Page 465 of 680 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515565 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Is it just me, or does the Remington version look longer from the back of the wrist to the trigger? (Not sure what this dimension is called.)

Attachment 78262
    I think it looks like a different angle entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I think it looks like a different angle entirely.
    I don't think the angle is different but the Remington definitely looks thinner with a longer reach to the trigger... Not something I'd prefer over my Aridus version.

Is it just me, or does the Remington version look longer from the back of the wrist to the trigger? (Not sure what this dimension is called.)

Attachment 78262
    That is interesting, it definitely looks like a longer reach with the Remington.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Aridus has done a ton to up production. If GG&G making their adapter cools off demand for Aridus perhaps we'll see them in stock more.

I've not had the trouble sourcing Aridus parts that many others have. Largely because of the awesome members of this forum.

What I do think is sweet from GG&G is their light/sling mount stuff. I'm probably going to end up with one of their mounts under the nordic cap, and then a pistol light mounted on it ala @TCinVA's set up. Perhaps changing the light to something more powerful down the road.
    As much as I'd prefer to utilize the Nordic clamp mounts that already came with the +2 extension, I just can't bring myself to mar up the green finish for no reason like that. I have decided to keep my OD 1301T with the factory plastics to keep the green so the GG&G sling mount might be the ticket.

Site Supporter

Attachment 78262
    FWIW- for me, the primary improvement of adding the Magpul Mossberg stock was the “closer to vertical” grip for the firing hand.
    With the OEM stock, I had to position my thumb on the same side of the grip as my fingers (sort of negating the whole “opposable thumb” function). Otherwise, with my body proportions, I’d whack myself in the nose with my thumb knuckle with each shot. The Mossberg grip allowed my whole hand to sit lower relative to the line of recoil movement. To my eye, the Remington version would lose some of that advantage.

Measuring from the back of the trigger guard to the end of the top parallel line on the front of the stock, it's 5.4 cm for the Mossberg vs 6.7 cm for the Remington using my screen caliper program.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Tex68w View Post
    As much as I'd prefer to utilize the Nordic clamp mounts that already came with the +2 extension, I just can't bring myself to mar up the green finish for no reason like that. I have decided to keep my OD 1301T with the factory plastics to keep the green so the GG&G sling mount might be the ticket.
    I used the accessory silicone pads on mine.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I used the accessory silicone pads on mine.
    And how has that worked out? Have you been using a sling, how many times has it been disassembled since it has been installed? Just curious as to your level of use with it and the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex68w View Post
    And how has that worked out? Have you been using a sling, how many times has it been disassembled since it has been installed? Just curious as to your level of use with it and the outcome.
    No sling, not much use but I’m not expecting issues - they’re simple pads. I may high temp seal them to the clamp side for ease of reassembly.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Just a reminder that you can (apparently, I'm just going by reviews and word-of-mouth) dramatically reduce felt recoil by slapping a Limbsaver Airtech on either of the Magpul SGA stocks using the Butt-Pad Adapter: https://magpul.com/firearm-accessori...obal_color=118

I've got an Airtech coming my way next week (hopefully it'll fit the adapter and if it doesn't I'll let everyone know so they don't repeat my mistake) and it'd be interesting to see the difference between the really nice stock pad on the Mossberg SGA and the Limbsaver. And I do agree with the above posts that the Mossberg looks more suited for the 1301T; that angle of grip looks like it'd wrench your wrist after a while. Good on GG&G for offering a choice of either/or, though. vOv

Still bummed about Beretta taking the Pro loader page down. I really wanted one of those. =/
    Last edited by destruya; 10-09-2021 at 08:29 PM.

User Tag List