, but it is the best stock out there) for the 1301.

As long as you are working on making my dreams come true, I have
    a request. I live in a state where I can not have a "adjustable"
    or "folding" stock. If it were possible to have a "removable
    stock" that would be nice for having some kind of a "truck gun".

Its probably not possible, but if you could rattle it around in
    your head for a bit I would appreciate it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I am a big fan of Ghost rings to this day, but it seems fewer and fewer are.

Having said that, sights on a shotgun are the least important of any weapon, and I think a classic express setup might have merit here. The only reason I would prefer not to have Ghost Rings, is so that i can simply swap barrels and use it for things other than tactical.
    I'm installing XS sights on my Wingmaster when it gets back from Berryville...but I am quite fond of the ghost rings on my 1301s.

I tried the XS sights on one of Tom's guns at the instructor class and they work a treat.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-17-2017 at 08:03 AM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'm installing XS sights on my Wingmaster when it gets back from Berryville...but I am quite fond of the ghost rings on my 1301s.

I tried the XS sights on one of Tom's guns at the instructor class and they work a treat.
    I'd like to check it out in march, if possible.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'd like to check it out in march, if possible.
    Absolutely. Assuming the folks at Berryville finish it by then I will happily bring it along so that others may gaze upon its pimptastic wonder.
    3/15/2016

Interesting. What have you seen break? I've run a set on my work gun for long enough that the tritium is dim. They've been through several shotgun classes and not treated in a loving fashion.

I keep mine stuffed with Brennekes with Brennekes in the side saddle for no reason but vehicles.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Beretta 1301 Tactical

New Aimpoint for shotgun. This looks like a good optic and low mounting option for the 1301 competition versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Doug; 01-17-2017 at 03:50 PM.

User Tag List