Page 483 of 680 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

As a general note, I’m aware that I’m “overthinking” all of this, but frankly it’s not hurting anything at the moment. Me deciding between a 5-round vs 7-round tube isn’t the go/no-go on this purchase. It’s timing. So I can sit here and have a though-experiment all day long and it’s not an analysis paralysis issue putting us in danger or whatever.

Eventually what’s likely to happen is that I’ll be presented with the opportunity to buy one or the o other in person and ultimately THAT will be the deciding factor. 5 shells in hand is worth 7 stuck in an online shop availability notification email

And in the meantime I’d still like to hear peoples perceptions of actual use of the two models, or the effect on front-heaviness of adding the +2 tube on the 5-shot model.
    I waited well over a year to get the opportunity to pick up one of these. Never in stock locally, crazy high prices on Gunbroker combined with insane trader fees here at a lot of shops to discourage people from doing it beaus it's not really worth the shops time. Then had a friend let me know they just got two of the new 7+1 1301 Tactical in stock and drove down and bought one and while I was there another guy was finishing up paperwork on the other one. they do not last long! I paid full retail for my 7+1. Then the very next day after buying mine SPortsman's Warehouse had both the greed and FDE colors ion stock (Gen2, 5+1 versions). I would have preferred the green and would have been nice to pay a little less (they were selling them for $1,098 I think). But then again, after buying the nordic components extension and what not it would have been a little closer in price, and I'm not going to complain or lose any sleep for not saving $100 in the end or not getting my first color choice. Front end feel and swing weight were the least of my concerns and was jsut happy to actually have the opportunity to be able to own one. But with that said, everyone has their own list of wants/needs, but I do feel like many of us spend way too much time on the keyboard scoring the internet, reading posts and watching Youtube videos and get sucked down into the rabbit hole and start to lose sight of what's really important. I mean, go back through this thread and you'll see people nit-picking sling stud locations, this or that, when in reality the one thing that will probably make us all better at running the firearm is straight up practice and repetition, not saving a few ounces or trying to rationalize weight savings by having two less rounds in the magazine tube. While many of us will actually be putting the shotgun through it's paces in classes the overwhelming majority of us will probably not even use it that much, occasionally shoot paper or steel with it, probably wont every dry practice with it at home and get better at loading and manipulating the shotgun more efficiently, because for many that's not as fun as staying in front of a piece of paper, cans or a watermelon and shooting it. Yet the same people probably agonize over which sling or QD attachment they should go with, or will upgrade the snot out of it, spending hundreds on aftermarket stocks and forends, but don't put the time in to actually train.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManClemens View Post
    …many of us spend way too much time on the keyboard scoring the internet, reading posts and watching Youtube videos and get sucked down into the rabbit hole and start to lose sight of what's really important. I mean, go back through this thread and you'll see people nit-picking sling stud locations, this or that …the same people probably agonize over which sling or QD attachment they should go with, or will upgrade the snot out of it, spending hundreds on aftermarket stocks and forends, but don't put the time in to actually train.
    Pistol-Forum is a place for people who are serious about training and practice.

If you want to make a statement about needing to train more, I recommend limiting it to your own experience.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Pistol-Forum is a place for people who are serious about training and practice.

If you want to make a statement about needing to train more, I recommend limiting it to your own experience.
    Sounds like you thought I was singling specific people out, or targeting you personally. Was not what I was saying. it was an overall, generalized statement and just giving a different perspective on things. No need to take it personal because it wasnt directed at you specifically or anyone else in particular, anyone on this forum, etc.

Just log onto Reddit (not sure why anyone would though) or any of the other myriad of forums out there and my point will be validated. By no means am I even saying I'm superior to anyone, because that's far from the truth. I have a lot to learn and embrace that and for me that's the enjoyable part of training, especially coming into this later in life and didn't grow up with firearms. But for many it's about throwing the credit card down, modding, "upgrading", etc., and they have the right to do that, but when they can't operate the firearm and then complain or wonder why it isn't performing and then try to blame the equipment and think that the next mod or "upgrade" will solve their problem then yes, they need to train more instead.
    Last edited by OldManClemens; 11-01-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManClemens View Post
    Sounds like you thought I was singling specific people out, of targeting you personally. Was not what I was saying. it was an overall, generalized statement. No need to take it personal because it wasnt directed at you specifically or anyone else in particular, anyone on this forum etc.
    LOL, no. I didn't think you were singling me out. This thread is closing in on 5000 posts, and is a good example of what is so great about our Forum. We do burrow down gear-related rabbit holes, but usually with good reason. Fortunately we have numerous subject matter experts here to guide us.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-01-2021 at 05:19 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Great thread

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the great posts to date on this thread. New member on this forum and has a wealth of info.

While I wait for the Aridus magpul handguard anyone have a black stock forend they would consider letting go?

Thanks again
    Last edited by Kennylifit; 11-02-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ef4life View Post
    Hi - I’m new here and this is my first post. I read through this entire thread over a few weeks. A wealth of information. Thank you all for contributing.

Anyways, I’m a gen1 tac owner. I’ve been really happy with it, but I wanted a more dual purpose shotty, so I bought the 26” a400 lite barrel posted way back when. (40% off sale at beretta a few weeks back made it somewhat affordable)

When I took it out to the desert, it’s basically a single shot. It will not cycle the action.

I compared both barrels, 1301t has 2 gas ports, the a400 has a single port drilled, but a simple for a second port that’s not drilled. A400 is on the left.

The exhaust gas springs are also different. The 1301 is a lot heavier. (Top barrel)

Does anyone have an a400 or a 1301 comp to compare gas ports? If there is one or 2 drilled. I would appreciate any help. I did order a 1301 comp and 1301 tac exhaust gas spring and a few other parts to see if increasing the spring pressure would allow more gas to cycle the action. The recoil spring for the a400 lite and 1301 tac are the same part number so that shouldn’t effect it, but I bought a new recoil spring to have on the shelf just in case.
    Even though this didn't cycle properly, likely due to the gas port error you're having fixed, the fact an A400 lite barrel actually fits on the 1301 is pretty awesome. Ine of the most exciting things to come outof this thread I'd say. The idea that with a barrel that doesn't have a QC error it might even function... that's cool too.

Do happen to have a photo with the A400 lite installed prior to you sending it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Even though this didn't cycle properly, likely due to the gas port error you're having fixed, the fact an A400 lite barrel actually fits on the 1301 is pretty awesome. Ine of the most exciting things to come outof this thread I'd say. The idea that with a barrel that doesn't have a QC error it might even function... that's cool too.

Do happen to have a photo with the A400 lite installed prior to you sending it off?
    5 shot

Nordic +2

Nordic +6

Extended black choke and +6

I ordered a few LTT's so I'll be selling my OD Green Gen 2.

Here's a link to my listing: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...gen-2.7097926/

Quote Originally Posted by Kennylifit View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for all of the great posts to date on this thread. New member on this forum and has a wealth of info.

While I wait for the Aridus magpul handguard anyone have a black stock forend they would consider letting go?

Thanks again
    Keep an eye on websites like Midwest Gun Works, they sell a fair amount of Beretta spare parts. I can't imagine many people would part with their stock forend simply due to the potential for warranty service or repair. =/

The Aimpoint H2 with the 6 MOA dot came in. I mounted it on the 1301 with the 1301's factory mount and I really love it. The 6MOA dot is super quick to pick up and is perfect for a shotgun with buck shot. I can see it being fine for rifle slugs at 50-100 yards. Throwing the gun to my shoulder, I pick up the dot quickly with the gun mounted on my shoulder and my cheek on the stock. If I try hard I can see the factory front and rear sights through the Aimpoint, but I can't see ever firing it like that. Considering that it's a shotgun most likely loaded with buckshot if I ever needed the gun and brought brought the gun up to eye level and did not see the dot, I would just fire it using the aim point tube as a rear aperture.

From what I understand, the Aimpoint will not stay mounted on the factory 1301 Rail and needs the Aridus CROM mount. I have one of those and I'm going to need to take it to a gunsmith or someone to be professionally mounted since I'm recovering from hand surgery so it will be a while before I can fire the 1301 again. Right now the only handguns that I can comfortably handle or my Gen 2 Glock 17 and 19 since the groups are smooth.

Here is a picture of the Aimpoint mounted on my 1301 with the factory rail.

Name:  Beretta 1301 with Aimpoint.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  47.0 KB
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-03-2021 at 09:49 AM.

User Tag List