Page 599 of 680 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609649 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6793

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    I do indeed see that photo, and in my experience thatÂ’s a monumentally bad idea if you are running the gun seriously for defensive purposes with a +2 extension. IÂ’m not just saying to use a clamp because IÂ’m being a pain in the ass on the internet, IÂ’ve seen what happens without them during intensive use. As for gamers running without clamps? IÂ’m glad it works for them. IÂ’d never do that on a gun I rely on for defensive purposes. As for Beretta saying that, thatÂ’s a new one on me, I wrote the copy for the website and most marketing material on the gun, so if itÂ’s out there thatÂ’s new since I left the company in 2021. 3 shells or less would generally refer to a plug, not a barrel clamp. Would you please post a link to that statement?

As for the coating, I donÂ’t disagree. I know that during the last two years many companies had QA/QC issues for a variety of reasons (Beretta included) and prep is a labor intensive thing for both cerakote and ATS. If the prep wasnÂ’t done right it will have problems.

Now, regarding field strip times, the 7 shot tube does not require the clamp to be exceedingly tight because the purpose for the clamp with a +2 is to prevent the end cap and extension spinning off. As the clamp on the polymer 7 shot tube sleeve is not used to prevent that because the mag tube is one piece, it is there to allow for attachment of accessories and serves as an extra safety layer to prevent that sleeve from backing off (which isnÂ’t as common because or the below reasons). You donÂ’t need to tighten it as much as you do with a Nordic or other +2. ThereÂ’s a reason itÂ’s polymer while the others are aluminum. I would personally run one because it is smarter to have an extra layer of security, but unlike the +2s which have a tendency to spin off as the follower transitions between the +2 and the standard mag tube, this has no break in the tube and the sleeve wonÂ’t come loose from the detent because there is almost no stress on it.
    So why did you leave Beretta and where did you go?
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

ATS finish on other Beretta shotguns?

Does anyone know if the ATS finish is standard on the A300?

I just bought a 1301T Gen 2 a couple months ago, and would like to have the same manual of operations in a hunting gun. Since it will be used around salt water, would really like to keep it reasonably weather resistant. So I'm looking at the A300 black synthetic, but can't figure out if it is coated (with ATS finish?) or blued.

Any help would. be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Well, after taking the gun apart, it seems I have a gouged cam pin, and the edges of the cam pin track in the carrier are razor sharp. Before I disassembled the gun it was fairly easy to slowly lower the bolt and it would stay just out of battery. When I reassembled I reversed the cam pin and now you have to very very delicately let the bolt slide home to keep it from rotating into battery and with a slight jostle of the gun the bolt goes fully into battery. Time to order some new cam pins and break out a couple of stones. I bet Beretta would ignore any bills I send them for QC inspection and final assembly.

I’ll try to get a better photo up tomorrow, but for now the shiny spot is fairly obvious. Also, a quick web search shows this is a problem the limeys identified years ago.

Attachment 92893
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Weakness of the system. Trick for high-round count guns is to do the reversal method you did if you're in the field, keep some in the range bag, or to try to find an old school 1201/1200 cam pin as they were far harder. They were made a little softer in the original Xtremas to avoid gouging the carrier with super hot 3.5" loads (Much more palatable to replace a $12 cam pin than a $400 bolt carrier) and that has kept true for all of the rotating bolt guns since, even though the 1301 Tac is a 3" chamber.

Are you talking about "breech bolt pin".

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/C92278

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by i am No One View Post

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Yes.
    Thank you. Better get some spares.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Does anyone know if the ATS finish is standard on the A300?

I just bought a 1301T Gen 2 a couple months ago, and would like to have the same manual of operations in a hunting gun. Since it will be used around salt water, would really like to keep it reasonably weather resistant. So I'm looking at the A300 black synthetic, but can't figure out if it is coated (with ATS finish?) or blued.

Any help would. be appreciated
    Non camo models are anodized on receiver and black oxide on barrels.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by i am No One View Post

Yes, although those may be the newer rev…. Hard to say

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    I can confirm I've seen Erik launch unsecured tubes in testing. When it comes to breaking guns, and the 1301 in general, he's quite the expert. We still take what he says on the subject as gospel more or less (even now).
    Lol, you were there the first time I launched one in the R&D test range in Gallatin.

I remember King’s “wtf” expostulation well…

I must say the new charging handle is definitely an upgrade!

I was surprised at JUST how much the Aridus design improves the purchase on the charging handle.

Good work!
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I must say the new charging handle is definitely an upgrade!

I was surprised at JUST how much the Aridus design improves the purchase on the charging handle.

Good work!
    Agreed!
    Name:  20220902_220209.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  75.4 KB

User Tag List