Page 346 of 678 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 6772

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I wanted to mount a Holosun 507c on the factory rail. I figured it would be small and light enough not to stress the plastic rail.... Doesn’t sound like it.
    Same set up. Factory rail came loose within 250 shells, but didn’t snap the screws.Mine now wears a CROM

And of course..... Out of stock. :-(

(Rmr mount)

What condition do you recommend keeping a bedside 1301 in?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

You will have to make that determination yourself based on your situation. You have several options for safe storage while still being accessible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Well, I’d start with “chamber empty”, as the gun is not inherently drop-safe.
    Then you can decide whether you prefer all shells in the mag tube (two actions to a loaded chamber),
    or one on the lifter (one action to a loaded chamber).

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I keep mine empty chamber with a round on the lifter. That way I simply run the bolt to get the gun ready and go to work.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I keep mine empty chamber with a round on the lifter. That way I simply run the bolt to get the gun ready and go to work.
    Floated, with a full mag?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Floated, with a full mag?
    I load the magazine to capacity and then hit the shell release to drop one on the lifter.
    3/15/2016

I do that as well and sometimes if I feel like fiddling with it I ghost load it. However on both my Beretta and my Benelli I find that sometimes the round sticks and you gotta push the bolt handle a little to get it to go forward. Anyone else notice the same? Neither of my guns are close to broken in yet BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by sigfla View Post
    I do that as well and sometimes if I feel like fiddling with it I ghost load it. However on both my Beretta and my Benelli I find that sometimes the round sticks and you gotta push the bolt handle a little to get it to go forward. Anyone else notice the same? Neither of my guns are close to broken in yet BTW.
    I find very easy to load one on the lifter with the M4 but it's more difficult to do with the 1301... You have to find the sweet spot with the bolt back just far enough to allow the shell in and under and then it may still take a bit of fiddling to get the bolt fully forward again. But definitely worth it to have a full 7 + 1 and still have an empty chamber.
    The only thing I haven't decided on is whether it's best to then pull the trigger to drop the hammer, or simply leave it cocked, or leave it cocked and engage the safety.
    However, loading 7 and then releasing one onto the lifter is definitely easier, safer, and much quicker if you wanted to immediately slug select.

User Tag List