Page 247 of 679 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Name:  20180406_iphone_0133.jpg
Views: 2302
Size:  73.6 KB

(Moderator, I meant to add text about my 1301 but wanted to check that the picture appeared OK, sorry for the hassle)

I stumbled on this thread looking for Beretta 1310 Tactical modifications (I do shoot pistols too so I joined the forum). Here's mine: First generation bought on sale last year for $650 out of some website in LA... took a chance figuring my credit card would insure my satisfaction. Thrilled to get a new 1310 Tactical.

I had one of the first 1301 Comps a few years ago but migrated to an M2, but then got into 2011s and swapped the modded M2 and was shotgun deficient. The Tactical seemed great for the price and I figured that I could also run 3-gun with it so sent it off to my gunsmith to open up the loading port, weld the lifter, and thread the barrel for chokes. The ID of the barrel necessitated using REM-chokes rather than Beretta or Benellis. I also added the Nordic extension kit and a Noveske QD front and rear, a softer butt pad with the corner rounded off, stipled the stock, better Nordic follower, and a small MFT red/white LED (it's thin and low power). Also a bolt release shroud even though I never had a problem with this in 3Gun, I thought it was a feature not a fault to be honest. Makes practicing easier.

Then I tried to mount a 24" barrel from a 1301 Comp and realized that the receivers are different. Geez, 1/2" whoopee. Anyway I still used it for some 3-Gun with a longer extension but even with the opened up loading port it still doesn't load as well as a real 3Gun shotgun.

Since then I've bought yet another 3Gun shotgun (1301 Comp > M2 > now a Franchi Affinity with all the mods) and this sits in semi-permanent home defense and range toy mode. I may still bring it to matches as a loaner and back up.

Just ordered the Blitzkreig site, seems just what it needs to be tacticool.

Interested in the Ardius stuff and enjoyed his videos of speed loading from a side saddle, quite dexterous! I guess some pros could load 6 in 6 seconds back before You Tube but that could just be a legend.

I wish someone would explain why wing shooters insist on these long-ass stocks and barrels. Can barely find a shotgun fit for human proportions thanks to that nonsense.

No replacement for my M2 stock so I'm going to try to find someone to cut it down for me. I would do it myself, but it would end up looking awful.

Site Supporter
    So my Nordic +2 extension came in today. While attaching the front clamp I got a wild idea, and rummaged through a parts box until I found a Magpul MOE MSA. It just went on, and is a match for the rear sling loop on the SGA stock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Parf View Post
    So my Nordic +2 extension came in today. While attaching the front clamp I got a wild idea, and rummaged through a parts box until I found a Magpul MOE MSA. It just went on, and is a match for the rear sling loop on the SGA stock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    That’s a great idea! I’ve been running mine without the clamp, but I think that’s going to change.

Is their any specific reason to use the barrel clamp? I haven't used mine just because its a bigger pain when I go to disassemble really and the mag extension isn't hanging any farther than the edge of the barrel.

Dan M can you post a picture of your OEM stock overlaid on the magpul?

The usual stated reason is to protect the magazine extension from damage, but that applies more to the very long ones.

Using a barrel clamp can affect your POI, especially if you're using a sling with it.

Has anyone gotten a chance to compare the regular ghost ring CROM with the Rob Haught modified half-ring CROM? I can't decide which one to order and haven't had either in my hands. I'm probably going to place an order within the week. Any help would be appreciated.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Has anyone gotten a chance to compare the regular ghost ring CROM with the Rob Haught modified half-ring CROM? I can't decide which one to order and haven't had either in my hands. I'm probably going to place an order within the week. Any help would be appreciated.
    With the Aimpoint on there, I find the standard CROM sight picture to be a little overly busy for my taste. When the Zhukov is available, I'm going to get the replacement rear half ring as well. I love express style sights on shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I went with the Haught mod as well based on the sight pictures others have posted with the standard back up sight. I think the trade off is worth the upgrade.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List