Page 415 of 680 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 6792

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Beretta 1301 mag tube capacity

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I don't think its ammo related - these are Federal LE132 00. They are noticeably shorter than other 2 3/4" buckshot I have on hand. I'll watch the vid and see if it has any answers - thanks.
    Have a recent production LTT1301 (1 month old) - did a field strip and reassemble prior to taking it to the range; cleaned again after - mag tube (nordic +2 extension) holds 6 Federal LE133 00 rds - the 7th round will almost - almost - lock into the tube but ends up on the carrier - shells measure 2.4 inches in length - so it would appear we share a similar challenge. The tactical model is said to hold 5 rounds + the nordic +2 extension, should be able to stuff 7 rounds into the tube - will do a disassembly tomorrow and see if I can spot anything unusual

Name:  nordic 1301 extension kit.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  17.2 KB

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    You may need to trim the magazine spring that the Nordic kit comes with to get that 7th round in the magazine.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by tactical1 View Post
    Have a recent production LTT1301 (1 month old) - did a field strip and reassemble prior to taking it to the range; cleaned again after - mag tube (nordic +2 extension) holds 6 Federal LE133 00 rds - the 7th round will almost - almost - lock into the tube but ends up on the carrier - shells measure 2.4 inches in length - so it would appear we share a similar challenge. The tactical model is said to hold 5 rounds + the nordic +2 extension, should be able to stuff 7 rounds into the tube - will do a disassembly tomorrow and see if I can spot anything unusual

Name:  nordic 1301 extension kit.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  17.2 KB
    I added the wrong Nordic 2+ tube that extends past the muzzle. With the Nordic spring cut 16" past the factory magazine tube 7 Flight Control fit and there is about 1.5" play to add another.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    If you can fully load the magazine tube and then you cannot move the last shell forward at all, you have a situation where any impact is smashing those shells into one another with no relief of the pressure. On a 1301 with the Nordic tube in it loaded to capacity (which seems to be the direction most in this thread are going) you can't press the last shell forward. In the factory magazine tube with the factory spring, there's still almost 1/2 a shell's worth of movement. That is there for a reason.

That's what I do with my own gun.
    I just checked my 1301 which has the two shot Nordic tube extension. With 7 rounds loaded in the tube, I can push the last shell in about 1/2 inch. From what I am reading here, it seems to make more sense to keep it loaded with 6 rounds in the magazine for long term use. Am I correct? Thanks.

Beretta 1301 mag tube capacity

Sent an email to LTT asking for their advice.

Disassembled and inspected the mag tube - has the Nordic follower and free length of the mag spring is 29 1/4"

Stay tuned

Happy 4th

With 7 shells, FC #1, in the tube I have just over 1/4" of movement possible... Not the 1/2" TC recommended but they're definitely not jammed in there.

Quote Originally Posted by tactical1 View Post
    Sent an email to LTT asking for their advice.

Disassembled and inspected the mag tube - has the Nordic follower and free length of the mag spring is 29 1/4"

Stay tuned

Happy 4th
    Couple of quick things to check. If you have a plastic magazine cap (see picture below), make sure the spring is seated fully inside of the cap. You can also remove it (although you shouldn't have to). As far as I know all it does is prevent the magazine spring from flying out when you remove the extension screw cap.

Another possible issue is the barrel clamp is on too tight (if you have one; also a fairly common issue). To test, simply remove the extension cap, remove spring and follower and drop a round through the tube. It should move freely through the tube. If it doesn't, loosen the barrel clamp screws until it does.

My spring length is around 28.5". Which equates to roughly 10" sticking out of the +2 extension with extension cap off (or roughly 15" without the extension).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    With 7 shells, FC #1, in the tube I have just over 1/4" of movement possible... Not the 1/2" TC recommended but they're definitely not jammed in there.
    I think TC was saying half a shell, not half an inch?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I think TC was saying half a shell, not half an inch?
    You are correct now that I look back on his comment... So 1/4" vs roughly 1.25".

For those wanting 1301 accessories, GG&G has a good sale going right now.
    "Follow me!"

User Tag List